991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2019 | 06:48 PM
Rgwirtz
Instructor

I just bought my GT3 this weekend. New to me. I originally wanted only sofas, but found a great spec that had LWB’s. I was pretty nervous particularly on day one when the seats felt really uncomfortable. I’m still thinking of getting the Trackspec raisers put in, but first I want to see if I can get myself into a better position in the stock set up. I’m only a non-track driver so don’t need extra helmet room. It took me a couple of hours of driving (and then scanning this thread) to realize that raising the seat actually tilts it forward as well. It’s kind of weird until you realized that the raise must come from the back with a fixed front axis. I was also extremely uncomfortable in all positions until I used the steering wheel adjust to pull the wheel toward me - that helped a lot, particularly with the seat in the lower (coupled with more recline) position. I guess that adding the Trackspec would raise the front, thereby tilting the seat back at every height - so the highest raised position would be more upright with Trackspec than the lowest, just tilted more back at every position vs. stock.

I wish there were a setup to create a variable tilt (even if manually actuated).

Otherwise, has anyone changed out their LWB’s for sofas and how much would that cost? I’ve seen some chatter on other threads about this but not a lot definitive. Thanks!
Old 10-20-2019 | 09:16 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

It's possible but very expensive. Since 90% plus of the GT cars are LWB's. I was confident recliner brackets would do the trick. Although it wasn't my first choice. I finally got lucky and found a car with a great spec and it had sofas. I was also lucky in the fact it had heated seats as well. I actually found some cars with sofas and no heated seat option which doesn't make sense to me. I will be driving mine year round and let's face it. Heated seats are very nice on chilly days. For me if and when I do a track day with my car. It wasn't worth putting up with LWB's. Resale? I could careless. When I do track days. It's usually at the AMG Driving Academy and they provide the cars.
Old 10-21-2019 | 12:22 PM
Christian Plyler
Racer

Originally Posted by gt3ish
Unfortunately, that's the only procedure.

On newer Porsches anytime battery is disconnected one gets and automatic CEL and has to go directly to a dealer for reset... do not pass go... and pay $200 LOL

Many dealers though will reset it a n/c if you just tell them you disco'd battery for reason X. Takes about 3 minutes start to finish... guess how I know.

Um... two days ago I disconnected the battery of my 2019 GT3RS. I removed the battery. I replaced the battery. I reconnected the new battery. I got no CEL.
Old 10-21-2019 | 12:37 PM
AllAboutThatP
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Christian Plyler
Um... two days ago I disconnected the battery of my 2019 GT3RS. I removed the battery. I replaced the battery. I reconnected the new battery. I got no CEL.
I bought a OBD2 scanner from Amazon and was able to clear the CEL myself when I disconnected the battery to install these brackets. I think it was $100.
Old 10-21-2019 | 06:26 PM
Rgwirtz
Instructor

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
It's possible but very expensive. Since 90% plus of the GT cars are LWB's. I was confident recliner brackets would do the trick. Although it wasn't my first choice. I finally got lucky and found a car with a great spec and it had sofas. I was also lucky in the fact it had heated seats as well. I actually found some cars with sofas and no heated seat option which doesn't make sense to me. I will be driving mine year round and let's face it. Heated seats are very nice on chilly days. For me if and when I do a track day with my car. It wasn't worth putting up with LWB's. Resale? I could careless. When I do track days. It's usually at the AMG Driving Academy and they provide the cars.
Thanks for the color - I can definitely live with the LWB seats - and they look freakin awesome and certainly fit the character of the car (raw/hard/aggressive). But let’s face it, if you use the car mostly on the road I 100% agree with you and choice #1 was sofas. Just looking to see how people have fared with the brackets overall and if it’s worth trying them out (I’m going to have to have the dealer install unfortunately). If you wanted to buy seats and didn’t care about the cost, where would you look?
Old 10-30-2019 | 07:20 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I have a set of these available if someone wants them.

EDIT: sold

Last edited by FourT6and2; 10-30-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-30-2019 | 09:15 PM
Henley1
Pro

auto quest or track spec?
Old 10-30-2019 | 09:45 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by Henley1
auto quest or track spec?
TrackSpec
Old 10-30-2019 | 09:53 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I have a set of these available if someone wants them.
$100 + shipping (probably $10 or so via USPS) via PayPal gift.
You're kidding me.. i literally just pressed "confirm" with the Autoquest ones. I would feel like a d!ck cancelling but $100 plays $300...

Let me check my inner moral compass for error messages...
Old 10-30-2019 | 10:01 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

I think I got them sold already, sorry! Will let y'all know if that changes.

EDIT: sold
Old 11-19-2019 | 10:51 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

These brackets are still available if anybody still wants them. $125 shipped. Buyer was international and there was a problem with customs so they were returned.

They are Track Spec. Black.
Old 11-19-2019 | 11:11 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

These brackets are still available if anybody still wants them. $125 shipped. Buyer was international and there was a problem with customs so they were returned.

They are Track Spec. Black.
PM Sent
Old 12-10-2019 | 01:56 PM
carguy84
Advanced

Just installed the TrackSpecs in the GT3 and holy cow, that is a lot better sitting now! I haven't driven it yet, but I can already tell sitting in it the pressure is off my lower back. Now to order up some for the passenger side.

Install was about an hour taking my time and making a trip to lowe's for the E12 socket. Very straight forward. Also doing the Gravity battery swap today, but UPS is not on my schedule!

Chip-
Old 07-18-2020 | 07:43 AM
alberthyc
Rennlist Member

Hi. I did not go thru the whole thread so i am sorry if this is a question already been brought up.

Had them installed today. However, when i drag my seat all the way to the back, my LWB knocks against the factory roll cage.

is this normal? How do you all go about this? I don want to risk damaging my LWB carbon fiber finishes.
Old 07-21-2020 | 12:14 AM
s2kspyder
Instructor

Which brackets do you have? The TrackSpec ones have less recline.

AutoQuest: 1.5"
TrackSpec: 1.0"
tpc racing has a 3 degree recline, according to them it will tilt it back 2 inches. I am trying to determine which of the 3 brackets offer the most recline.

For passenger seat, I would like most recline for my wife. For myself, I tried a local car with trackspec briefly and think it is good for me. If someone can confirm how the 3 options compare, I will buy based on this information. Autoquest said they did not measure the angle of recline in degrees....

Quick Reply: TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets