Sponsored by:

TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2020, 12:32 AM
991.2PorscheGT3
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TracSpec

I went with the TracSpec. At first it seemed too reclined. I didn’t mind the upright position of the OEM location. However, my back developed pain after 30 minutes. I added lumbar support foam (see picture) behind the lumbar padding (only held on by Velcro). I then added the TracSpec brackets. Way more comfortable, but it puts your arms slightly further away from the steering wheel despite being fully telescoped. This forces my knees to be further forward to get ideal driving position on track days. I’m 6’ for reference. Overall, I would say it’s worth doing and be sure to adjust lumbar support with padding. I used Xcel neoprene self adhesive foam behind seats. It made the seat roughly 70% more comfortable than OEM.

Just remove front bolts for install. I didn’t need to remove rear bolts and didn’t remove whole seat. I did disconnect the power harness just to be safe.

Straight forward. Perfect fit. I didn’t tighten all the bolts down until I had firmly pressed down on seat. No squeaks, play, or movement of any kind. I recommend them even if you don’t find upright OEM position to be all that bad. I planned to try it and if I didn’t like it install them on passenger side.

Simple neoprene foam with adhesive backing that you can trim and layer to customize lumbar support (behind stock OEM foam padding)

Last edited by 991.2PorscheGT3; 08-16-2020 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Typos
The following users liked this post:
Hdizzle (10-05-2021)
Old 08-16-2020, 12:58 PM
achenator
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 76 Posts

I like the trackspecs myself. Perfect amount for me. Any pics of how you installed the foam in the lumbar?
Old 08-18-2020, 10:14 PM
991.2PorscheGT3
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lumbar Neoprene Foam Install

Originally Posted by achenator
I like the trackspecs myself. Perfect amount for me. Any pics of how you installed the foam in the lumbar?
Sure, here are a few pics of the passenger seat lumbar padding install. Simply pull seat padding from top down. It’s only held on with Velcro. Simply peel the backing off the neoprene foam and stick where you want additional support. On the drivers side I got in and out a few times to see how much and at what height I wanted additional lumbar support. I even stacked up to 3 layers in some areas. Material is easy to trim. A small tip: Before peeling backing off neoprene foam use painters tape to temporarily place where you think you will want it. Replace OEM padding and sit in the seat. Decide if you want it higher, lower, or thicker. Once optimized peel and stick final position. Just stay roughly an inch from the sides because that’s where the OEM velcro strips are located to hold the seat padding in place.

Remove padding

Exposed backing. Notice OEM vertical velcro strips on each side. Do not cover these areas with neoprene pads.

Easy to trim.

I placed them here. You can even stack layers or create contour based on preference. Afterward, simply replace padding. Enjoy!
The following 2 users liked this post by 991.2PorscheGT3:
driIve (01-27-2021), Hdizzle (10-05-2021)
Old 02-13-2023, 02:33 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Anyone in the Bay Area have experience installing these? Might need some help. Happy to bring some beer and sandwiches!
Old 02-15-2023, 03:21 AM
alberthyc
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these are comfortable and put you in great position to do left foot braking etc. However, whenever i put my seat back to exit from the car as i always do, my bucket seat tends to knock against the rollcage.

Any solution? i do wrap my rollcage now with foam padding.

also wondering if any of you have had the same experience
Old 02-16-2023, 12:01 PM
markiegt3
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmymoO
Anyone in the Bay Area have experience installing these? Might need some help. Happy to bring some beer and sandwiches!
Hi, I would help, but in the UK!!

Tbh, I am mechanically inept, but managed to do this after taking a look - it is easy to work out - link below to help:-

https://www.trackspecauto.com/parts/ts001

You need a decent socket to undo the bolts, as Porsche do them up tight, along with an 8mm allen key - needs to have a short 'head', as will need to fit onto the allen bolt the side of the transmission tunnel, where space is tight.

Atb,

Mark
Old 02-21-2023, 03:43 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Taking my chances here. Anyone happen to be selling or will be selling their Tracspec recliner?
Old 02-24-2023, 08:17 PM
wangZillaGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed myself w/basic hand tools. It's really not that bad and pretty easy (< 10 mins/side). I bought from here:

https://designsbyjacob.com/products/...cliner-bracket

$150 for a pair of seats.
Old 08-23-2023, 10:25 AM
Maxhouse97
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 26 Posts

So for short guys (5’6”) this places the seat closer to the steering wheel, which makes it tougher to get in and out. I think taller guys will have the seat further back so this is not as much of an issue. Regardless I took them out and now have them for sale $50 shipped. PM if interested.

Quick Reply: TrackSpec Seat Recliner Brackets