Sponsored by:

Possible additional run of GT3's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 01:49 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101
At the end of the day, the reason a lot of us do not like to pay ADM is because we do not like to feel we have been taken advantage of. True
Yup. I don't take advantage of others for a living, so it seems pretty cut and dry to me. It may not be for others.

Mooty is of course correct. The buyers are ultimately to blame. There are 2 types:

They like to play the 'capitalism' card when it's really more like 'piracy'.
They like to thump their chest and say it's a small sum to them and they can enjoy now before the peasants do
They like to say it's not possible to get a car at msrp
They like to perpetuate the problem because if they did it, everybody has to do it too.
They get offended when they realize that they really were taken for a ride because they are used to taking others for a ride.

On the flip side, there are people who really want the car and the cards just haven't played out for them to get an allocation at msrp.
They wanted the car badly enough where paying adm was the only way to get the car
They don't like doing it, but it was the only way they could see it happening
They know the dealer gouged them, but it's not going to bother them enough to not get and enjoy the car. My cousin hated the dealer and hated himself for doing it to get a GT4, but it was the only way for him.

Both are contributing to the problem. However, I'm personally much more sympathetic to #2 than #1.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:50 AM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
You got taken advantage of. That is the entire premise of ADM. If you're cool with it and that was the only way to get a car, so be it. However, you still got taken advantage of.
+1.
Respect to all of you who bought at msrp. If people would only wait and not jump into buying gt cars even before they come out there would be no adm and less value threads.

Those who pay adm are also the ones who think people who refuse to pay it can't afford the car (and are also ironically unsolicited internet financial advisors) and bash on people who ask about value.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:50 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting

respect for your many previous great posts, but disagree with you here.

Easy to say what you just said when you’re sitting pretty with an MSRP allocation. Plenty of people, myself included have patronized a particular local dealer for years purchased multiple new Porsches, placed a .2 GT3 deposit 2.5 years ago, told we would get an allocation, only to be told in the last few months that all GT cars would now be sold with ADM. I definitely feel they took advantage of me.

Thanks, but I'm confused. Aren't you agreeing with me when you say you feel they took advantage of you? That is what I am saying.

The premise of ADM is to take advantage of someone

That totally sucks that your dealer did that to you. Totally unacceptable. Sorry to hear that happened.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:56 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,795 Likes on 4,779 Posts

No one should be telling others what to pay.

And no no one needs to come on here to justify what they paid.

This is whole discussion is asinine.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:57 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

geez this train ran off the track , pages of nothing I understand to title, hoping to glean something on possible production run.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:59 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
geez this train ran off the track , pages of nothing I understand to title, hoping to gleam something on possible production run.
agree. Let’s get back whether or not there might be more GT3s coming.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:01 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Yup. I don't take advantage of others for a living, so it seems pretty cut and dry to me. It may not be for others.

Mooty is of course correct. The buyers are ultimately to blame. There are 2 types:

They like to thump their chest and say it's a small sum to them and they can enjoy now before the peasants do
They like to perpetuate the problem because if they did it, everybody has to do it too.
They get offended when they realize that they really were taken for a ride because they are used to taking others for a ride.

On the flip side, there are people who really want the car and the cards just haven't played out for them to get an allocation at msrp.
They wanted the car badly enough where paying adm was the only way to get the car
They know the dealer gouged them, but it's not going to bother them enough to not get and enjoy the car. My cousin hated the dealer and hated himself for doing it to get a GT4, but it was the only way for him.

Both are contributing to the problem. However, I'm personally much more sympathetic to #2 than #1.
I agree on this. And I can see myself to be in the #2 category if I were not able to find one at msrp. Also, I wouldn't mind paying ADM if necessary, as long as it were on my own terms (buying cars, feeding customers, tipping, servicing). It's just hard to take it when they bluntly tell you to come over, turn and bend.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:06 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Thanks, but I'm confused. Aren't you agreeing with me when you say you feel they took advantage of you? That is what I am saying.

The premise of ADM is to take advantage of someone

That totally sucks that your dealer did that to you. Totally unacceptable. Sorry to hear that happened.
i wasn’t clear, just annoyed with the whole ADM thing.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:06 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Originally Posted by Drifting

agree. Let’s get back whether or not there might be more GT3s coming.
sad thing is likely crickets now for this hot debate for more .2 builds .... hope not so
Old 03-05-2018, 02:07 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

You got taken advantage of. That is the entire premise of ADM. If you're cool with it and that was the only way to get a car, so be it. However, you still got taken advantage of.
I wouldn't call it that, but conversely paying a premium to "cut the line". Not unheard of in various instances and actually it typically works well for both parties. I paid a little over MSRP to get my SS Daytona from my jeweler, he net more money and I got the watch I wanted without having to buy precious metal watches that I didn't want. Or paying for the VIP tour at Disneyland, you get right into the fast pass lines with a private guide with your party. Did I get taken advantage of in those instances? In fact, paying an ADM is a *luxury* that I feel grateful and fortunate I am able to afford when given the opportunity. Quite the opposite IMO.

I was willing to pay an ADM so that I could get a car with insane demand I wanted no strings attached with *zero* purchase history from a dealer. I can understand how a dealer would want to give an MSRP allocation to a local customer who services their cars and buys regular 911s, a Panamera, Macan, etc.. makes total sense. I could either spend upwards 50-100-150k+ for cars I might not want or need, or pay my $15K ADM. I haven't heard of too many people with zero purchase history getting a configurable allocation at MSRP. And for those that got a pre-built car at MSRP with zero purchase history, that is awesome and I would consider it lucky. I'm not spending $200K like a chump getting taken advantage of in my humble opinion, I'm spending that money for a car I really want and I'm happy I was able to secure without being a VIP or a client that a dealership wants to keep happy with multiple purchases in the past and perhaps on the horizon. To further the point, my eyes are wide open and I'm very happy and excited for my car. Got exactly what I wanted, with euro delivery which I've always wanted to do, and likely spent *less* money to get the car and do that than had I "built up a relationship with a dealer."

Don't say any of this to boast as that is the polar opposite of who I am and how I carry myself, but wanted to chime in after I heard us ADM-payers were getting taken for a ride hehe. You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion if you think differently! It sure works out if you have a purchase history already unintentionally out of desire for other P-cars but for others not in those shoes, the ADM works well for better or worse.

Edit - also I had been on the list with 6 dealers (some since 2016) with 0 leads. Have prior purchase history with my local dealer in Hawaii over 10 years (Cayenne Turbo, 997.1, 997.2, 991.1) and they just didn't get enough allocations either.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:13 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Drifting , with Joe on the treatment u got from the dealer , major bummer , I see your sig showing a planned ED for the car with your dedication/history here

geez most disappointing
Old 03-05-2018, 02:22 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

I wouldn't generalize buyers into two buckets personally, and wouldn't care too either. Do any of us care which bucket you are more sympathetic to? You are parading around your opinion about judging others who paid an ADM what they decide to do with their hard earned money, this looks like the slippery slope of judging the haves vs. have-nots. Except in this case the "haves" are the ones who are able to get a car at MSRP and the "have-nots" are the guys who couldn't get their GT3 at MSRP.

My business is my own just as yours is yours. What you do with your money, buy at MSRP, pay an ADM, get your GT3 at a discount, as long as you are happy that's what should matter, same for everyone else. I'm not going to waste time judging you for what you decide to do with your money. And I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated
Old 03-05-2018, 02:33 AM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I wouldn't generalize buyers into two buckets personally, and wouldn't care too either. Do any of us care which bucket you are more sympathetic to? You are parading around your opinion about judging others who paid an ADM what they decide to do with their hard earned money, this looks like the slippery slope of judging the haves vs. have-nots. Except in this case the "haves" are the ones who are able to get a car at MSRP and the "have-nots" are the guys who couldn't get their GT3 at MSRP.

My business is my own just as yours is yours. What you do with your money, buy at MSRP, pay an ADM, get your GT3 at a discount, as long as you are happy that's what should matter, same for everyone else. I'm not going to waste time judging you for what you decide to do with your money. And I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated
Great post!
There is no right or wrong here, and some of us may be just a little more blunt. We all know what ADM is, and, as much as we do not like it, some of us end up paying it to get what we want. No salt on open wounds any more, peace!
Old 03-05-2018, 02:45 AM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
No one should be telling others what to pay.

And no no one needs to come on here to justify what they paid.
This.
In the end, we should be all grateful that we are able to get this car...no matter the means. It is your hard earned money, who cares how you spend it.
I believe in Karma, life is fair....you gain some and you loose some.
Jack
Old 03-05-2018, 07:53 AM
italiafan
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 20 Posts

It is much more unnerving over at Ferrari!

Quick Reply: Possible additional run of GT3's?