Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 01:30 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

There are currently 39 used 2019 GT3 RS’s on Porsche.com. So that’s just used cars sitting in Porsche dealerships and doesn’t include all the cars sitting at non-Porsche dealerships.....
Old 01-28-2019, 01:43 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch
Be patient. One quick look at the trajectory and you'll know the 2RS will be had at MSRP soon enough.
+1 A friend got not one but two 3RSs at MSRP in as many weeks. In fact since the 1st one was not to his liking spec wise, he essentially just swapped that with the second one that was offered to him as it was closer to what he would have spec'ed himself.

The combination of sizable (relatively speaking) production, coupled with way too many cars sitting on dealers lots (most of which has been dealer-configured - further making them tougher to move), plus seasonal dynamics (Winter in most of the country) and the 992 has broken cover (and with that car rag stories of RS remaining NA), all this puts negative pressure on ADMs. We've seen folks snag RSs, Touring and Winged GT3 at MSRP in the last week alone...
Old 01-28-2019, 02:01 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think this forum doesn't properly represent the number of people who actually want a GT3. I don't post often and it took me months of calling, messaging, emailing (late 2017) to end up NOT getting one at MSRP. In fact, my ADM was pretty high. The conversation on this forum was the same....people posting left and right they were getting them for MSRP.

People here may be VIPs or may have purchased 28 cars from their local dealer, but many people off this forum did not. Just for fun I called 8 dealers 2 weeks ago to see if I could get a "base" GT3 on their showroom floor for MSRP. None were offered to me at MSRP and the lowest ADM was $12K. Maybe I could have bargained more, but I doubt any would get to $0 ADM.

Sure, you can get lucky sometimes as I've seen it happen here. But I know a few people still looking for GT3s (not even the RS) and they can't get them. This will be their first Porsche too. There was a Touring at the dealer I bought my GT3 for at a high ADM and I asked how much I could get it for and they said $35K ADM "for you".

So yes, while I think MSRP deals are out there, they are still very rare. I could have held out....but IMO I still wouldn't have a car.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:11 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
I think this forum doesn't properly represent the number of people who actually want a GT3. I don't post often and it took me months of calling, messaging, emailing (late 2017) to end up NOT getting one at MSRP. In fact, my ADM was pretty high. The conversation on this forum was the same....people posting left and right they were getting them for MSRP.

People here may be VIPs or may have purchased 28 cars from their local dealer, but many people off this forum did not. Just for fun I called 8 dealers 2 weeks ago to see if I could get a "base" GT3 on their showroom floor for MSRP. None were offered to me at MSRP and the lowest ADM was $12K. Maybe I could have bargained more, but I doubt any would get to $0 ADM.

Sure, you can get lucky sometimes as I've seen it happen here. But I know a few people still looking for GT3s (not even the RS) and they can't get them. This will be their first Porsche too. There was a Touring at the dealer I bought my GT3 for at a high ADM and I asked how much I could get it for and they said $35K ADM "for you".

So yes, while I think MSRP deals are out there, they are still very rare. I could have held out....but IMO I still wouldn't have a car.
It seems there are 2 main varieties of dealers:

1) ADM as per market, and you get to order a car when you want. This can be a big deal if time is more important than money...or you just want to know that you have one locked in.
2) MSRP only, and you sit on a list for ages..and may never get a car.

My dealer simply does not do "ADM". They have lists. I am not a "VIP"..so I waited 12 months and got a 2019 delivered from my build last week. I love my dealership mostly because there are no games. I did not even put a deposit down. They just trusted me. Renews some of my faith in the business!
Old 01-28-2019, 05:23 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

This is exactly my dealer as well. They do exist.

My dealer simply does not do "ADM". They have lists. I am not a "VIP"..so I waited 12 months and got a 2019 delivered from my build last week. I love my dealership mostly because there are no games. I did not even put a deposit down. They just trusted me. Renews some of my faith in the business!
Old 01-28-2019, 05:38 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I would still be waiting if I didn’t pay over....
I’m first time buyer of Porsche brand .
and i started looking in October of 17....and no car for msrp.
i guess because i live in philly area...i dont know.
some of you find for msrp...maybe u bought before maybe you live in not a very populated Porsche fans...
i dot know.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:45 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,787 Likes on 4,776 Posts

You cannot believe everything you read on the Internet. Even less on RL when it comes to ADM's for GT cars.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,799 Likes on 2,197 Posts

I'm still interested in a 991.2 GT3RS at MSRP, but have been told that no more allocations are coming. If I was offered an allocation with ADM, I'd pass.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:07 AM
urban2k
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5
I would still be waiting if I didn’t pay over....
I’m first time buyer of Porsche brand .
and i started looking in October of 17....and no car for msrp.
i guess because i live in philly area...i dont know.
some of you find for msrp...maybe u bought before maybe you live in not a very populated Porsche fans...
i dot know.
Same here. I called many dealers in CA and was unsuccesful obtaining an allocation for MSRP even thought i would trade my GT3. Unless you have significant history with a dealer, its unlikely they would consider you. The so called no-ADM dealers either have lists the size of Nebraska, or use point systems to assign cars. So yes, I paid a large ADM at a bay area dealer for my configurable allocation and am perfectly fine with that. The only reason I got my allocation is that I was willing to fork over more cash than the next person. Dumb financial move? Sure. But you only live once.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:51 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
You cannot believe everything you read on the Internet. Even less on RL when it comes to ADM's for GT cars.
Originally Posted by shamoo

you are right on. very few if any (including VIP) are buying brand new personally spec’d RS’s at msrp without an undervalued trade at best. I’m an extremely determined buyer that would go anywhere and i paid a hefty msrp for my 3RS that has yet to be delivered almost 9 months later. This RL bubble certainly does not sum up the real market place.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:50 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

^Agree

A true example..... someone local who originally paid 20k over sticker on a back-then new 2016 GT3RS (msrp was ~200k) recently tried to trade it in for his just-arrived 991.2 GT3RS (at msrp). Dealer is offering him 168K for the trade which only has 1K miles. Ouch. Personally, I'd keep the .1 3RS since it's still a 4.0 anyway and is still a tremendously high performing car. And it's still an RS, period. But it won't matter for this guy... he wants the latest & greatest and his cars just sees trips to Starbucks, etc...

Dealers know they have the leverage and a large amount of buyers (non-RL folks) still end up shelling real market values (aka ADMs).
Old 01-29-2019, 10:41 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
^Agree

A true example..... someone local who originally paid 20k over sticker on a back-then new 2016 GT3RS (msrp was ~200k) recently tried to trade it in for his just-arrived 991.2 GT3RS (at msrp). Dealer is offering him 168K for the trade which only has 1K miles. Ouch. Personally, I'd keep the .1 3RS since it's still a 4.0 anyway and is still a tremendously high performing car. And it's still an RS, period. But it won't matter for this guy... he wants the latest & greatest and his cars just sees trips to Starbucks, etc...

Dealers know they have the leverage and a large amount of buyers (non-RL folks) still end up shelling real market values (aka ADMs).
That is not s bad resale

Do not get caught up in MSRP, as in the long run most options bring ZERO dollars on resale

So a 175k base msrp car trading for 10k ish under sticker isn't bad

On 991.2, ceramics and WP may bring a few extra dollars...everything else in the long run is throwing money away...but isn't this hobby about that
Old 02-02-2019, 05:20 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

The Music is almost over for ADM
Old 02-02-2019, 06:00 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

There are 200 GT3s for sale on cargurus and 123 3RSs and 78 GT2s- I spoke to salesperson at dealer yesterday who was quite honest about the ADM on regular winged 3s- they have cars that they overpaid to get and now are stuck- one car 5 months at 20 over. Dealers NEVER want to take a hit. There is a follow the next guy syndrome- people are selling with almost no miles for whatever reason and they see the stupid asking prices on ebay etc and price accordingly even though very few cars are actually selling at inflated values. I am told the market on 3RS is now 15 over. I have seen a number of 3s at msrp used.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:49 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

There are 196 GT3/GT3RS/GT2 on the National preowned porsche website. There is an almost no option car ($146k sticker) for $149k and then they go $163k and up. 21 are PTS GT3 and one PTS GT2 (at $620k lol). Five tourings ($25k-$40k ADM, none PTS) and 54 6MT GT3 (13 PTS, most big ADM and high 190s and up, but two at low ADM, but higher MSRP — lumber21’s olive car at $4k over MSRP with almost 9k miles and the rossa corsa car at PNH at $6k over with 1700 miles —both have been for sale for a while). Some of these PTS cars have been for sale since I started doing this 6-9 months ago. Then again, back when I worked for Land Rover, the GM would have a Defender 90 sitting on the rocks out front or in the showroom to drive traffic so maybe they don’t actually want to sell them that much. One last point, the earliest GT3 cars are now 18 months old so that is undoubtly driving down prices for the early PDK cars.

Over MSRP askings on the PTS manual cars (I am too tired to do PDK too).

Quick Reply: Are GT3s with ADM moving off dealer lots?