991.2 GT3 track alignment - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by: Inside Car Connection

991.2 GT3 track alignment

Reply

Old 01-12-2018, 02:50 PM
  #46
SCCAForums
User
 
SCCAForums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 194
Default

Originally Posted by Palting View Post
I thought the numbers posted by C2spin are the factory specified alignment setting ranges?
No, he posted further down, that they used 2016 GT3 factory settings. Haven't seen any specific to the 2018's yet.

Best Regards,
Dave
SCCAForums is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:54 PM
  #47
orthojoe
Super User
 
orthojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 7,053
Default

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
No, he posted further down, that they used 2016 GT3 factory settings. Haven't seen any specific to the 2018's yet.

Best Regards,
Dave
Thanks. Curious about toe and caster settings too
orthojoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:22 PM
  #48
SCCAForums
User
 
SCCAForums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 194
Default

Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
Thanks. Curious about toe and caster settings too
My car gets aligned Monday... I'll try to post before and after as well.

Best Regards,
Dave
SCCAForums is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:55 PM
  #49
porscheflat6
User
 
porscheflat6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: In my Garage
Posts: 1,317
Default

Awesome and thanks
porscheflat6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:14 PM
  #50
Mr. Turtles
User
 
Mr. Turtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ont
Posts: 131
Default

Toe and camber from manual.
Mr. Turtles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:17 PM
  #51
Hams955
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 280
Default

My settings:



Running a little more rear toe than I did on my .1. Balance between track/street.

- Chris.
Hams955 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:31 AM
  #52
orthojoe
Super User
 
orthojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 7,053
Default

Originally Posted by Hams955
My settings:



Running a little more rear toe than I did on my .1. Balance between track/street.

- Chris.

That looks like a good setup. I assume that you used lca shims to get those numbers? Stock thrust arm bushings?

Did you see what the factory alignment was on your car?
orthojoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:41 PM
  #53
Hams955
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 280
Default

Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
That looks like a good setup. I assume that you used lca shims to get those numbers? Stock thrust arm bushings?

Did you see what the factory alignment was on your car?
Used 13mm total shims on the LCA's (inclusive of the 7mm lamp height adjuster) to get to this setting. Still has full engagement on the the threads with the hardened washers.

Used the rennline thrust arm puck that still has rubber like OEM style but a little harder than OEM spec. Not quite a full billet piece but not soft OEM either.

I do have the before settings and the after settings on the print out in the car. I will get it and scan for you. My tech who does all the GT3 setups indicated that the .2 was around -1.3 all around but all the cars he'd set up have seen higher numbers like -1.6 to -1.7 from the factory; but still within spec.

- Chris.
Hams955 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:00 PM
  #54
orthojoe
Super User
 
orthojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 7,053
Default

Thanks, man.
orthojoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:31 PM
  #55
Mvez
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mvez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,025
Default

Originally Posted by Hams955 View Post

Used the rennline thrust arm puck that still has rubber like OEM style but a little harder than OEM spec. Not quite a full billet piece but not soft OEM either.
I may have to get a pair of these little guys. I assume you just install them clocked at the same angle the thrust arm/rod attaches to the control arm so you can use the off center hole to retain 9-10ish caster? I can't remember how the stock 2-hole 997 ones were oriented.

Are washers/spacer needed?
Mvez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:47 PM
  #56
Mr. Turtles
User
 
Mr. Turtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ont
Posts: 131
Default

Just wondering if I missed something, is there an important difference between the Rennline and Tarret thrust arm bushings?
Mr. Turtles is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:51 PM
  #57
Hams955
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 280
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Turtles View Post
Just wondering if I missed something, is there an important difference between the Rennline and Tarret thrust arm bushings?
Tarett piece: http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...a01-detail.htm

Rennline piece I like to use: http://www.rennline.com/HD-Thrust-Ar...info/S-05028P/

The latter piece is a more street friendly version and won't add measurable harshness to your car. The .2 is so refined on ride I chose to use the Rennline piece over the more widely used Tarett billet piece.

- Chris.
Hams955 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:08 PM
  #58
Mvez
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mvez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 2,025
Default

Originally Posted by Hams955 View Post
Tarett piece: http://www.tarett.com/items/996-997-...a01-detail.htm

Rennline piece I like to use: http://www.rennline.com/HD-Thrust-Ar...info/S-05028P/

The latter piece is a more street friendly version and won't add measurable harshness to your car. The .2 is so refined on ride I chose to use the Rennline piece over the more widely used Tarett billet piece.

- Chris.
Can you let me know how your oriented the bushings in the control arms (and if they required the spacers). I assume you positioned the eccentric hole angled toward the thrust arm (running in the same angle), so that it would actually pull caster out?

So basically opposite of 997 GT3 arms that had the offset hole positioned away to increase caster for the cup cars (or the equivalent of if you swapped left to right sides).
Mvez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:24 PM
  #59
Hams955
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 280
Default

Originally Posted by Mvez View Post
Can you let me know how your oriented the bushings in the control arms (and if they required the spacers). I assume you positioned the eccentric hole angled toward the thrust arm (running in the same angle), so that it would actually pull caster out?

So basically opposite of 997 GT3 arms that had the offset hole positioned away to increase caster for the cup cars (or the equivalent of if you swapped left to right sides).
Check your inbox sir.

- Chris.
Hams955 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:25 PM
  #60
Hams955
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 280
Default

I was visiting with my tech today as we are installing an Akrapovic race setup on my car with headers. We looked up the PET for the specs on alignment for the '18 model.

Their alignment machine has not updated with '18 settings yet but the PET has them listed:



Kind regards,

Chris.
Hams955 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
nav991.2gts
991
39
08-21-2017 01:32 AM
fanboy01
991 Turbo
9
06-23-2017 01:57 AM
Buteo
GT4
36
01-20-2017 08:38 AM
Drifting
991
25
11-28-2016 10:12 AM
Drifting
991
5
10-15-2016 01:03 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: