3.03%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.54%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.05%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.58%
Voters: 727. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 01:06 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
where will you buy the stripes?
Originally Posted by Oldmxnut

Haven't decided. Working with a local detailer guy here and chasing samples this month. Any ideas ?
Why not get them from NS2 as well?
Old 01-26-2018, 02:34 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
A little birdie told me that deviated stitching is now available on Touring. But I still don't see it on the configurator.
Option # 34 'Touring Package Interior in Black Leather with Contrasting Stitching' in Red which is in my car and was ordered in November last year (Canada).
Old 01-26-2018, 02:43 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Chalk has beige undertones that will make it difficult to use the color on the original Sport Classic decal. Probably safer to just do the stripes on the doors in an alternative color that doesn’t fight with beige. Maybe you’ve done that here but if you have, it’s likely a different light gray than the one used on the 997.
Yes, Chalk is a very interesting color. We created a "lighter" shade of Chalk in vinyl before for 911 R style side stripes, and it was certainly no easy task. Depending on the lighting, the paint gives off very different hues, which is hard to accomplish with vinyl. You are correct in saying the 997 SC stripe color would probably not bode well on Chalk, so an alternative is needed.

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
T
Haven't decided. Working with a local detailer guy here and chasing samples this month. Any ideas ?
Originally Posted by GT3
Why not get them from NS2 as well?
We can produce the files for the stripes to email to the installer, the color match will be the difficult part, however. I would recommend having several custom samples printed by your detail guy, and matching them to Chalk paint samples either from a real car or spray out, until you have a contrast that you are satisfied with. This way there are no surprises when the actual vinyl is installed on the vehicle.

Of course if any issues arise we can try our best on our end to produce a decent contrast, and cut/ship the vinyl to your location, but this may not be as accurate.
Old 01-26-2018, 03:58 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
A little birdie told me that deviated stitching is now available on Touring. But I still don't see it on the configurator.
Confirmed now live in Configurator (USA)....

"Interior Trim Package with Decorative Stitching and Embroidery in Deviated Thread" under Interior Leather now works in combination with Touring Package. Previously upon trying to select it, it would automatically deselect Touring Package. Now it doesn't.

This is something Yana had said may likely be coming soon and now it appears to be so.

Funny thing is, as much as I wanted it when it wasn't available, now I'm not so jazzed about it on Touring Pkg.... maybe it's just that they don't offer any other colors I really want. They don't have any blues at all. Three greys (GT Silver, Pebble, and Chalk), which all look fairly similar to Platinum Grey that is standard on non-Touring GT3s; 3 browns; Bordeaux Red, Acid Green, Racing Yellow, Lava Orange, Cream, and Black (which is already standard anyway).

Is it just me, or are these color selections a bit lacking and over-redundant (no pun intended)?

I suppose if you were to get a Lava Orange GT3 Touring, the lava orange stitching could be nifty. Same for Racing Yellow. And course, Racing Yellow stitching seems a perennial favorite for folks who want something a little different and to compliment PCCB brakes. The grey/white thread choices all seem so similar to standard GT3 platinum grey thread that it seems like you'd be paying $3,500 to make your GT3 Touring LESS distinctive.

Cream doesn't make much sense on black leather, but would look nice against brown leathers. But getting brown leathers requires CXX leather options on each interior panel item by item, in which case you can select custom stitching on those parts anyway as part of the price of those items.

I suppose Acid Green would be good for anyone picking a bright green exterior PTS color (Gelggrun, Birch, etc.), though I doubt there will be many if any who do a Touring in one of those colors.

I just wish they offered some medium to light blue stitching color, but alas, no.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:02 PM
SKY57
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One good thing about this option is for non-touring cars, you can get rid of the LWBS center stripe if you choose deviated stitching.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:16 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
One good thing about this option is for non-touring cars, you can get rid of the LWBS center stripe if you choose deviated stitching.
True, but my response was in the context of what this option now being available on Touring cars means. For standard GT3 cars without Touring Package, I think it's a very attractive option, both for the color options if offers given that more regular GT3 cars will likely be in more flamboyant colors for which stitching colors like Acid Green, Lava Orange, and Racing Yellow will be desirable, but yes, also for the effect choosing this option has in removing the silver stripes from the Alcantara seat centers that many have lamented.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:01 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Exactly, they need a Blue or two. Or at least give one color unique to the Touring. Better than nothing though.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:06 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SKY57
IMO the fact that it does that makes it pretty much a mandatory option for wingy GT3s - I really don’t know what they were thinking with that seat stripe.

I don’t think I would have ordered deviated stitching on my Touring order, but I find it so strange that it originally wasn’t available and now has become available- what drives these decisions you wonder? Porsche really is quite an opaque company when it comes to ordering and selecting options.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:36 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman

IMO the fact that it does that makes it pretty much a mandatory option for wingy GT3s - I really don’t know what they were thinking with that seat stripe.

I don’t think I would have ordered deviated stitching on my Touring order, but I find it so strange that it originally wasn’t available and now has become available- what drives these decisions you wonder? Porsche really is quite an opaque company when it comes to ordering and selecting options.
Actually the first few days the configurator went live with Tour Pkg option, deviated stitch was available. My first build had included it, but by the time the dealer submitted it to PAG my build froze and stitch was deleted.

Later in Oct when speaking with Exclusive Manufakture they strongly hinted Q1 would see deviated stitch back on the Touring config.. and so it is!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:50 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

So I happen to be going with a Lava Orange touring, should I do Lava orange stitching ? or I'm thinking GT Silver stitching w/ Silver seatbelts.

It locks this weekend I think.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:59 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
So I happen to be going with a Lava Orange touring, should I do Lava orange stitching ? or I'm thinking GT Silver stitching w/ Silver seatbelts.

It locks this weekend I think.
With Lava Orange exterior, I would consider Lava Orange stitching and keep black belts. The GT Silver stitching will probably look too similar to the free Platinum stitching on the wing GT3, and not worth the cost.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:09 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Are you going with the chrome exterior trim?

Please say yes as I think that will be stunning. I am sort of kicking myself for getting A1 black as opposed to Miami or lava with the chrome trim.

Personally, I would do GT Silver deviated stitching if you are going with chrome for that retro look. If you are going touring in black, I would do lava stitching and, of course, the stock black stitching would look good too.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:29 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

I'm not, I don't like the chrome trim enough to go with it. I liked it on the black social media photo but I haven't really found another color I think it looks good on.

So yeah I'm doing a lava touring car with black exterior trim and satin aluminum wheels. I was thinking it was be schemed similar to my UV RS, the grey stitching and seatbelts go really well with UV and the satin aluminum wheels.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:48 PM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Confirmed now live in Configurator (USA)....

"Interior Trim Package with Decorative Stitching and Embroidery in Deviated Thread" under Interior Leather now works in combination with Touring Package. Previously upon trying to select it, it would automatically deselect Touring Package. Now it doesn't.

This is something Yana had said may likely be coming soon and now it appears to be so.

Funny thing is, as much as I wanted it when it wasn't available, now I'm not so jazzed about it on Touring Pkg.... maybe it's just that they don't offer any other colors I really want. They don't have any blues at all. Three greys (GT Silver, Pebble, and Chalk), which all look fairly similar to Platinum Grey that is standard on non-Touring GT3s; 3 browns; Bordeaux Red, Acid Green, Racing Yellow, Lava Orange, Cream, and Black (which is already standard anyway).

Is it just me, or are these color selections a bit lacking and over-redundant (no pun intended)?

I suppose if you were to get a Lava Orange GT3 Touring, the lava orange stitching could be nifty. Same for Racing Yellow. And course, Racing Yellow stitching seems a perennial favorite for folks who want something a little different and to compliment PCCB brakes. The grey/white thread choices all seem so similar to standard GT3 platinum grey thread that it seems like you'd be paying $3,500 to make your GT3 Touring LESS distinctive.

Cream doesn't make much sense on black leather, but would look nice against brown leathers. But getting brown leathers requires CXX leather options on each interior panel item by item, in which case you can select custom stitching on those parts anyway as part of the price of those items.

I suppose Acid Green would be good for anyone picking a bright green exterior PTS color (Gelggrun, Birch, etc.), though I doubt there will be many if any who do a Touring in one of those colors.

I just wish they offered some medium to light blue stitching color, but alas, no.

I have Pepita seat inserts in my touring build, going back and forth on the stitching. Some voice in my head is constantly bugging me how on earth you could spend 3000 Euro on it. On the other hand I love the look of the R and I am sure I gonna miss it if I don't do it. But never saw GT Silver, Chalk or pebbly grey in person or on photos. Any advice?
Old 01-26-2018, 11:55 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I'm not, I don't like the chrome trim enough to go with it. I liked it on the black social media photo but I haven't really found another color I think it looks good on.

So yeah I'm doing a lava touring car with black exterior trim and satin aluminum wheels. I was thinking it was be schemed similar to my UV RS, the grey stitching and seatbelts go really well with UV and the satin aluminum wheels.
That should look very nice.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..