Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: GT3 Touring Colour (Ordered or Delivered) Vote if locked in
Black/JetBlack
66
13.72%
White/Carrara White
35
7.28%
Guards Red
15
3.12%
Yellow
6
1.25%
Graphite Blue
28
5.82%
Rhodium
5
1.04%
Sapphire Blue
20
4.16%
Agate Grey
30
6.24%
GT Silver
82
17.05%
Carmine Red
14
2.91%
Chalk/ Crayon
43
8.94%
Lava Orange
2
0.42%
Miami Blue
17
3.53%
PTS - Bright Colour
15
3.12%
PTS - Dark Colour
25
5.20%
PTS - Classic Vintage
78
16.22%
Voters: 481. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

 
Old 01-10-2018, 01:54 AM
  #241  
sampelligrino
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sampelligrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,222
Default

Congrats on the new Touring pack, looks great. IMO honestly I like the black lettering to match the other black bits and I like the silver trim so maybe you got the best of both worlds You'll have the 1 of 1 Touring pack Black AND Silver. But if it bothers you I am sure Porsche will fix it
sampelligrino is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 AM
  #242  
GT3 KSA
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
GT3 KSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,333
Default

Originally Posted by Chris88
very interesting note: the "Porsche" on the rear bumper should be in Silver letters. As you can see, the letters are Black
You can tell them this, they can order you the letters in Silver and when it comes they can install it for you for free.

Congrats looks great! This confirms that chalk with silver trim silver wheels ans base xenons will also look awesome
GT3 KSA is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 06:04 AM
  #243  
928cs
Super User
 
928cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Mans, France
Posts: 2,397
Default

Nice car, Chris.

I wouldn't touch the black Porsche script letters. I think that they are nicer than silver on this white car.
Also, this is funny to see such a mistake.
928cs is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 06:06 AM
  #244  
Bardman
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,507
Default

Originally Posted by Chris88 View Post
Here's my touring before the PDI. First of all, I absolutely love it. I had my doubts about White, after seeing how great the touring looks in dark colors with the Silver trim. It amazes me how much better it looks in person. One very interesting note: the "Porsche" on the rear bumper should be in Silver letters. As you can see, the letters are Black. Everything else is Silver (window trim, exhaust tips, and headlight washer nipples). Not sure what I'm going to do at this point. The dealer cannot do clear bra for over a week, so I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon and will have it done at an independent shop. More photos after pickup.
Congrats dude, looks awesome! I find it bizarre that it left the factory with the wrong colour lettering on the back. IMO I would definitely get them to change it, as silver here helps to tie the look all together. If not getting my PTS colour I would be going white for sure!
Bardman is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 08:02 AM
  #245  
jlee504
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jlee504's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,874
Default

Chris congrats! First touring in the us?

Weird on the letters but easy enough to fix. What wheels are those? Standard?
jlee504 is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 08:39 AM
  #246  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,183
Default

Simple- If you are doing the whole car with PPF the lettering has to come off any way. Have them send you the ones in Chrome. I think it will look better and more unique in Chrome
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 08:46 AM
  #247  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 4,526
Default

Congrats!

I would look at the black letters as an “error” coin/stamp/baseball card. You have pictures of them on pre-PDI and they look good against the white, makes the car’s story that much more interesting.

evilfij is online now  
Old 01-10-2018, 10:58 AM
  #248  
Chris88
User
 
Chris88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 434
Default

Thanks guys, appreciate all the positive feedback on the car. At this point, I think I'll leave the Black letters, as it does go well with the Black grill, plus I sort of like the idea of the “error” coin/stamp/baseball card idea. Should also go better with the Black license plate I ordered.

Not sure if my touring is the first one in the US, but I do know it was the first one built for NA, and most likely the first one on the West Coast. Maybe that explains the screw up with the PORSCHE lettering.

Picking it up this afternoon and driving from the East Bay over the San Francisco Bay Bridge. Should be a great first drive.
Chris88 is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 11:09 AM
  #249  
_fletch
User
 
_fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 448
Default

Originally Posted by Chris88 View Post
Thanks guys, appreciate all the positive feedback on the car. At this point, I think I'll leave the Black letters, as it does go well with the Black grill, plus I sort of like the idea of the “error” coin/stamp/baseball card idea. Should also go better with the Black license plate I ordered.

Not sure if my touring is the first one in the US, but I do know it was the first one built for NA, and most likely the first one on the West Coast. Maybe that explains the screw up with the PORSCHE lettering.

Picking it up this afternoon and driving from the East Bay over the San Francisco Bay Bridge. Should be a great first drive.
Good for you, however at the very least I would make Porsche send you the letters in silver so you can have them if you ever change your mind, or to pass along if/when you sell the car. I'm pretty sure they must be more that a little embarrassed by such a clanger of a mistake!

BTW - if you get a chance can you please post some more pics of your car? Mine is almost identical spec arriving in March hopefully. Particularly interested in the headlights and the interior options you chose Oh, and congratulations!
_fletch is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 11:17 AM
  #250  
hf1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
hf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 4,833
Default

Congrats on the new Touring. Looks hot! And more pics, of course!
hf1 is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 11:30 AM
  #251  
tasman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tasman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 3,231
Default

Congrats. Looks great
tasman is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 12:34 PM
  #252  
Archimedes
Super User
 
Archimedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 8,514
Default

The white looks great. The lettering thing is funny. I agree with the earlier poster that I'd make them send you the silver letters, just in case you ever want to change it.
Archimedes is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 12:43 PM
  #253  
Chris88
User
 
Chris88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 434
Default

Originally Posted by _fletch View Post
Good for you, however at the very least I would make Porsche send you the letters in silver so you can have them if you ever change your mind, or to pass along if/when you sell the car. I'm pretty sure they must be more that a little embarrassed by such a clanger of a mistake!

BTW - if you get a chance can you please post some more pics of your car? Mine is almost identical spec arriving in March hopefully. Particularly interested in the headlights and the interior options you chose Oh, and congratulations!
Good idea on the Silver letters. I'll request them. This is not the biggest mistake I've seen Porsche make. I saw a 911R with "GT3RS" embroidered on the seats. I heard the owner was furious.

Will definitely get more pictures today after pickup, both inside and out.

Also, FWIW, for all of you guys waiting on your cars, just try to be patient. My wait had some very frustrating times between sitting at the Emden port for a month, my ship seemingly on a milk run with numerous stops, then not knowing how long the CARB certification would take. I know it's a cliche, but it is definitely worth the wait.
Chris88 is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 02:57 PM
  #254  
brownan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
brownan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 875
Default

That white looks great. Agree that PORSCHE should be ideally Silver v Black. Frankly, I'd like it to say "Touring". I thought I remembered there is a custom Porsche script place on the Interwebs. Did a search and found it. Have a look at this place...they could whip one up.

http://www.nameyourporsche.com
brownan is offline  
Old 01-10-2018, 03:01 PM
  #255  
_fletch
User
 
_fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 448
Default

Originally Posted by brownan View Post
That white looks great. Agree that PORSCHE should be ideally Silver v Black. Frankly, I'd like it to say "Touring". I thought I remembered there is a custom Porsche script place on the Interwebs. Did a search and found it. Have a look at this place...they could whip one up.

http://www.nameyourporsche.com
OMFG 600 euros!!! I am going to have to start a new business selling customized Porsche headlight nipples.
_fletch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: