3.10%
PTS - Bright Colour
4.45%
PTS - Dark Colour
6.20%
PTS - Classic Vintage
14.29%
Voters: 742. You may not vote on this poll

The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:44 AM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by localmotion411

This sucks and I hate it happened. I’m OCD also. My car is due in Nov with a lot of deviated stitching including the vents. I am worried that even though I have pestered the ever loving crap out of my SA, there might still be issues with stitching not matching.
At the end of the day it comes down to how well your SA has communicated and detailed the build in the system. My issue is I didn’t do what you did and pester. I probably should have. I lost my PTS slot due to stop sale and had to quickly re-spec the car with my backup color. At that point I just let it be and never asked. Rightfully so, I just assumed it was ok.

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Mr. Vanos: Congrats on your new baby, and on your new GT3.

Your car is beautiful. I didn't read your post but saw your pictures and thought you did this on purpose for a less busy look. It goes perfectly, but I hear you regarding OCD...

Do you have your CXX build sheet? (If you don't, ask your sales rep to see it.)
It should specify the color of the thread for the leather air vents. If it does, you have no worries. However, if it specifies black stitching, well then it's not Porsche's problem but rather your dealer's.

While all this gets worked out, give Frank at Exclusive Option a call to discuss replacement cost and work involved.
Best of luck!
Thank you sir! On its own it looks fine but when i put up a photo of what it should look like next to it my brain immediately reverts to my original order.

I have my build sheet snd honestly I already know where the mistake happened. My SA forgot to add lava stitching to the notes field on the CXX vent option. I just didn’t want to come out saying that. Mistakes happen but it’s a big dealership and they should have known better. Porsche has pretty much told them go pound sand but I’m hopefully the dealer will fix it and they’ve already shared with me their plan. But the system is just flawed. Seriously nobody from Porsche could have contacted the dealer and just confirmed “We see all stitching is lava but did you really mean to not order lava stitch on the leather vents?”. Especially when I’m sure this mistake happens more often than it needs to. I bet most cutomers just accept it and forget it.

I actually did speak to Frank @ Exclusiv Option before I even took delivery of the car as I was told about the issue in advance. Great guy btw. Net-net it’s $1800 with a core swap and they re-use my painted vents. No huge deal. I passed the info to my SA but I would prefer for obvious reasons it’s fixed through OE parts. Spend $200k on a car we should have some expectations

Originally Posted by evilfij
Why Porsche does not allow Porsche codes to include notes from the consumer configurator is beyond me. It creates an error and they don’t transfer over so even if you know, dealer has to code it in.

Anyway, good luck to those with issues and that they get resolved. If I get a speedster allocation (fingers cross I am high on the list), I am going all in on the interior because to be it is either maxed out leather to sample with natural leather or give me the rubber dash.
Exactly! I know you and I have had an offline discussion about that. They need to revamp the system and FORCE the SA to enter a choice for certain options just to make sure it’s not forgotten.

Good luck with the Speedster!

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Mr Vanos - congrats on the family expansion aswell as the fantastic looking car. I agree with some above that color wise - the black stiching works but I do understand your standpoint about not having any other black stiching.

My question: Did you spec the alcantara sun visors in the "normal order"? When I did this in the configurator it worked but when building the car with the SA, it blocked and said they can't be combined with the Touring package... Strange but I went with plastic visors, of course. But apparentely, there are Tourings with alcantara visors
Thank you Erik. Yes I spec’d the sun visors in the build. I wasn’t aware there was a timing issue with Touring so I guess I got lucky there. The alcantara visors are one of those things that you don’t really appreciate until you have them. My GTS doesn’t have them and now it’s annoying when I look at them against the alcantara headliner. Again I blame my OCD (drives my wife crazy). But like you said they’re an easy swap and you can probably get the Euro versions and avoid getting the ugly airbag stickers at the same time.

Old 07-26-2018, 10:52 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Frankly, the entire system is asinine. It is both underinusive (insofar as there are things you can get via CXX which are regular options on other models and the cost is the same e.g. vents and slats in leather) and overly complicated (why is the default not that the stitching is universal throughout the car — I get someone might want black on a vent of steering column — but that would be a minority choice). On the plus side, the descriptions on the configurator have gotten much more accurate and there are a lot less configurator errors than before.
That's really idiotic. Much easier and less error-prone to just assume uniformity of the ONE chosen stiching color across the whole interior and allow for specifying the rare exceptions, than the way they have it now where you have to explicitly state the stiching color at each individual section, as if most people would spec rainbow stiching all over the interior.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:55 AM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 95 Posts

I ordered stickerless alcantara visors from Suncoast for my incoming car rather than spec them in the build.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:12 AM
carrerafanboy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered stickerless alcantara visors from Suncoast for my incoming car rather than spec them in the build.
Same. I've used rubbing alcohol to remove them from the vinyl sun visors on two of my Pcars, but figured it'd be harder to do on Alcantara.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:48 PM
TBC63
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I did as well. Got notification they arrived today.
I now have key ring, shift **** and visors in house. Will get stickers in soon for PDLS lights outer trim and side scripts etc. Helps pass the time waiting for the car!
Old 07-26-2018, 04:01 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 290 Likes on 118 Posts

I plan on Alcatara visors as well no stickers $1200 we should have put together a RL buying group for a reasonable discount ... oh well cheers
Old 07-26-2018, 04:33 PM
TBC63
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos

Thank you and thank you. It will eventually get resolved but not counting on anything happening quick. I’m actually meeting with my Area Exclusive Manufaktur Manager tomorrow to go over the 3RS. I’ll see if he can push some buttons.

I don’t disagree and I’ve contemplated leaving it as-is, but my OCD sees black and orange stitching together and It looks out of place when there’s no other black stitching in the car.
Great spec! Love the white dials and how they tie into the white / black HT seat cushions.
My OCD would require the orange stitching too. Hope it will get sorted out soon eventually and be a distant memory for you. I just pinged my SA and triple checked all the GT Silver stitching was correct. I did painted slats too - GT Silver.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:58 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
I plan on Alcatara visors as well no stickers $1200 we should have put together a RL buying group for a reasonable discount ... oh well cheers
I removed the stickers from Alcantara visors with isopropyl alcohol, no problem.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:05 PM
hellboy_mcqueen
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33

I removed the stickers from Alcantara visors with isopropyl alcohol, no problem.
Any residue left?
Old 07-26-2018, 07:24 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by FelisMalicious

Any residue left?
No sticky residue, just a faint texture difference where the sticker was that I don’t notice in the car at all. Will snap a pic.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:37 PM
bluehorseshoe
Rennlist Member

Received 446 Likes on 180 Posts

The alcantara visors have the giant warming labels on them that I don't think can be removed without ruining them. Almost better to get them aftermarket because they will be void of any warning labels.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:13 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TBC63
Great spec! Love the white dials and how they tie into the white / black HT seat cushions.
My OCD would require the orange stitching too. Hope it will get sorted out soon eventually and be a distant memory for you. I just pinged my SA and triple checked all the GT Silver stitching was correct. I did painted slats too - GT Silver.
I’m sure it will get sorted out eventually. If anything comes out of this at least I can create some awareness and make sure others avoid running into the same problem.

Yes the white dials are actually much more sporty elegant and complementary than I expected!
Old 07-26-2018, 09:30 PM
MrAryan
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishAndy

It's a bit convoluted. Feel free to PM me. I may end up putting together a thread on this...
can't send PMs since I'm new user I guess...

I asked the dealer to have "GT3 touring" on my door sills with their GT3 font, They asked me for the font name! They said they use Microsoft fonts! And that font is not available.
so I looked around for any info, and ended up seeing people doing logos and drawing. So I asked a friend who's a designer to draw me the writing which he did and provided me with all the formats possible.
again the dealer rejected it. Said we can't do drawing!
the sales lady showed me their order screen. It had like box left and right to write in them what u need on the left/right door sills.
below that it asks you to choose the font..
I didn't see any box for uploading a logo or drawing there.
I only have 2 days to finalize it, otherwise my car production will be postponed
Old 07-26-2018, 09:43 PM
mafoofan
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MrAryan
can't send PMs since I'm new user I guess...

I asked the dealer to have "GT3 touring" on my door sills with their GT3 font, They asked me for the font name! They said they use Microsoft fonts! And that font is not available.
so I looked around for any info, and ended up seeing people doing logos and drawing. So I asked a friend who's a designer to draw me the writing which he did and provided me with all the formats possible.
again the dealer rejected it. Said we can't do drawing!
the sales lady showed me their order screen. It had like box left and right to write in them what u need on the left/right door sills.
below that it asks you to choose the font..
I didn't see any box for uploading a logo or drawing there.
I only have 2 days to finalize it, otherwise my car production will be postponed
You've got to reach out to the Porsxhe Exclusive team directly to handle. I worked with Thuy--she was great.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:22 PM
MrAryan
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mafoofan

You've got to reach out to the Porsxhe Exclusive team directly to handle. I worked with Thuy--she was great.
can I have her email? Contact or anything ?

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL GT3 Touring owners pictures thread..