Sponsored by:

Everything you want to know about European Delivery - Almost

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 11:35 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,015 Posts
Default Everything you want to know about European Delivery - Almost

Hi guys. I don't normally hang out in this forum but just started following the topics because I REALLY want a GT3 someday. I've gotten a number of questions on the ED program so I wanted to share some insights since I have done two European Deliveries with Porsche in the past 4 years. A 2014 981 Boxster S in Stuttgart where I did the standard 7 country trip through the Alps including Stelvio and then did a unique trip in a 2018 911 C4 out of Leipzig - 13 countries and drove all the way to Romania to hit the Transfagarsan highway. Stuttgart was an individual delivery and Leipzig was a group delivery which Porsche just started doing in 2016. The below video covers the programmatic details. I also have included a link below of ED documents including insurance coverage (i.e which countries it is valid in) and cost and location of other drop off points across Europe.

(P.S. For some reason, the video starts off at random points in the sequence....just rewind it)

https://rennlist.com/forums/european...-delivery.html

BTW - You GT3 drivers have some friggin awesome garages!
Old 12-01-2017, 12:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 761 Posts

Nice explanatory video.

Couple of comments that may be useful for others;
We put over 6000 miles on two Euro deliver Porsche’s in 2015 and 2016.
No issues, nobody seemed to care.

Did the offset front plate, no issues.
luggage, bought a custom fit suitcase the fits perfectly in the frunk. Nice for in the us as well.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:18 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,154 Likes on 469 Posts

Thanks for the post. I’ve done this several times. Although my recent ED was a bit odd, it’s a truly amazing experience and highly recommend it. One caveat...don’t do ED to drive into big cities; you’ll waste a lot of time and be frustrated by parking issues. However, if plans are for mountain passes, off the beaten path travels then 100% do this!
Old 12-05-2017, 08:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts
Default PFF in Leipzig Pricing.

Thought i'd add a data point.. contacted the PFF place close to the factory in Leipzig, and received quotes which were significantly higher than what I had expected based on what I'd read on rennlist.. these are very much bay area prices, and when accounting for exchange rate.. maybe a little more than we pay here. The note in it's entirety is here:

"the Price for the Front Package is 2200,00 € inkl. VAT (Full Hood, Fender, Mirror Kit, Front Bumper), the Price of the complete Car is 5950,00 € inkl. VAT. For the Front we need 2 days, for the complete car 5 days. We use XPEL Kits, so we don´t take any cut on the paint. This is not possible with Suntek. And the guarantee against "yellowing" is 10 years and the material has a very brilliant surface and a high transparency. Tell me what you want. You can have more information about the material if you go to www.xpel.com."
www.platinum-wrapping-film.de

They are not able to pick the car up and redeposit it at Porsche, which poses the issue of how to get the work done before arriving.. i'll ask my ED contact about this to see if there are workarounds.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ or; I had a race shop close to the Ring slap some clear bra on all the important areas for 300Euro.
it looked like **** but that’s what I asked for.

Then I did paint correction and a new full wrap when the car came home.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:01 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ or; I had a race shop close to the Ring slap some clear bra on all the important areas for 300Euro.
it looked like **** but that’s what I asked for.

Then I did paint correction and a new full wrap when the car came home.
wedding, honeymoon.. 3 months in europe, tough proposition but thanks for the suggestion.

i'm more poseur than race driver man... not to say i would drive to starbucks but something inside me still needs things to look decent... especially in special occasions. i may just go bareback.. or just have the front done and find a way to waste 2 days.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:02 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 577 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Thought i'd add a data point.. contacted the PFF place close to the factory in Leipzig, and received quotes which were significantly higher than what I had expected based on what I'd read on rennlist.. these are very much bay area prices, and when accounting for exchange rate.. maybe a little more than we pay here. The note in it's entirety is here:

"the Price for the Front Package is 2200,00 € inkl. VAT (Full Hood, Fender, Mirror Kit, Front Bumper), the Price of the complete Car is 5950,00 € inkl. VAT. For the Front we need 2 days, for the complete car 5 days. We use XPEL Kits, so we don´t take any cut on the paint. This is not possible with Suntek. And the guarantee against "yellowing" is 10 years and the material has a very brilliant surface and a high transparency. Tell me what you want. You can have more information about the material if you go to www.xpel.com."
www.platinum-wrapping-film.de

They are not able to pick the car up and redeposit it at Porsche, which poses the issue of how to get the work done before arriving.. i'll ask my ED contact about this to see if there are workarounds.
Get some of this and wrap it when you pick up car (do hood, front bumper, mirrors) and go enjoy driving around. That's my plan. I don't want to lose a day of driving while my car is getting its condom wrapper on. Life is too short.....

Old 12-05-2017, 09:13 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
Get some of this and wrap it when you pick up car (do hood, front bumper, mirrors) and go enjoy driving around. That's my plan. I don't want to lose a day of driving while my car is getting its condom wrapper on. Life is too short.....

you know what.. i thoughts about it, you and TRAKCAR are right.. i'll just do this for the long trips like down to Geneva auto show and CERN meeting, and take if off when i arrive in italy. i'm done worrying about these silly details.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:13 PM
sgnl05
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Hi guys. I don't normally hang out in this forum but just started following the topics because I REALLY want a GT3 someday. I've gotten a number of questions on the ED program so I wanted to share some insights since I have done two European Deliveries with Porsche in the past 4 years. A 2014 981 Boxster S in Stuttgart where I did the standard 7 country trip through the Alps including Stelvio and then did a unique trip in a 2018 911 C4 out of Leipzig - 13 countries and drove all the way to Romania to hit the Transfagarsan highway. Stuttgart was an individual delivery and Leipzig was a group delivery which Porsche just started doing in 2016. The below video covers the programmatic details. I also have included a link below of ED documents including insurance coverage (i.e which countries it is valid in) and cost and location of other drop off points across Europe.

(P.S. For some reason, the video starts off at random points in the sequence....just rewind it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL23xqsj_88&t=01s

https://rennlist.com/forums/european...-delivery.html

BTW - You GT3 drivers have some friggin awesome garages!
FYI: Removing the "&t=01s" from the YouTube link should fix it.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

wedding, honeymoon.. 3 months in europe, tough proposition but thanks for the suggestion.

i'm more poseur than race driver man... not to say i would drive to starbucks but something inside me still needs things to look decent... especially in special occasions. i may just go bareback.. or just have the front done and find a way to waste 2 days.
OK, a little more detail.

i was quoted 300, but they wouldn’t charge me because it looked like crap. Even after I said it’s fine. Germans..
So, I say in on day you can do all you’re worried about for less then 1000 and if you organize drop it at 3PM and pick it up at 9 AM.
I did it that way twice, one to add bra and track pads etc and once to take it off detail car and put all stock stuff back with new rotors.
didnt cost me any day..if it cost me days let alone on honeymoon forget it, not worth losing two days!
Old 12-05-2017, 09:21 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,359 Likes on 828 Posts

delete

Last edited by ExMB; 12-05-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:17 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

you know what.. i thoughts about it, you and TRAKCAR are right.. i'll just do this for the long trips like down to Geneva auto show and CERN meeting, and take if off when i arrive in italy. i'm done worrying about these silly details.

wait...what "CERN meeting"?? As in LHC CERN??
tell me more!
Old 12-05-2017, 11:05 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
wait...what "CERN meeting"?? As in LHC CERN??
tell me more!
I have manufactured a really large & high powered magnifying glass, and they’re asking me to use it to help them look for some antimatter particle they lost under a testbench or something.. I’ve got two days to do it, maybe I can find PFF shop close to there?
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2017, 11:30 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

I have manufactured a really large & high powered magnifying glass, and they €™re asking me to use it to help them look for some antimatter particle they lost under a testbench or something.. I €™ve got two days to do it, maybe I can find PFF shop close to there?

god damn im jealous! if you find that new particle, may I suggest the name "Preuninger particle"?
unlike the Higgs boson, the "Preuninger particle" has spin

Old 12-05-2017, 11:44 PM
datapath
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Awesome CERN LHR documentary

(s/LHR/LHC/)
OT, but if you are interested in the LHC and the hunt for the Higgs Boson, I highly recommend this terrific documentary: Particle Fever. Here's the trailer:

Quick Reply: Everything you want to know about European Delivery - Almost