Sponsored by:

Does Bose Matter in a GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 08:35 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by ajw45
Certainly YMMV but I like my light up door sills way more than I could have imagined. Seems silly but my garage is dark and I see them everytime I get in the car...

I would go Bose.
Hey now!! STOP THAT!!

We're talking about Bose here. Don't sell me on the door sills!!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I've got enough info here to make my decision. For me, it's really a matter of whether it's tangibly different and whether I'm getting any value for the money spent. I broke down and added the Light Design Package. I'm fairly certain it's $5 worth of strategically placed LED's at 10,000% markup but it's something I think I'll enjoy having.

With Bose, if I were getting a base model Carrera, I'd almost certainly order it. I expect if I rode in a car with it and one without it I'd hear the difference and Bose would obviously be nicer. My question is really about whether it makes a lick of difference in a GT3 where the exhaust is louder and the car has less sound deadening. If those things made the difference irrelevant, then there's no value for the money spent so I'd just as soon not spend it.

It seems I've got my answer though. As I said... I'm not an audiophile by any definition. There's ZERO chance I'll ever even consider doing aftermarket speaker upgrades or any such thing. So if it's noticeably better, then it's probably worth getting for me.

And hey... if I get close to my lock date and the price is really bothering me... I can always remove the Light Design Package to soften the blow.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:41 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

I use these in my RS when doing longer trips.
Downside: Makes you look a bit silly but you can communicate using your phone without the other person even know that you are out on a drive.

There are a lot of other options like noise cancelling in ear phones (from Bose for instance).

Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Downside: Makes you look a bit silly but you can communicate using your phone without the other person even know that you are out on a drive.

There are a lot of other options like noise cancelling in ear phones (from Bose for instance).
See... I'm definitely not going to do any of that. I'm not gonna go searching for a better way to listen to music. If the car is so loud that I need to yell at the steering wheel to make a phone call (which I rarely do anyway) then I'm just going to yell at the steering wheel.

If the sound system is terrible and I still want to listen to music, I'm going to listen to music through a terrible sound system.

So if it's tangibly better to get Bose then it's worth it because that's all I'm ever going to use. I'm not going to try to improve on it.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:52 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by shizzle
i'm going with Bose. the trip from toronto to mid-ohio is soul-robbing, so anything to break up the monotony is worth it in my book. I highly doubt I'll notice the extra few pounds on track.
Agreed.
We drive to Mid Ohio, WGI, CMP, so that 3-6 hour drive sometimes gets dull unless we take the back roads. Having the Bose helps the time pass and I always have music playing in the background. My 997.2 GT3 had the base system, it was awful. Never again.

I ordered the Bose on the new car.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Kobalt

I have a similar pair but I use it so I do not have to listen to my Wife .. PS- She right next to me right now so glad she is not watching me
Old 11-22-2017, 12:31 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have a similar pair but I use it so I do not have to listen to my Wife .. PS- She right next to me right now so glad she is not watching me

LOL
Old 11-22-2017, 01:29 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

crazy maybe but here It s not legal because you cant hear others car/traffic/pedestrians around you
Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
crazy maybe but here It s not legal because you cant hear others car/traffic/pedestrians around you
Not crazy! That should be law everywhere..a distracted driver crashed into me a few years ago, wearing headphones like these... @ 120+KPH.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:49 PM
AlvinHuyN
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I will say that when I was looking for a .1 GT3 one of the must haves was Sound Package Plus. I like my sound both with exhaust and with the sound system so I would do it if I were you. It’s not overkill like the Burmester (which is outrageously priced and not worth the $ - had it in my turbo).
Old 11-22-2017, 01:58 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

If u mind music while DD thus not the cash
buy Bose,
throw away, as written by a RLer here, the twitters
swap them with Burmester or any same size HQ twitters.

if u track you need money for tires then Radio delete!
Old 11-22-2017, 01:59 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I'd drop the light design package. I've had that before and I'm not even sure what it adds.
Go for alcantara or leather sun visors instead. Otherwise, you see the cheesy plastic ones every time you get in the car. Really a disgrace in a car at this price! Hell, I've seen better sun visors in a car at less than half the price!
Old 11-22-2017, 02:23 PM
Scott_997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had 2 other GT3's, this one I got the Bose. It sounds BETTER then the other GT cars but still not as good as a Bose in a Carrera S. I don't think it was worth the money, I could of used it elsewhere in my build.

Hope this post helps someone.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:06 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

lol how is autodim a must have? I’ve literally never thought about ticking it. In hundreds of thousands of miles driven I’ve never had a problem with hitting the mirror tab.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Here's my take- I had the Bose option in my 2017 991.2 Carrera.... didn't order it on my 2018 GT3. Easy decision. The Bose in the C2 was fair/good but really not that great for the price. The standard SPPlus in the GT3.2 is adequate/fine... may not have the deeper base effect as in the Bose system but I honestly don't miss it at all and glad I didn't tack on yet another overpriced option on my build. I think I have enough overpriced amenities even on mine but since peeps have different taste in audio tones then YMMV. IMHO Bose does not matter in the new GT3. Just listen & enjoy that 4.0 engine symphony most of the time anyway... that's the best sound.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:17 PM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by StudGarden
lol how is autodim a must have? I €™ve literally never thought about ticking it. In hundreds of thousands of miles driven I €™ve never had a problem with hitting the mirror tab.
Damn I have the opposite problem.
i don’t have auto dim and I find at night and evenings headlights are at the perfect level to blind me.
Wish I had that option.

Quick Reply: Does Bose Matter in a GT3?