Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 10:53 PM
juanpablo046
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by saildoc
So, I got an allocation for a 2018 August build, Rhodium Silver, MT, LWB’s. I am very interested in one of the center muffler bypasses-looking at BBi, GMG, and CMS. My question is how does the 991.2 GT3 exhaust work RE valves. My. 2012 cayman R has the PSE with the little button you push to open the valves for a louder sound. Is there one of these buttons the 991.2? I don’t see the PSE option on the build sheet. Can’t find an owner’s manual to download. I appreciate a current owner clarifying this issue since valves are mentioned in these exhaust discussions but it seems to be a CPU controlled deal. Thanks in advance.
Sport button controlled

Last edited by juanpablo046; 02-28-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 11:27 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul Performance
Hey Rob, our GT3 Center Muffler Bypass is made in Taiwan. We're happy to discuss the origin of our products.

Generally our goal is to plan out an exhaust component and try to make it stand out for any multitude of reasons - and perform them well. With the diversity of this thread as a great indicator - there is a wealth of options for the GT3. You have Dundon offering incredibly well engineered long tube headers, Akra with a very impressive titanium setup, and so many other vetted manufacturers providing pieces from different parts of the world - what could we offer this market that it doesn't already have? In this case, we aim to have the best priced center muffler bypass exhaust backed by a Lifetime Warranty (including track use) with a multitude of customizable tip options. If anyone manages to crack one at the track chasing a new lap record, we'll have another one in the mail same day. Some of our CMB customers want an intermediary solution between stock and a more expensive option (Jnosol)- maybe they want to test the waters (and in most cases their wives' ears) before going all out. Some just like a good deal and we're happy to provide.

While we could certainly build one in house, and we've drafted up designs and priced out components - we wouldn't be able to offer the best price. We selected a premiere facility in Taiwan to provide our CMB and we build the tips in house with the option for customization (cut, finish, length, logo) and inspect everything before it’s packed up securely. That said, we do build the majority of our exhaust components in house, from 991.2 Carrera sport cats to 997.1 Turbo x-pipe exhaust with much more coming.

As we grow as a company, expect to see more products, more strides in quality, more options, and more content! Cheers!

-Mike S
Please PM me your best price and a link to some videos.

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Sure thing, PM incoming shortly.
Originally Posted by WheelsB
Yes 100% it does require a tune to be accompanied with it. Since this version of the iPE exhaust is catless it will throw a CEL without one. If you don't want this to occur then iPE does have the catted version.

There are power gains even without a tune: +28 hp // + 22 ft-lb
Please PM the best price for the CATTED version. Also just to be sure, no warning lights or need for a tune on the Catted version?

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
That is why going with a Rear Bypass is a great avenue. Will not void warranty. I put on the GRP on Friday and had them adjust so valves are always open. The car is loud as heck and sounds great . No way I would want this car any louder. I am very happy and now the last thing to do is have my wheels painted in White gold like the GT2RS wheels which will be done in April. Car is now going in to hibernation
Seriously considering this.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:21 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Please PM the best price for the CATTED version. Also just to be sure, no warning lights or need for a tune on the Catted version?
PM incoming shortly.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 02-27-2018, 01:37 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Graham Rahal Performance's client Chris from Alberta with his brand new yellow w/ green stripe Porsche 991.2 GT3 at Scottsdale Cars and Coffee rocking the new center section exhaust. goo.gl/A9ip2e

Attachment 1351182
Attachment 1351183

- jerry@bbiautosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 03-03-2018, 01:09 AM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducktail
Took the plunge here as well and went for Dundon Motorsport long tube race headers. Being based in Europe I'm not at all experienced with their products, in fact I'd never heard of them before regularly checking this board. However the positive comments shine through everywhere and especially Matt's advice left me with no choice but going the Dundon route.
My 997 RS was relatively similarly equipped, having Cargraphic headers and 200 cell cats, coupled to a side muffler bypass and stock centre muffler, that sounded awesome and came with a worthwhile weight saving.
On the 991.2 I'm going one further in having the catless long tube headers, might be a bit louder than the 997 RS but given the Dundon setup is valved it seems to offer the best of both worlds. Can't wait to try it out!
Any updates with your Dundon system on your .2?
Old 03-03-2018, 06:44 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A few more BBi & GRP 991.2 GT3 exhausts before it goes to coating. Please email us at sales@bbiautosport.com or gr@grahamrahalperformance.com to reserve one!

-Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 03-03-2018, 08:57 PM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The thing I have noticed is that with the higher torque in the .2 I can just cruise around town berween 3000-4000 rpm in 3rd gear quite comfortably w/o changing gears and the throttle response is so good if you get on her she just takes right off. If I had to listen to the open and shut every minute I would go bananas. Plus, it sounds smoother, as well.
^ this makes sense
Old 03-19-2018, 01:35 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here is a quick video and review of our GRP/BBi Center Section Exhaust from Rennlist member Quickag out in Texas!

"Thanks to Jerry at BBi and Graham at GRP for getting me my bypass just in time for my weekend at COTA next weekend. Got it installed this morning and it looks and sounds incredible.

i thought the stock exhaust on the 991.2 GT3 sounded good until rode in a friend’s with this new bypass. Sounds like a race car above 3,800rpm but at light throttle and lower rpm, it’s perfectly comfortable.

i highly recommend anyone who has a GT3 to get this bypass. The pops, the tone, the scream, it’s worth every penny. A big reason we all get GT3’s is for the engine and this uncorks it perfectly.

Here’s a quick flyby video. Wife was driving and I was filming so a little tamer acceleration than I would have done. "

Old 03-23-2018, 01:24 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

SP Motorsport's Manual 991.2 GT3 with BBi Autosport Center Section Sound Clips

Old 03-25-2018, 01:58 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds real good!
Old 03-25-2018, 10:39 AM
bammb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does the GRP BBI drone at all at low RPM's?
Old 03-25-2018, 11:13 AM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by bammb
Does the GRP BBI drone at all at low RPM's?
Not at all! I actually drove my 911R on a 1k mile road trip with it doing business phone calls the whole way no issues. And the R has far less sound deadening, you will love it!

In stock, can ship tomorrow!
Old 03-25-2018, 12:26 PM
bammb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car isn't getting here until August. Will be ordering it then. Thanks!
Old 03-25-2018, 02:28 PM
midwestamv8
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought I'd chime in and say I've been absolutely THRILLED with my shark werks + valve disconnect. Zero drone on the highway, and just enough volume and grunt down low to make slower driving entertaining but JESUS does it ****ing scream up high!
Old 03-25-2018, 07:28 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Few quick soundclips of the GRP exhaust on Graham Rahal's personal 991.2 GT2

View this post on Instagram

View this post on Instagram

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3