Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3 - Page 18 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

 
Old 01-18-2018, 11:11 PM
  #256  
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
James-GMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,841
Default

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
We're just kidding.
I know, Rob is new to this forum so we have to welcome him..... :-)
__________________

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: [email protected]
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
James-GMG is offline  
Old 01-18-2018, 11:15 PM
  #257  
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
GRPerformance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Posts: 407
Default

Lots of good options out there. We could all go on all day, I think its really preference to who you like working with, the exhaust note you're looking for, and what your objectives are for the car.

Obviously on a personal level, I do a lot of the center bypass. Really its simply because thats what I have always done on my personal cars and enjoyed the exhaust note and change that it gave me. Some others may want full headers, some customers want full bypass and no mufflers ( did that and my house almost rattled to the ground haha), but in the end its preference and the service that group gives you.

We are new, I get it, most of you don't know us, but you will. As a Porsche enthusiast and fellow owner, my goal is to continue to push the boundaries with great product, and enhanced development in-house as soon as we get our dyno installed!
GRPerformance is online now  
Old 01-18-2018, 11:20 PM
  #258  
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
James-GMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,841
Default

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
We're just kidding.
Ya gotta give Rob credit, he ordered his car, a beautiful Miami Blue GT3, and picked it up as soon as it landed, to drive it cross country, almost non-stop to drop it off at our shop to prep it with a harness bar, seat mounts, exhaust and suspension work and then proceeded directly to the track to have some fun with his friends........without a moment to spare.....here here to that!!
And he let us use his car for this launch control........how nice of him to do so!

__________________

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: [email protected]
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
James-GMG is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 05:58 AM
  #259  
Boba Fett
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 70
Default

Wow, awesome thread. Brand new owner here, took delivery today 2015 GT3. Car is way too quiet and needs some sound. Had no idea there were this many options for this car. Good but quite overwhelming at the same time.

I want loud!!! What’s loud!?!?
Not sure if I want to do a full header set up or just make some noise.
Also not looking to spend ten grand.
Boba Fett is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:04 AM
  #260  
Boba Fett
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by GRPerformance View Post
some customers want full bypass and no mufflers ( did that and my house almost rattled to the ground haha),
Yes, sounds like what I’m after
Boba Fett is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:21 AM
  #261  
Boba Fett
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by GRPerformance View Post
Lots of good options out there. We could all go on all day, I think its really preference to who you like working with, the exhaust note you're looking for, and what your objectives are for the car.

Obviously on a personal level, I do a lot of the center bypass. Really its simply because thats what I have always done on my personal cars and enjoyed the exhaust note and change that it gave me. Some others may want full headers, some customers want full bypass and no mufflers ( did that and my house almost rattled to the ground haha), but in the end its preference and the service that group gives you.

We are new, I get it, most of you don't know us, but you will. As a Porsche enthusiast and fellow owner, my goal is to continue to push the boundaries with great product, and enhanced development in-house as soon as we get our dyno installed!
Originally Posted by WheelsB View Post
iPE Titanium Exhaust with iPE Stainless Steel Headers.

Video sounds coming soon...



please send me pricing on all your exhaust systems and options
Boba Fett is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:36 AM
  #262  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 8,901
Default

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post

Yes, sounds like what I’m after
You want loud- then you want Cattless headers with side deletes. That is the answer.

If price is your concern then go with Fabspeed LT Headers and side deletes. There headers seem to be aggressively priced. There are other LT Race headers mentioned here that are also fantastic and made of some of the best materials but you have to pay more. There is an *** for every seat once you determine your criteria.
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 07:03 AM
  #263  
Boba Fett
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
You want loud- then you want Cattless headers with side deletes. That is the answer.

If price is your concern then go with Fabspeed LT Headers and side deletes. There headers seem to be aggressively priced. There are other LT Race headers mentioned here that are also fantastic and made of some of the best materials but you have to pay more. There is an *** for every seat once you determine your criteria.
totally funny you brought up Fabspeed as that is the brand I am leaning toward.

is there a such thing as deleting side and front? Forgive me, I am brand new to this brand.
Boba Fett is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 11:52 AM
  #264  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 8,901
Default

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post

totally funny you brought up Fabspeed as that is the brand I am leaning toward.

is there a such thing as deleting side and front? Forgive me, I am brand new to this brand.
You would not want that. Delete the sides but keep the rear especially if you will be driving on the street.
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 01:47 PM
  #265  
Dougr743
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 272
Default

Originally Posted by meaker View Post
Hey Doug, I would double check with Hendrick about warranty issues with headers. They have gave me the vibe that it would draw a red flag if the issue could be possible link to the headers.
That being said, I would love to run the dundon race header but NC and their inspection.
They never seemed to have any problems with bypasses.
By the way I saw you last week in that pretty red .2 getting off 77 at exit 82c.
Hey, thanks, been trying to put miles on it, but our weather is not helping I want a full system but will prob only get a bypass unless Albie says its a go for warranty issues. I don't have to worry about inspection, but whats your plan on exhaust? We will have to plan a mountain run this summer.
Dougr743 is offline  
Old 01-20-2018, 02:06 PM
  #266  
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
GRPerformance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Posts: 407
Default

Here is an example of our 991.1 GT3 exhaust on our customer Ken's car from Seattle area! It sounds amazing.


Here is also an example of our 911R with with the system on it stationary.


For more information on our system the link to our website is - https://www.grahamrahalperformance.c...bypass-exhaust

Contact me for more info [email protected]! Thank you

GRPerformance is online now  
Old 01-20-2018, 06:36 PM
  #267  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 8,901
Default

Not to steal from this thread but I am putting up my RSS X-Pipe for sale. It only has 1200 miles. It is in phenomenal condition. I have decided to go another route. Price is $800 delivered in US. Can ship it next Sat.

If interested PM me. Going to list in the classifieds here.
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 01-21-2018, 01:18 AM
  #268  
meaker
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
meaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,690
Default

Originally Posted by Dougr743
Hey, thanks, been trying to put miles on it, but our weather is not helping I want a full system but will prob only get a bypass unless Albie says its a go for warranty issues. I don't have to worry about inspection, but whats your plan on exhaust? We will have to plan a mountain run this summer.
Let me know what Albie says. I have a GMG bypass from my. 1 still but thing on selling and trying another brand. Probably a RRS. I really like to do full length headers some day.
Mountain drive would be awesome. I was really hoping my car would be here in time for the spring Smokies but not looking like that's going to happen.
meaker is offline  
Old 01-22-2018, 04:54 AM
  #269  
flyboyx999
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 15
Default

Originally Posted by Dougr743 View Post
Hey, thanks, been trying to put miles on it, but our weather is not helping I want a full system but will prob only get a bypass unless Albie says its a go for warranty issues. I don't have to worry about inspection, but whats your plan on exhaust? We will have to plan a mountain run this summer.
you can come check out my Dundon Header when I put it on next week, had it for 2 months now but never had the time to install it.
flyboyx999 is offline  
Old 01-22-2018, 05:31 AM
  #270  
Boba Fett
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Boba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 70
Default

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
Not to steal from this thread but I am putting up my RSS X-Pipe for sale. It only has 1200 miles. It is in phenomenal condition. I have decided to go another route. Price is $800 delivered in US. Can ship it next Sat.

If interested PM me. Going to list in the classifieds here.
what finish?
Boba Fett is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: