Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting on your GT3 to arrive? Prepare yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 02:06 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister_Yogi
JC - Would some of those things be noticeable at delivery?

Unrelated - just saw your vid on your M3. Congrats broski! Love the paint/interior combo!!
Hey what's up Yogi!! Let's sync up soon for a ride bro!

Yes, some times you can see it staring right at you even before a decon....those are red flags to me when it's noticed at that point.

Originally Posted by Sunny_M3
Maybe it’s jusr me, but I honestly don’t care about the wraps and paint protection and super detailing. Don’t get me wrong, I respect the craft and attention to detail; it is amazing. However, I’m simple; as long as I can shift gears, hear that beautiful motor, and everything looks presentable, I’m good. Wear and tear on paint is just part of the ownership experience
I totally understand feeling that way. The topic and how people feel about it could be seen as a bell-curve. Most people fall somewhere in the middle of the OCD and the aesthetically apathetic.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
At a minimum though, don't you prefer the front of your car to not be pitted and full of paint chips? Getting some basic clear over the front of the car seems like an easy decision so you keep it looking like when you bought it
If rock chips don't bother someone, that's a blessing in many ways.

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
I'm interested to see what disaster paint job came from the factory. Pics of said irreparable weakness?
Not sure if this is directly addressed to me but I am happy to share a recent project that came to us. A 991.2 GT2RS w/ an optioned-out Weissach. The following video was shot immediately after we gently washed and chemically decontaminated the car. (For posterity's sake: I've not made it a point to fault Porsche for "irreparable" damage. Just draw attention to the fact new cars are not necessarily perfect cars.)

Quick Reply: Waiting on your GT3 to arrive? Prepare yourself.