Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Porsche build! Critics welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 11:10 AM
ad2330
Racer

Received 272 Likes on 65 Posts
Default My first Porsche build! Critics welcome!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKQ16N1

Anything I’m missing?
Anything I’ve done that’s unnecessary?

Headed to Porsche Experience Center ATL in early December with the local head sales manager and a buddy of mine who is also taking delivery of a .2 GT3. Going to get some track time in a GT3 which will be an incredible experience.

This car will be a spirited street car that will hopefully see track time in the future.

Taking delivery in April!
Old 10-30-2017, 11:19 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by ad2330

Anything I’m missing?

Headed to Porsche Experience Center ATL in early December with the local head sales manager and a buddy of mine who is also taking delivery of a .2 GT3. Going to get some track time in a GT3 which will be an incredible experience.

This car will be a spirited street car that will hopefully see track time in the future.

Congrats on your first Porsche build!

Looks like you've checked every box except the ultra rare "kitchen sink package".
Old 10-30-2017, 11:25 AM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Congrats and nice build!

My only tweaks would be:

1. The CF mirror caps will be the only exposed CF on the exterior so I always thought it looks better standard.
2. Front Lift - for a $188k build, I'm surprised FAL isn't selected. Seems to be a commonly selected option for a reason.

I like the air vents in MB, that is nice and subtle. I also think the yellow stitching will look cool.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:47 AM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

You might want to read about the carbon floor mats. I haven't heard good things about them. I also echo the comment above about FAL.

Otherwise only other options you might consider is the leather steering column and extended leather on dashboard. You added several other plush upgrades and these are definitely ones to consider. Especially the steering column for the money.

Congrats!
Old 10-30-2017, 11:56 AM
ad2330
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Congrats on your first Porsche build!

Looks like you've checked every box except the ultra rare "kitchen sink package".

Haha, thanks Gunner.

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Congrats and nice build!

My only tweaks would be:

1. The CF mirror caps will be the only exposed CF on the exterior so I always thought it looks better standard.
2. Front Lift - for a $188k build, I'm surprised FAL isn't selected. Seems to be a commonly selected option for a reason.

I like the air vents in MB, that is nice and subtle. I also think the yellow stitching will look cool.

Interesting thought on the mirrors. I'll have to kick that around.

Front Lift is something I'm just not familiar with having not owned a Porsche in the past. I have never had a ton of issues scraping with my previous cars (which have all been very low), so I thought it seemed a waste (especially for how expensive of an option it is). I'll have to think this through.

I was actually trying to do the air vents in RY to keep the interior yellow theme going (belts, stitching, vents). Not sure why it's coming through in MB.

Thanks a lot for the feedback

Originally Posted by manitou202
You might want to read about the carbon floor mats. I haven't heard good things about them. I also echo the comment above about FAL.

Otherwise only other options you might consider is the leather steering column and extended leather on dashboard. You added several other plush upgrades and these are definitely ones to consider. Especially the steering column for the money.

Congrats!

I'll definitely look into the carbon floor mats. Thanks for mentioning.

Thanks for the feedback, Manitou!
Old 10-30-2017, 12:04 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Just to be clear, are you doing the air vent surrounds or the actual air vent slats?
Old 10-30-2017, 12:05 PM
ad2330
Racer

Originally Posted by manitou202
Just to be clear, are you doing the air vent surrounds or the actual air vent slats?

Was going to do the surrounds. You suggest slats?

I haven't seen either in person so I'm going in blind, which, makes me second guess doing either.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:33 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will benefit from the lift if you drive on the street & re sail.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:38 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

Front Lift is something I'm just not familiar with having not owned a Porsche in the past. I have never had a ton of issues scraping with my previous cars (which have all been very low), so I thought it seemed a waste (especially for how expensive of an option it is). I'll have to think this through.

There is low and then there is low. Porsche have a long overhang in front of the front wheels that a lot of other "low" cars don't have. That is where you might get into trouble.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I’m sorry yellow vents yellow belts with Miami Blue?????????
Old 10-30-2017, 12:46 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Anything I’m missing?

Wow you're going all out! Loaded!

How about the painted black door handles option since you're going for that theme w/ the cf mirror caps, black wheels, and black LEDs? Food for thought...
Old 10-30-2017, 12:49 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,062 Likes on 607 Posts

need FAL , I for one will not buy a car without one and I think the majority won't .
Old 10-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
I’m sorry yellow vents yellow belts with Miami Blue?????????
That's a lot of ? marks Billy. It's a well worn path followed by many including Seinfeld on a 993 Turbo S. A blue car with PCCB's has yellow belts. Some add yellow dials and or another trim item.

PS I'd remove the painted lower skirts, unpainted they visuallly lower the car.
Painted air vents are killer!

Last edited by Bruce R; 10-30-2017 at 12:59 PM. Reason: edit
Old 10-30-2017, 12:59 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice build. I’m not doing FAL either cause have it on my car now and never used it. Then the only reason to get it is for the next guy. Not worth it to me. I agree on mirrors as nothing else exterior is carbon. And I also think you need to research the carbon mats. but other then that it’s a great build as is.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:59 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Was going to do the surrounds. You suggest slats?

I haven't seen either in person so I'm going in blind, which, makes me second guess doing either.
Both look good, but painting the air vent slats also adds leather and stitching around the air vent housings which is a nice touch. I would recommend seeing in person.

Quick Reply: My first Porsche build! Critics welcome!