Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 07:31 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
If anyone is looking for a 2RS, PM me and I can tell you where a couple are that probably can be had at $50-75k ADM. Both are on the ground and specked right from what I seen.
Careful, you might get the 2RS fanboys riled up by saying you can get the car at $50k ADM. haha I now adjust my estimate, the 2RS will be trading below MSRP (along with the GT3/Touring/3RS).
Old 12-24-2018, 09:02 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

I have had 2 different dealers offer me a 2RS (on their lot) for $50k over. I have done business with both dealers though and have homes in both areas, so I could be considered local. That might be an issue with these deals as well. They might only sell them in their territory. I don't know, didn't ask. I did offer to buy one at MSRP from my local dealer and told him I would sell it back in 2 months when my 3RS comes in for $10k under. He didn't go for my $10k, 2 month lease. I figured it would help him so he could then sell it countrywide. I guess not.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:14 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 612 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I have had 2 different dealers offer me a 2RS (on their lot) for $50k over. I have done business with both dealers though and have homes in both areas, so I could be considered local. That might be an issue with these deals as well. They might only sell them in their territory. I don't know, didn't ask. I did offer to buy one at MSRP from my local dealer and told him I would sell it back in 2 months when my 3RS comes in for $10k under. He didn't go for my $10k, 2 month lease. I figured it would help him so he could then sell it countrywide. I guess not.
I would def call around for gt3's, gt3 rs's if you are really looking and not a value troll telling us why your car is worth so much. I found a few gt3 custom orders, 10k over seems to be the ask. Normal Gt3 on ground can probably be had for sticker now fairly easily anywhere. I talked to someone today with Brand new 3rs WP for MSRP, they ask you just get some 9,900 package that sounds like ceramic and some other stuff. Probably realistically worth 2k, but that is effective 8k on top. I mean there are just SO many cars now. Good luck to anyone looking.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:39 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

We have a guy in smokies ready to donate $75k to charity for a built 2RS that's ready to go. The buildable slot we had went for a $145k donation.

If anyone knows of a 2RS on the ground at a dealer who wants to make the world a little bit better with it, PM me.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:30 AM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Careful, you might get the 2RS fanboys riled up by saying you can get the car at $50k ADM. haha I now adjust my estimate, the 2RS will be trading below MSRP (along with the GT3/Touring/3RS).
Using your logic, the Speedster shouldn’t bring any premium since approximately 600 will be coming to USA as opposed to 850 2RS’s. Speedster is much less “useful” of a car (not a track car, not a daily driver with manual roof, etc.). When you know of an allocation without an ADM please let me know since I would really like one regardless of it’s “shortcomings”.
I”ll take a GT2RS also so let me know when you know of one under MSRP.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:33 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I am hoping the market goes into a complete meltdown so I can get my speedster.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:46 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 683 Likes on 377 Posts

Yep. BAT price was at least one indicator. Find it funny all these dealers getting their “delivery mile” cars and what they are asking. Are they really that clueless or are they really just trying to find “that one customer”? I.e. like your favorite dealer asking these stupid asking prices. Almost a joke he posts that on this forum. Must be lots of suckers in Houston.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:00 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

You sound bitter with your constant, "the bottom will fall out of the GT2RS market." It's like you want it to happen to those (whom you call fanboys) fortunate enough to get one. I don't like ADM's either, I don't think any of us here do, but you sure seem to get enjoyment from trying to rain on other people's parade. What's up with you?

Last edited by Hex; 12-25-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:32 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

USC does like to hammer the 2rs message but most likely he's gonna end up right.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
USC does like to hammer the 2rs message but most likely he's gonna end up right.
He certainly has a right to his opinion and he may be right or he may be wrong but his posts are mean spirited as opposed to academic.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:45 PM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
You sound bitter with your constant, "the bottom will fall out of the GT2RS market." It's like you want it to happen to those (whom you call fanboys) fortunate enough to get one. I don't like ADM's either, I don't think any of us here do, but you sure seem to get enjoyment from trying to rain on other people's parade. What's up with you?
I completely agree...why are people so mean and angry that they are seemingly hoping for people to lose a lot of money?
Maybe it’s the dealers creating a bidding war or the buyers supporting the ADM’s? Maybe they are just angry since they want a car but either do not or cannot afford to pay the ADM and are hoping for a market pull back so they can buy one.

Here are the details as I know them to be true regarding USA 2RS:
1. 250 VIP cars sold at MSRP
2. 550 customer cars sold at or over MSRP
3. Less than 48 remaining unassigned cars to be sold at market value
4. Future value will depend on what any of the VIP customers or less than 600 other customers agree to sell at, how many of those people are willing to sell there cars and what people are willing to pay for a specific car at a specific time. It also depends on what color you want. The GT Silver Metallic launch car will comprise of almost a third of all the cars produced. If you are going to part with a whole lot of money I would assume that you would want a specific color. If it isn’t GT silver you are looking at a color which was produced in a quantity of less than 100 cars.

So, go ahead and do the math. Figure out whether the car is anything special and valued verses the competition. How do the numbers and valves compare historically with other cars that maintained or increased in value over MSRP. Would the MR updates that make it faster the the SVJ bring even more value or is second fastest production car behind the SVJ enough to secure it’s place as a historically significant piece??

Last edited by robcut1; 12-25-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:36 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by robcut1

Using your logic, the Speedster shouldn’t bring any premium since approximately 600 will be coming to USA as opposed to 850 2RS’s. Speedster is much less “useful” of a car (not a track car, not a daily driver with manual roof, etc.). When you know of an allocation without an ADM please let me know since I would really like one regardless of it’s “shortcomings”.
I”ll take a GT2RS also so let me know when you know of one under MSRP.
Originally Posted by goin2drt

Yep. BAT price was at least one indicator. Find it funny all these dealers getting their “delivery mile” cars and what they are asking. Are they really that clueless or are they really just trying to find “that one customer”? I.e. like your favorite dealer asking these stupid asking prices. Almost a joke he posts that on this forum. Must be lots of suckers in Houston.
Originally Posted by Hex
Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Originally Posted by Hex
He certainly has a right to his opinion and he may be right or he may be wrong but his posts are mean spirited as opposed to academic.
Originally Posted by robcut1

I completely agree...why are people so mean and angry that they are seemingly hoping for people to lose a lot of money?
Maybe it’s the dealers creating a bidding war or the buyers supporting the ADM’s? Maybe they are just angry since they want a car but either do not or cannot afford to pay the ADM and are hoping for a market pull back so they can buy one.

Here are the details as I know them to be true regarding USA 2RS:
1. 250 VIP cars sold at MSRP
2. 550 customer cars sold at or over MSRP
3. Less than 48 remaining unassigned cars to be sold at market value
4. Future value will depend on what any of the VIP customers or less than 600 other customers agree to sell at, how many of those people are willing to sell there cars and what people are willing to pay for a specific car at a specific time. It also depends on what color you want. The GT Silver Metallic launch car will comprise of almost a third of all the cars produced. If you are going to part with a whole lot of money I would assume that you would want a specific color. If it isn’t GT silver you are looking at a color which was produced in a quantity of less than 100 cars.

So, go ahead and do the math. Figure out whether the car is anything special and valued verses the competition. How do the numbers and valves compare historically with other cars that maintained or increased in value over MSRP. Would the MR updates that make it faster the the SVJ bring even more value or is second fastest production car behind the SVJ enough to secure it’s place as a historically significant piece??
I'm not trying to sounds mean spirited or bitter, I'm just stating my opinion. I mean, we've seen something very similar happen with the .1RS a few years ago when ADMs got as high as $125k over. It's the same old thing with a different car. They are building 2RSs at least through Feb (and who knows if it goes beyond that point) so there will be at least 1,000 US cars. Last I checked the ADMs have gone from about $200k over to $50k over. You'll have most VIP owners list their cars for sale once they hit the 1 year ownership mark and then you have what's going on with the stock market which put push prices down further. The 2RS isn't the only GT going to be selling below MSRP in 2019, the 3RS along with the GT3 will also be selling below MSRP in 2019. The 2RS is a beast of a car and must be a blast to drive but thinking that it's some kind of special unicorn where it will trade above MSRP for the long haul is being beyond wishful. If you have a 2RS, enjoy driving it and don't worry what the value will be. Btw, Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
wow
Old 12-25-2018, 05:17 PM
cacpa
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's the Xmas spirit. I hope everyone around me loses lots and lots of money so I can buy a convertible. You must be fun to be around at the office.
Old 12-25-2018, 05:26 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

SMH....surely you’re joking or is it trolling. Good Lord what a thing to wish for...

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM