Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Yes! +100000!

Question though.

Lets say dealers have no control and PCNA handles giving out the cars.
Who gets the cars? How do they decide? Do you line up outside the dealership like an iPhone release? Do you wait to buy an allocation online like my little brother getting yeezys?
I think transparency and having a fixed way of doing things is the ONLY way to go (blame it on profession). I for one, cant stand the way it's done now.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LastMezger
Get a McLaren 720S.
Gawd NO!. I wouldn't do that until year 2 or 3 of production and even then maybe.

Originally Posted by tstafford
Until PCNA does something to curb this, it's going to continue. No matter how much people on RL hate it there's absolutely nothing stopping dealers from selling over MSRP. Clearly very, very few care about customer relationships. I've bought dozens of cars from the Nashville dealer - we only have one - and they still charged me an ADM on both the GT4 and the RS.
I agree. Dealers are in the business of making $$.

The OP is a nice guy but obviously a bit naïve about how his process works. Most likely they have a buyer that is has been "more loyal" to them or willing to pay mega $$ and that is why they are taking chances at screwing him.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:44 AM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks for this thread. Just moved to Philly and I'm still deciding where to go for service/future.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:23 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by zmon
And i paid ADM on both the GT4 and RS. Corrected that for you.

Until PCNA does something... you can do something too, dont pay it!!
But I want the car. So I pay the price. That's how it works.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:24 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
I get the free market argument, and that's fine if dealers want to play the free market game and risk damaging relationships with good customers. But then be upfront about charging an ADM and market price. Don't create lists for allocations and then tell customers when their time comes that they are going to charge an ADM. Or like in the situation with ****, hold onto $100k from a previous trade in, and then drop a massive ADM bomb. I'm assuming if they had told **** upfront that they were most likely going to charge a large ADM for the GT2RS, then he wouldn't have traded-in his Ferrari and would have taken his business else where.
I think this is the key issue, misrepresentation, not the economics. Making as much money off a sale as possible is not dishonorable, but changing the terms of an agreement made in good faith is a breach of ethics even if found to be within legality. Honor used to mean more than money. We need to clearly articulate our reasons for our anger and I believe for us it’s the lack of integrity that stings the most.
Guest89
Drifting

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
I know **** (Sean) personally, and I am shocked. The first time I met Sean he asked me if I wanted to drive his 458. He is the most genuine guy you are ever going to meet. But there is so much more to this story. Sean is a veteran. I will not go into details, but I will just say that he has made sacrifices, and he deserves to be treated with respect. For Porsche of the Main Line to treat a veteran like this is really outrageous. It's the ultimate insult.

I understand that a mistake may have been made, and I am hopeful that a "good dealer" will fix a serious mistake. But Porsche of the Main Line needs to correct this situation immediately. This is really shocking behavior. I will be contacting PCNA in the morning to see what can be done.
Originally Posted by br911
No need to report. Someone will read this in Atlanta tomorrow morning. Not the first time, not the last -honest people who rever the brand and act in good faith will see rules being changed for the dealer's benefit in a flash. The dealers are PCNA clients, and we are clients of the dealers.
They want to lease as many Macan Ss and Cs as possible, and as long dealers continue to do so, all is good.
Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
How do you report stuff like this? I mean, if the people here on this thread dont do it, who will? Im happy to start a email campaign- at the very least- point the people to this thread at PCNA.
I would think Rob has a very good call into PCNA after his success earlier this summer.

Coincidentally, I am having lunch with some friends at PCNA tomorrow - beginning of the Petit Le Mans weekend. If I see any of the higher ups that I know - Joe, Andre - at some point over this weekend I will convey that I'd love to buy more Porsches, but their dealers make it exceedingly difficult these days.
RobertR1
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Setting up a brokering service to buy direct would be a good win. You'd have the hardcore fanbase who like to cycle out their cars on a regular basis but don't want to deal with ADM and other tactics.

If a customer signs up to the service, they have to pay an annual charge for it so not everyone is incentivized to sign up and you only can buy at MSRP.

No negotiations, you put skin in the game and from there are guaranteed an allocation and a car at MSRP. Have a concierge service close the transaction and you pick up the car at a dealership when it arrives.

So those who want the comfort and convenience they can pay a recurring fee for it and those need to be the 1st of the block with the shiny new toy are free to pay ADM's and other games you enjoy at the local dealership.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:25 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

thanks for posting, they are one of the dealers in my local area and I have talked to them in the past, but will not in the future if this is the way they choose to run their business.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:40 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Maybe Porsche is underpricing their GT cars. Might as well raise the prices 25% and take the profit for themselves as long as the market supports it. If it doesn't then you'll get them on a discount.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow, I was an Army reservist once got out as a Captain, and at 33 years old with such short time in service, I wonder how the OP can even afford this car. Perhaps the Air Force pays better than I thought!

Not that this has any bearing on how he was ripped off. And he was ripped of....
Old 10-04-2017, 01:07 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertR1
Setting up a brokering service to buy direct would be a good win. You'd have the hardcore fanbase who like to cycle out their cars on a regular basis but don't want to deal with ADM and other tactics.

If a customer signs up to the service, they have to pay an annual charge for it so not everyone is incentivized to sign up and you only can buy at MSRP.

No negotiations, you put skin in the game and from there are guaranteed an allocation and a car at MSRP. Have a concierge service close the transaction and you pick up the car at a dealership when it arrives.

So those who want the comfort and convenience they can pay a recurring fee for it and those need to be the 1st of the block with the shiny new toy are free to pay ADM's and other games you enjoy at the local dealership.
I cancelled all my Porsche orders yesterday as I'm tired of the whole process.

One car I needed to replace is a Cayenne Hybrid, decided on a Volvo XC60 T8 Hybrid (not many around). I inquired on a dealer website and 15 minutes later Volvo HQ calls me - it's my newly assigned Volvo concierge.

They wanted to make sure I didn't have any questions, the dealer was being responsive and introduce themselves as it's their job to make sure I get the car I want. Also pointed out that I can not only configure the car, but also order it on the Volvo website and it will be sent to the dealer of my choice for delivery.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:15 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I cancelled all my Porsche orders yesterday as I'm tired of the whole process.

One car I needed to replace is a Cayenne Hybrid, decided on a Volvo XC60 T8 Hybrid (not many around). I inquired on a dealer website and 15 minutes later Volvo HQ calls me - it's my newly assigned Volvo concierge.

They wanted to make sure I didn't have any questions, the dealer was being responsive and introduce themselves as it's their job to make sure I get the car I want. Also pointed out that I can not only configure the car, but also order it on the Volvo website and it will be sent to the dealer of my choice for delivery.
The new XC60 is near perfect automobile and value proposition IMO.

We have a new XC90, great vehicle. Volvo is making a real effort to move their CS and dealerships upmarket. So far it's been a good experience, much better than in years past at the same dealer. And the car is just damn nice for the $.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:16 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Concerning to hear this about Porsche of the Main Line.
I've purchased 4 new Porsches from them including two 991 GT3s at MSRP. They've always been an MSRP dealer for GT cars, even during the 991.1 GT car craziness.
I hope the OPs experience isn't a dealershipwide change, or I may need to go elsewhere for my 991.2 GT3 (and all other Porsches), in the future.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
I think this is the key issue, misrepresentation, not the economics. Making as much money off a sale as possible is not dishonorable, but changing the terms of an agreement made in good faith is a breach of ethics even if found to be within legality. Honor used to mean more than money. We need to clearly articulate our reasons for our anger and I believe for us it’s the lack of integrity that stings the most.
Agree 100%
Old 10-04-2017, 01:19 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

Maybe we can all get together and start Rennlist group buys with PCNA for GT cars.

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line