Sponsored by:

Road and Track: Performance Car of the Year

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 12:07 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Saw one at my Detailer the other day and one at the Dealer. The interior is beautiful I will give it that. I like the car in black but in silver it did not look as good. There is something proportionally wrong with the car for some reason. I just do not know what it is. The more I looked at it the more I did not like it. But at first take I really liked it- weird
His is a beautiful metallic red with the carbon fiber roof, looks fantastic in that color. Last track event we went to together it got much more attention then my RS.

I cant wait for by 991.2 GT3 manual to arrive. Hoping it will live up to the hype! I miss shifting, should be exciting.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Pzkw993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for reading, everybody.

A little bit of inside information for the Rennlisters... I absolutely HATED the alignment settings on the GT3 we got for testing. The nose was very unhappy under braking and that's what cost it the lap time vs. the Camaro.

I think a re-prepped GT3.2 manual would have finished higher.

And PDK would have been worth a few tenths at most. There aren't very many shifts to be done at NCM West and I showed no mechanical sympathy to the test car.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:20 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Pzkw993

A little bit of inside information for the Rennlisters... I absolutely HATED the alignment settings on the GT3 we got for testing. The nose was very unhappy under braking and that's what cost it the lap time vs. the Camaro.

And PDK would have been worth a few tenths at most. There aren't very many shifts to be done at NCM West and I showed no mechanical sympathy to the test car.
Pardon my total ignorance, who are you?.. one of the writers? If so, great magazine.. Iï¸ Love how road and track has completely changed its writing and become more descriptive and visceral in the EVO mold. Nice work on this article.. Iï¸ just wish there was a little more about how each car made you feel. 2c..
Old 11-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Good info.

That's what can happen at these Comparison tests. That why some car MFGs send an Engineer to make sure everything is optimized
Old 11-03-2017, 06:16 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

Thanks for the info. Just curious, why did you guys run the shortened course instead of the full NCM course? You left out the best parts of the track!
Old 11-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Friend with a .2GT3 says the same thing - doesn't like it on track as nose moves around too much, and can't get it settled for turn-in and then through corner.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:21 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Friend with a .2GT3 says the same thing - doesn't like it on track as nose moves around too much, and can't get it settled for turn-in and then through corner.
Try driving the new cup car lol
Old 11-03-2017, 08:36 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Still waiting on Dallas to send me my car
I will keep you in my prayers
Old 11-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Try driving the new cup car lol
Are you going to run a cup car next year?
Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 PM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Was it the alignment or the MPSC2 N1 tires (or combination of both) - I recently switched from N0 to N1 and there is a noticeable difference.

Did the car feel "fidgety" on the road test component? and do you know where the last alignment was done? Over here the Porsche dealers have specific Porsche approved alignment equipment, thus if it was done by Porsche it should be spot on as a street spec. If done by an indy it may be out for many reasons including simple ones such as they dialled up the spec for a .1 car (this has happened to me). My 2C
Old 11-03-2017, 10:31 PM
JLG
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Everyone is copying EVO now, it used to be the only mag worth reading. Has the best pics too...
Old 11-03-2017, 11:02 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,780 Likes on 4,774 Posts

Originally Posted by JLG
Everyone is copying EVO now, it used to be the only mag worth reading. Has the best pics too...
But everyone has left evo.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
Will be interested to see what settings people like orthojoe end up recommending for the .2 GT3.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:33 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Also, the 991.2 GT3 I saw in Fremont had Dunlops, I wonder if there is a difference in grip between the two.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:03 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
But everyone has left evo.
Why is that by the way? It’s like all the original guys scattered

Quick Reply: Road and Track: Performance Car of the Year