Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check this out before wrapping or speccing your next Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

We are overwhelmed by the positive response on Rennlist so far, and cannot thank you guys all enough! We are currently assisting in 5 very special Porsche CXX orders for the new GT2 RS, and several more for the 991.2 GT3.

We love working with you guys! We are impressed with an incredible amount of design taste many of you have, and bouncing back and forth ideas has been a blast.

Here are several older renderings we did of the GT2 RS some of you may have seen on Facebook. If anybody needs any help speccing their GT2 RS or any other Porsche, feel free to shoot us a message!

We had the pleasure of checking out the GT2 RS at Quail Lodge at Car Week last weekend at a private Porsche event. The car is absolutely incredible in person! If you have one on order and have not yet seen the car in person, you will NOT be disappointed. :-)

Old 08-28-2017, 04:50 PM
w0ggy
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, amazing work guys! I'll definitely be hitting you guys up on my next project!
Old 08-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by w0ggy
Wow, amazing work guys! I'll definitely be hitting you guys up on my next project!
Much appreciated man!

For now, we will leave this as a teaser for the next 8 GT2 RS & 991.2 GT3 projects we have in the works. All from Rennlist, all different colors of the rainbow, including black and white. Crazy to see our project board for 8 designs, and NONE of them having anything in common. Going to be some crazy specs and designs in the coming months!

Old 09-01-2017, 09:21 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Quick rendering of a 991 2RS with a simplistic Cup Car inspired spec/design.

Enjoy! If anybody needs any help with a wrap or spec let me know.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:34 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Question: it seems you design wheel wraps too. How does a vinyl wrapped wheel withstand heat, brake dust, debris, etc? With heat being my most important question. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Question: it seems you design wheel wraps too. How does a vinyl wrapped wheel withstand heat, brake dust, debris, etc? With heat being my most important question. Thanks.
If you're looking to change the entire color of a wheel through vinyl, it would not hold up well. The heat, brake dust, and debris would cause various edges to lift, especially with track use.

It does, however, make sense to do small bits and pieces. For example, pinstripes can be done in vinyl, as well as any part the faces. Small sticker logos on BBS's and Volk TE37's hold up very well with regular cleaning, even with track usage.
Old 09-02-2017, 04:41 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
You cal also do car dip

Did it on my calipers and rims in May 2017
Old 09-02-2017, 08:10 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 135 Posts

I have one more thing to add about Nick & Anthony.

My brother-in-law was looking at buying a 2016 GT3 from a dealer up north last week, and he and I both live down here in Florida. My BIL asked if I knew anyone up there that could put eyes on the car.

Sure enough, I knew it was in the same state as Nick/Anthony. So I texted them to see if they lived anywhere close to the dealership.

They immediately texted me back and said not only do they live 10 miles from the dealership, they were actually driving right by it and would be happy to stop by and look at the car.

They then sent a TON of pics and even called by BIL with their report on the car's condition.

I can't say enough about what I have seen with these two - working with them to get the design I wanted on my 991.2 GT3 was a pleasure. It's clear that these guys will be very successful in what they do.

Nick & Anthony - I can't thank you guys enough!!! The deal is done and that awesome looking Sapphire Blue GT3 is on the way to Florida!
Old 09-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
Here is one of our projects we have been working on today. Just a simple color change rendering. This client is considering wrapping their Cayman in Laguna Seca Blue, and changing the blue accents to gold. Also, we rendered carbon fiber mirrors from the GT4, which the client has recently purchased.

Here is the before and after:

Very cool!

Just to give folks an idea - what would be the cost for a wrap like this, and a reasonable cost of install (Bay Area, CA)?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by awew911
I have one more thing to add about Nick & Anthony.

My brother-in-law was looking at buying a 2016 GT3 from a dealer up north last week, and he and I both live down here in Florida. My BIL asked if I knew anyone up there that could put eyes on the car.

Sure enough, I knew it was in the same state as Nick/Anthony. So I texted them to see if they lived anywhere close to the dealership.

They immediately texted me back and said not only do they live 10 miles from the dealership, they were actually driving right by it and would be happy to stop by and look at the car.

They then sent a TON of pics and even called by BIL with their report on the car's condition.

I can't say enough about what I have seen with these two - working with them to get the design I wanted on my 991.2 GT3 was a pleasure. It's clear that these guys will be very successful in what they do.

Nick & Anthony - I can't thank you guys enough!!! The deal is done and that awesome looking Sapphire Blue GT3 is on the way to Florida!

It was our pleasure man!

We really appreciate the kind words. Anything we can do to help out a fellow Porsche enthusiast is our duty! We have never been apart of a more welcoming community.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dalema
Very cool!

Just to give folks an idea - what would be the cost for a wrap like this, and a reasonable cost of install (Bay Area, CA)?

Thanks
Typically a color change vinyl wrap for simple, readily available colors will run between $2,000-4,000 depending on your location. The Bay Area will be on the higher end of this estimate.

Once you add in design elements, or use any sort of chrome color, prices can go anywhere from $5,000-$10k+.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Just wanted to share with you guys a special project we recently completed.

We were contacted by the guys at RDS Auto Group (for those who know they own a variety of luxury car dealerships in the Philadelphia are) to design a bespoke P1. The design was to take inspiration from a prototype test vehicle, while incorporating a variety of personal touches.

The first step in the process was a batch of photo-realistic renderings. These include final artwork files modified in a way to fit the vehicle in a realistic perspective, to show the client what the final design will look like in the real world. This way, any final tweaks that need to be made can be done so in the virtual world. In the case of this project, the renderings allowed us to decide that the carbon on the front and rear clips should remain exposed.

Here are the renderings we created for the project:

With the final design locked in, the waiting game started while the guys over at McLaren Philadelphia brought her to life!

The final result, photographed by Jon Wheel of RDS Auto Group, is a site to behold!

If any of you are local to the Radnor Hunt Concours just outside of Philadelphia, PA, this car will be there on Sunday, and so will we!
Old 09-06-2017, 02:22 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

^^^
That's sick, Man! Although not sure I could do it. Looking forward to what you guys come up with for my .2. Will be with Smokies group next weekend and would love to share designs and get feedback. You guys have got a following there. Will be with riedry while there. Did a nice job on his RS is the RSR livery.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:03 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Wow. That is awesome! The Perma-mule.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:43 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

that mclaren wrap is sooo cool, i wonder if it makes it hard for cops to track it like how zebra stripes confuse lions

Quick Reply: Check this out before wrapping or speccing your next Porsche!