Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else on the vessel Queen Ace?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 02:32 PM
2WheelsRBetter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

So glad to hear your car has made it! The GT Silver is absolutely gorgeous. Better than in pictures, and I've seen many outstanding shots here on Rennlist. I took delivery yesterday. The irony is that after repeated entreaties by my SA and other "car people," I drove it a mere 6 miles, straight to my paint protection film installer. It'll be there at least through tomorrow (Friday) evening. I'm having PPF applied to the front bumper and fenders, hood, a-pillars and 7" back on the roof, mirrors & door cups, rocker panels (including intake scoops), and rear bumper (which includes the lower panels immediately behind the rear wheels). I'm going nuts by not being able to drive it, so I feel your pain - having to wait until next week.

Last edited by 2WheelsRBetter; 04-21-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:48 AM
JBoxsterK
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi johnny2five,

great to hear that your car finally made it to the bay area ;-).
Hope you have more luck than me... Have a small difference with my/your dealer...
Old 04-22-2016, 01:09 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelsRBetter
So glad to hear your car has made it! The GT Silver is absolutely gorgeous. Better than in pictures, and I've seen many outstanding shots here on Rennlist. I took delivery yesterday. The irony is that after repeated entreaties by my SA and other "car people," I drove it a mere 6 miles, straight to my paint protection film installer. It'll be there at least through tomorrow (Friday) evening. I'm having PPF applied to the front bumper and fenders, hood, a-pillars and 7" back on the roof, mirrors & door cups, rocker panels (including intake scoops), and rear bumper (which includes the lower panels immediately behind the rear wheels). I'm going nuts by not being able to drive it, so I feel your pain - having to wait until next week.
Congrats! Work has been crazy this week so the silver lining is that it's helping me keep my mind of the car.

Are you doing the entire rear bumper? I was planning on doing just behind the wheel arch but this might not be a bad idea.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:10 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JBoxsterK
Hi johnny2five,

Hope you have more luck than me... Have a small difference with my/your dealer...
Thanks! Sorry to hear about your troubles
Old 04-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Congrats! Work has been crazy this week so the silver lining is that it's helping me keep my mind of the car.

Are you doing the entire rear bumper? I was planning on doing just behind the wheel arch but this might not be a bad idea.
Do the whole car
The only regret you will have it that your pockets will be a bit lighter
I did and i am so happy
Old 04-22-2016, 02:00 PM
2WheelsRBetter
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five

Yes, after talking with the installer I decided to do the whole bumper. Even though it's not exactly a "freight hauler," if one starts putting things in the trunk and on the little storage shelf behind the seats (under a cargo net of course), there can be a little leaning against a dusty bumper. The only part of that that make me nervous is that they remove the letters, install the PPF, then reinstall the letters (PORSCHE & GT4). They say they do it all the time and that they'll be reinstalled "right."

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Do the whole car
The only regret you will have it that your pockets will be a bit lighter
I did and i am so happy
I struggled with this decision. I can do it, but kept asking myself if I really need it. I decided to go with "high traffic areas," but I'm sure I'd never regret a full wrap.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelsRBetter
Yes, after talking with the installer I decided to do the whole bumper. Even though it's not exactly a "freight hauler," if one starts putting things in the trunk and on the little storage shelf behind the seats (under a cargo net of course), there can be a little leaning against a dusty bumper. The only part of that that make me nervous is that they remove the letters, install the PPF, then reinstall the letters (PORSCHE & GT4). They say they do it all the time and that they'll be reinstalled "right."

I struggled with this decision. I can do it, but kept asking myself if I really need it. I decided to go with "high traffic areas," but I'm sure I'd never regret a full wrap.
You will not regret it
In fact what most people seem to miss is that the dirtiest part of the car a lot of the time is the rear. The reason being is that all the dust all the dirt and all the exhaust **** flies up and lands on the back with the lettering is. Cleaning that is so easy when there's clear film on it especially when the detailers doing it correctly and removing the letters. The last thing you want is to have cut out for those letters with the dirt gets in. Best of luck regards Ed
Old 04-23-2016, 10:24 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JBoxsterK
Hi johnny2five,

Sent you a PM. Very curious to know what's going on. Thanks

Quick Reply: Anyone else on the vessel Queen Ace?