Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a fair price for this 987.2S

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 05:48 PM
cardsrule
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a 2009 cs pdk with 58,000 for my dad for 30k. I love driving it so much I am selling my 996 turbo to find one. It's the best Porsche I have driven!
Old 01-03-2016, 11:14 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsrule
I found a 2009 cs pdk with 58,000 for my dad for 30k. I love driving it so much I am selling my 996 turbo to find one. It's the best Porsche I have driven!
when did you buy it?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Melek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DaveCarrera4
when did you buy it?
I think the CS his dad bought is just cayman, not S.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:11 PM
cardsrule
Pro

Nope it's an s with pdk. It was about 4 months ago. There are deals out there if you are not worried about mileage. Check the kbb prices on the 09's. They have come down a lot.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:34 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Nope it's an s with pdk. It was about 4 months ago. There are deals out there if you are not worried about mileage. Check the kbb prices on the 09's. They have come down a lot.
sorry, don't trust kbb for any Porsche.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:07 AM
Melek
Rennlist Member

58k mileage is not that high though. That's one awesome deal!
Old 01-27-2016, 11:22 PM
vertexmd
4th Gear

Wow, you got a very good deal on that even if it's relatively stripped. I have a heavily optioned '10 CS with slightly less miles than you (54K) and I spent $36K and most prices I've seen lately are much higher probably because of the new 4 cylinder Caymans. My car has a lot of relatively expensive options though (bose, sport chrono, the adjustable exhaust, full leather interior, dynamic HIDs, nav, turbo wheels, etc.) and far as I can tell it's almost impossible to find a used CS with more options (it's just missing the ventilated seat and PASM-it came with a base steering wheel but I bought the sport design version).

Prices honestly seem to be going up though, I bought this car about 8 months ago and although it hasn't rocketed up in value when I checked the latest sales seem to be running about $1000 higher than what I paid for loaded vehicles. Even KBB values my car higher than it did. I think if I don't put too many miles on it the price would likely keep crawling up-they didn't make that many Cayman S's in 2009 or 2010 so if people really want the last hydraulic steering AND DI boxer 6 powered midengine Porsche prices could climb pretty quickly.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:05 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vertexmd
Wow, you got a very good deal on that even if it's relatively stripped. I have a heavily optioned '10 CS with slightly less miles than you (54K) and I spent $36K and most prices I've seen lately are much higher probably because of the new 4 cylinder Caymans. My car has a lot of relatively expensive options though (bose, sport chrono, the adjustable exhaust, full leather interior, dynamic HIDs, nav, turbo wheels, etc.) and far as I can tell it's almost impossible to find a used CS with more options (it's just missing the ventilated seat and PASM-it came with a base steering wheel but I bought the sport design version). Prices honestly seem to be going up though, I bought this car about 8 months ago and although it hasn't rocketed up in value when I checked the latest sales seem to be running about $1000 higher than what I paid for loaded vehicles. Even KBB values my car higher than it did. I think if I don't put too many miles on it the price would likely keep crawling up-they didn't make that many Cayman S's in 2009 or 2010 so if people really want the last hydraulic steering AND DI boxer 6 powered midengine Porsche prices could climb pretty quickly.
let's keep hearing what was paid. I think the .2's will stay high for a lot of reasons, but mainly low production numbers relative to the rest, and the advent of the 9A1 motor.

Quick Reply: What's a fair price for this 987.2S