Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will you cancel your Spyder order because of LWB seat unavailability?
Yes
69.05%
No
30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Will you cancel your Spyder order because of LWB seat unavailability?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:08 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,705 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
Hate to be an idiot, but there are so many acronyms on this board, can someone tell me what LWB seats are?? Thanks.
Light Weight Buckets.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:10 PM
WaltB
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 67 Posts

Hi Phil-

One of 3 optional seats in the Porsche configurator for the car.
It stands for Light Weight Bucket seats.
Designed with a Carbon Fiber shell and made to keep you in your seat and not sliding around. Very cool looking.

Walt
Old 09-27-2015, 10:24 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WaltB
Hi Phil-

One of 3 optional seats in the Porsche configurator for the car.
It stands for Light Weight Bucket seats.
Designed with a Carbon Fiber shell and made to keep you in your seat and not sliding around. Very cool looking.

Walt
Thanks Walt - it's clearly been a while since I've owned a Porsche! I'll get the acronyms down. Unfortunately, I'm learning about LTS as I'm ordering my 981.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Madrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got the following message this morning from my SA regarding a potential November Spyder build allocation and order.

"So Porsche got back to me this morning and I’m awaiting more info, but the bucket seats are not available for Boxster Spyder or Cayman GT4 and there is no confirmation that they will at all, ever, be made available for this model. Please let me know your thoughts. I know you want to wait for availability but that is looking like it will not happen period considering how limited the vehicle’s production run is."
Old 09-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Madrax
Just got the following message this morning from my SA regarding a potential November Spyder build allocation and order.

"So Porsche got back to me this morning and I’m awaiting more info, but the bucket seats are not available for Boxster Spyder or Cayman GT4 and there is no confirmation that they will at all, ever, be made available for this model. Please let me know your thoughts. I know you want to wait for availability but that is looking like it will not happen period considering how limited the vehicle’s production run is."
Perhaps they should send this memo to the people in charge of the configutator? Might be helpful information.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:27 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,975 Likes on 918 Posts

Perhaps they should also send the memo to the SA's who are telling us our order was submitted early enough and it's safe with the LWB?
Old 09-28-2015, 07:49 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Can you please provide more info for your order? Like when you actually submitted your order into the system. Build allocation is only one component to this crazy and frustrating puzzle.
If you submitted after to 9/11 you are SOL.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:51 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Can you please provide more info for your order? Like when you actually submitted your order into the system. Build allocation is only one component to this crazy and frustrating puzzle.
If you submitted after 9/11 you are SOL.

All this bad info is from people just submitting/changing their orders post 9/11... The cut off for LWB ordering.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Madrax
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not have an order in yet. I've been working with a dealer to place an order on an allocation they have for mid-November. They had been telling me that I could get buckets on that November allocation. I was getting ready to place a deposit, but this morning they came back me with the message I posted earlier today. Hope that helps.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:02 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

It does help, although it seems to imply that no Spyder, no matter when it was ordered, will get buckets. Am I reading this wrong?
Old 09-28-2015, 08:35 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
It does help, although it seems to imply that no Spyder, no matter when it was ordered, will get buckets. Am I reading this wrong?
Again... more bad info.

Dealer is pumping bad info to soften the blow to the customer. They also stated the same info for the GT4, which is incorrect as some have been delivered stateside with the seats.

Facts:

1. Your need a build Allocation October 2015 or later to get the LWB's
2. Your order needed to be submitted and accepted prior to September 11th, 2015

If you qualify for the above two items, you should get the LWB's... If you didn't meet the above two items you will not get the seats.

People need to treat the configurator like a hard copy brochure. It is what was available for the model. Availability of each option will fluctuate depending on when your allocation is assigned and order was submitted due to the On Demand Supply Chain Model.

People complain that no other company operates like this... and I agree it is quite frustrating, but at the same time, no other company lets you customize like Porsche does (at this price point). The one that is close is MINI... but they don't offer PTS and other exclusive CXX options.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:10 PM
iflywoe
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@navano, do you have an idea of how many spyder's and gt4's are coming to the usa?
Old 09-29-2015, 12:19 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iflywoe
@navano, do you have an idea of how many spyder's and gt4's are coming to the usa?
No numbers have been shared, but if I remember correctly the latest number for the GT4 is 2500 (up from the original 1800 due to demand). Spyder numbers were always planned smaller than the GT4 so sub 1800. My sales manager said that the 981 Spyder production will be smaller than the 987.2... as the production run will be shorter calendar wise. At this point this is purely speculation until Porsche themselves states the real numbers.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:20 AM
LJ502
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just because I'm not sure about the terminology, can anyone tell me if these - which are carbon fiber, non-adjustable seats - are the same as the LWB seats?
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2015, 04:33 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by LJ502
Just because I'm not sure about the terminology, can anyone tell me if these - which are carbon fiber, non-adjustable seats - are the same as the LWB seats?
Those are the infamous bordello chairs... A unicorn in the Porsche world. But to answer your question, the answer is NO.. Those are the "gt2" seats... Not the LWB

Quick Reply: Will you cancel your Spyder order because of LWB seat unavailability?