Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSE loud enough ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 09:08 AM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie C
I see you also have a Black Edition Boxster S. I've thought about having PSE put on mine. Did you have it done or did you do it yourself?
When it's off, how much louder is it than with the original exhaust?

Thanks in advance!
Charlie
I did it myself. I was able to locate a Black edition exhaust, thanks Cman21. I did it by myself, it took me about 2 hours. It would have been less time if I had help, because you really have to put it in all put together.

I haven't wired it yet so I am not sure how it will sound when it is off. Honestly I haven't wanted to yet either. With the top down and over 4k rpms it is so awesome. One side effect, my mpgs has gone down.

I am sure I will wire it up before the fall. It is kind of annoying with the top up in traffic. Slight drone under 2500 rpms
Old 03-27-2015, 10:33 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

I have PSE on my 2012 Spyder and rarely turn it on. In fact I'm sorry it is there. No real increase in performance and slightly heavier than the stock exhaust.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:52 AM
genxr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmb757
Thanks every one for your answers .Do you know Carnewal GT exhaust ?
I was missing PSE on my Spyder. That drove me to recently pick up the Carnewal GT. I hope to have it installed next week and will let you know how it sounds.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Cman21
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I have PSE on my 2012 Spyder and rarely turn it on. In fact I'm sorry it is there. No real increase in performance and slightly heavier than the stock exhaust.
I have a stock Cayman R exhaust with 29K on it. I also went with a PSE on my car.

PM me if you are interested.

Cman21
Old 03-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by 66mustang
I did it myself. I was able to locate a Black edition exhaust, thanks Cman21. I did it by myself, it took me about 2 hours. It would have been less time if I had help, because you really have to put it in all put together.

I haven't wired it yet so I am not sure how it will sound when it is off. Honestly I haven't wanted to yet either. With the top down and over 4k rpms it is so awesome. One side effect, my mpgs has gone down.

I am sure I will wire it up before the fall. It is kind of annoying with the top up in traffic. Slight drone under 2500 rpms
Thanks!

Quick Reply: PSE loud enough ?