Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im getting a Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 AM
mdl04
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phew! I just got the car back from my Indy (yes I rolled the no PPI dice) and he confirmed what I thought, I have a new car. Not a scratch or chip to be found. The car was serviced and then purchased by Jack Daniels Porsche in Upper Saddle River and according to my Indy, "there're pretty good" lol. In retrospect I'm still surprised how open they were with the numbers although I admittedly didn't believe them at the time and was well armed on my own. It's a good sign when the dealer doesn't buy auction cars and doesn't have a pos on the lot. I couldn't be happier with the 17" wheels and the non s engine here on Long Island with our short twisty, bumpy roads. It's the closest thing to a 60's GT car that I can afford. This thing is so mint that I contemplate keeping the miles low…lol
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2013, 12:30 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That's nice mdl04. I love the interior color Here's a bit of a smaller picture of mdl04 car. Enjoy, it's a beaut.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:03 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 71 Posts

Nice, any plans for it?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:07 PM
mdl04
Advanced

Originally Posted by cds4402
Nice, any plans for it?
So far my only plan is to enjoy driving the closest thing I can afford to a 60's italian/german gt car! VT route 100/Blue Ridge highway and am seriously considering shipping it to CA for a Route 1 drive. I did Rt 1 in a ford explorer and it should be redone in a cayman. I live in an area where the roads are narrow, winding, and with paralyzing traffic. More engine and less tire will only reduce the experience I'm looking for. For now I'll be looking at jacks/lifts/tools etc and possibly some kind of sat/bluetooth/iphone connectivity. And for the love of god, let it stop snowing!

And thanks to ECS for the photo resize.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Machog
Advanced

If you are going to ship it out to CA. Highway 74 from Palm Springs across the San Bernardino Mts, has some of the best roads on the planet.

I used to be a member of motorcycle club in PS and had some of the best rides of my life criss crossing the dozens of roads up there. Being California, most of the drivers will pull over if they see a bike or speedy car right up their ***.

Machog

Quick Reply: Im getting a Cayman