Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this Boxster S worth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 04:29 PM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
You're passing up a good looking car.

I fail to see the downside of car's color. You buy the car. It looks great. Your daughter hates the color and probably wouldn't be caught dead in the car. So she doesn't drive it. What's not to like? You get a great looking car all to yourself.

And in case your daughter has a change of heart, send the daughter off to college ASAP. Enjoy the car.
The daughter is several years out of college and can't drive a stick anyway, but I do generally trust her design opinions. The options the car has that I like are power seats, (bad back and this option, for some reason is very rare in the 987s I've seen), the Boxster S II 18" wheels ( those I have always liked), Bose, and of course the extra horses and brakes from my base model. the Nav and Sat radio don't care about, full leather? not really necessary to me, I 'd rather have the more performance options but it's very hard to find a used car (with low miles) that has just the options you want.
This a really nice car but has a lot of value tied up in doo- dads. Crest in the seat backs I never liked, and alot of $$$ in the GT silver and full leather.
Decisions, decisions
Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

The only option I see missing from this car is Bi-Xenon's. It has full leather, nav, memory seats....

throw some black floor mats in it, and it will look better.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:39 PM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RobSpyder
With the **** star comment, I was expecting to see electric blue paint with alcantara white interior or something. A silver car is anything but ostentatious. Classic combo, go for it.
I think I'll buy it and put a FISHNET BRA on it.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 66mustang
The only option I see missing from this car is Bi-Xenon's. It has full leather, nav, memory seats....

throw some black floor mats in it, and it will look better.
The Xenon's are one thing I'm not sure I'd want to do without. To me the Nav sytem is a waste...but I like the other options.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 PM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by meteor10
I think I'll buy it and put a FISHNET BRA on it.
Come on, fishnet bra, that's a funny image on a **** car
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Kevin Rohrer
Rennlist Member

Received 786 Likes on 514 Posts

The price isn't bad. It would be great if it came with the 6-year warranty.

Xenons are KEWL; Porsche GPS nav, not so much.

There is nothing wrong with the color, which is definitely NOT **** Star. Mennonites might object to the color , but no one else should.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Come on, fishnet bra, that's a funny image on a **** car
Sorry, missed the joke at first. I thought it was some brand of "Clear Bra" like Roadblock/Autobahnd or Expell. Too much car on the brain.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 AM
meteor10
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer
The price isn't bad. It would be great if it came with the 6-year warranty.

Xenons are KEWL; Porsche GPS nav, not so much.

There is nothing wrong with the color, which is definitely NOT **** Star. Mennonites might object to the color , but no one else should.
This is a great looking car and I certainly don't want to offend anyone with this color combo, as it is classic, but I am just not sure I wouldn't get sick of the red interior in short order. By the way ,anyone know if the red reflects as much as the sand beige in the windshield?
By the way I am certainly no Mennonite but I thought my daughters **** star reference was just funny
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Dino944
Drifting

This is a great looking car and I certainly don't want to offend anyone with this color combo, as it is classic, but I am just not sure I wouldn't get sick of the red interior in short order. By the way ,anyone know if the red reflects as much as the sand beige in the windshield?
By the way I am certainly no Mennonite but I thought my daughters **** star reference was just funny
I doubt any of us would be offended by what you say about car colors combinations. Color combinations are purely subjective. I think as long as you aren't repulsed by the color, its something to consider. As for tiring of a color I'd probably be more likely to tire of basic interior colors since you see them in most cars. But that's just me.

Dark colors (black, dark gray, maybe dark brown) reflect the least into the windshield. Red does reflect, but I am not sure if its as bad as sand.
The following users liked this post:
McSwine (12-31-2021)
Old 06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
tangram
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't comment on price (which tends to vary between Canada and the U.S.) but I personally think that is the nicest color combo you can get for that car. The red is a lot more toned down than how it looks in photos. I came very close to ordering my new Cayman in this color combo but it was basically $10K more than going with a no option color and partial leather.

I say go for it.

Quick Reply: What is this Boxster S worth?