Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a Cayman!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
how would you rate your old 996 c4s in comparison to the cayman s?
these cars are similarly-priced here.
Cayman S has much better handling, but the C4S had more power coming out of turns (I miss that).

You are right., they are similarly priced. I sold the C4S last year and used that $$$ to buy the Cayman S.

Given the choice I would choose the Cayman S because I favor handling. You can't go wrong with either. If you need to drive in rain, snow, or need a back seat for kids (kids only) then the C4S is a great choice.

I owned my C4S for 6 years (bought and sold here on RL) so it was time for a change. 6 years is forever to me, so I must have really liked it.

They are both great looking cars IMO.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you for that insight.
i am torn between them; they both look great to me and they each have their own practical attributes for street driving. the only thing that bugs me is the ims issue for the 996, although i believe there weren't many c4s affected?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 71 Posts

Here's an odd question...how do you like the cayman compared to the NSX? Lets say I get rid of the cayman in 2 years and buy an 02+ NSX. Are they even comparable?

Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver
Cayman S has much better handling, but the C4S had more power coming out of turns (I miss that).

You are right., they are similarly priced. I sold the C4S last year and used that $$$ to buy the Cayman S.

Given the choice I would choose the Cayman S because I favor handling. You can't go wrong with either. If you need to drive in rain, snow, or need a back seat for kids (kids only) then the C4S is a great choice.

I owned my C4S for 6 years (bought and sold here on RL) so it was time for a change. 6 years is forever to me, so I must have really liked it.

They are both great looking cars IMO.

Quick Reply: Bought a Cayman!