Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The problem with Porsches

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 11:02 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fast1
Medtech - I see that you own a Spyder and live in California. After I test drove the Spyder, I told the slaesman that I would buy the Spyder in a hearbeat if I lived in a part of the country where it was warm throughout the year because I would keep the top off about 95% of the time. I've driven many sports cars over the past 40 years, but the Spyder is at the top of my list as a pure sports car.
Fast1,

The Spyder is an amazing car, especially in SoCal. It is a DD for us and it's great all year round. 80% of the time I run with just the sun shade, the back panel goes on only for car washes and rain, topless a lot in the summer. My buddy has an enclosed garage and I don't think his top has been on since he bought it.

We just took a trip down to San Diego, and the Spyder was super comfortable (I have the Sport seats w/ heaters). It was neat to see all the people taking photos and video of it, and we got lots of kids screaming "mommy, daddy, it's a race car!".

Even if you don't have sun all year round, I would still recommend you pick one up, it just drives like a dream.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
Fast1,

The Spyder is an amazing car, especially in SoCal. It is a DD for us and it's great all year round. 80% of the time I run with just the sun shade, the back panel goes on only for car washes and rain, topless a lot in the summer. My buddy has an enclosed garage and I don't think his top has been on since he bought it.

We just took a trip down to San Diego, and the Spyder was super comfortable (I have the Sport seats w/ heaters). It was neat to see all the people taking photos and video of it, and we got lots of kids screaming "mommy, daddy, it's a race car!".

Even if you don't have sun all year round, I would still recommend you pick one up, it just drives like a dream.
Medtech - Two points: 1. I am really envious of you. 2. You are a far better salesman than the one that showed me the car.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 AM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Medtech - 2. You are a far better salesman than the one that showed me the car.
Fast1,

LOL...I've been told that many times.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 AM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Purchased first Porsche in 1973 (a '72 911T Targa) and am on my 5th Porsche now. Had 3 911's, 1 Boxster S, and my current '07 997 4S. There is no substitute !
Old 06-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my first Porsche over forty years ago, and of course I loved that 911. My last 911 was a 993 which I purchased in 1995. The last Porsche that I purchased was a Boxster in 2007 which I still have.

So what's the problem with Porsches? They are so dam addictive. Over the years I've test driven Vettes, BMWs, Audis, and Jags just to try something different, but they all came up short when compared to the old Porsche that I was driving, and of course the idea when buying a new car is to hopefully take a step up and not down. So I guess it's Porsche forever for me. If I want a change of pace I drive my wife's S5 which is nice, but it doesn't handle like a Porsche.
I drank the 'kool aid' long ago too!!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:04 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Abby Normal
I drank the 'kool aid' long ago too!!
But at least it comes in several flavors.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

i tell everyone i know as well.

the best new porsche is the cheapest one.........

chew on that

Quick Reply: The problem with Porsches