Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA Performance Driving School in San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:53 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PCA Performance Driving School in San Diego

The San Diego chapter of the PCA puts on a Performance Driving Shool twice a year and the Spring 2012 school will be held May 4, 5 & 6. I'm one of the instructors who helps organize the event and wanted to get the word out on RL. Any beginning/intermediate driver within a couple hours of San Diego should think about attending as it's a fantastic weekend of safe fun and excellent instruction. Registration is linked below and you must be a PCA member to sign up. Feel free to pm me any questions.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...ED2B1AB4167A18

There is a more active thread on the 993 board about the school:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ng-school.html

Thanks,
Adam
Old 02-16-2012, 06:08 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

$350 for an autocross course? I pay mid to high $200s for a day at a real race track, which includes instructors
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM
flatsixforme
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
$350 for an autocross course? I pay mid to high $200s for a day at a real race track, which includes instructors
Joe,

Just so people don't get the wrong idea I want to clarify a couple things, this is not a real track and isn't designed to be a "race car" driving school. It's geared towards beginner drivers to show them the limits of their Porsche in a safe controlled environment and more importantly to show students what it feels like when it is pushed to the limit and beyond. Our Saturday drills are done on soapy wet skidpads where we work on the basics of weight distribution/throttle steering/contact patch/car control/apexes/etc. Sunday is the AX course where we put all the skills together into AX-style lapping on a 1.2 mile course. This is great stuff for a driver wanting to better learn their own car as well as for a driver aspiring to drive on a big track. These skills will be invaluable to them being safe on a real track! Our school has been running this school for over 20 years and has sold out almost every time! I hope to see some local rennlisters out there!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Ah, that makes more sense to me now. It's a two day event. The skidpad is a great idea, and something I think I could still benefit from. Unfortunately, I live in norcal, so I'll have to bow out. This sounds like a fun time.

Quick Reply: PCA Performance Driving School in San Diego