Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Speedster

It is not in the 987 family, but I saw this unique color Speedster and had to share...

http://www.vintageautousa.com/showroom/detail?id=58
Old 12-17-2011, 01:32 AM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 63 Posts

Very nice, that's unique for sure. I have only seen the pure blue and white...
Old 12-17-2011, 06:58 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

looks very similar to the color that was on my '66 912 and again on my '72 911T

In '72 I think it was called signal orange and in '66 it was ? yellow as I remember. Color is great in the sun
Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

f4plt: I think you are thinking of 'Bahama Yellow' back in your old 1966 912! But I thought your 1972T was like the color of my 1973T - 'Signal Yellow'! The latter looks nothing like this PTS Speedster or the originial 'Bahama Gelb'. And 'Signal Orange' looks completely different too.

http://www.themotoringjournal.com/wp...9/dsc_0277.jpg

I have seen the latest 'Speedster' both in a PTS 'Black' (owned by the organizer of the 'Porsche Race Car Classic' last Oct) and in a PTS 'Guards Red' (the latter owned by a RL member 'Pogue'). PTS, seems to me, is a very expensive option to dedicate to an otherwise standard colors readily available in series production at the time. But that is just my personal opinion. This Speedster's color is certainly different, although I suspect the photography has something to do with it. It might be simply 'Speed Yellow', still a PTS for this model, but nothing too exotic. The reason I say that is that PAG has been very selective as to what colors it will allow done via PTS lately...and 'Speed Yellow' was one of the few vetted color (in terms of how it matched with metal & plastic components on the exterior to PAG's liking) in the limited production 'Spyder' PTS run.

Regards, z356 (Carmel)
Old 12-17-2011, 07:41 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
f4plt: I think you are thinking of 'Bahama Yellow' back in your old 1966 912! But I thought your 1972T was like the color of my 1973T - 'Signal Yellow'! The latter looks nothing like this PTS Speedster or the originial 'Bahama Gelb'. And 'Signal Orange' looks completely different too.

http://www.themotoringjournal.com/wp...9/dsc_0277.jpg

I have seen the latest 'Speedster' both in a PTS 'Black' (owned by the organizer of the 'Porsche Race Car Classic' last Oct) and in a PTS 'Guards Red' (the latter owned by a RL member 'Pogue'). PTS, seems to me, is a very expensive option to dedicate to an otherwise standard colors readily available in series production at the time. But that is just my personal opinion. This Speedster's color is certainly different, although I suspect the photography has something to do with it. It might be simply 'Speed Yellow', still a PTS for this model, but nothing too exotic. The reason I say that is that PAG has been very selective as to what colors it will allow done via PTS lately...and 'Speed Yellow' was one of the few vetted color (in terms of how it matched with metal & plastic components on the exterior to PAG's liking) in the limited production 'Spyder' PTS run.

Regards, z356 (Carmel)
You are so right on both years see what happens when you get old like me, you can't remember colors but I still covet your '73 Merry Chriistmas

Quick Reply: Speedster