Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)

Anyone Else Want the Red Inserts for the Sport Buckets

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011 | 09:40 AM
KAW
Track Day

Thanks Joe - I will give him a a call.

I had my alcantara seat inserts made, contact is Ted@alphabedding.com. I have a pdf brochure thats too large to upload but you can contact him. I believe they can make several colors alcantara for the GT2 2 piece buckets we have or other GT3 seats. Price was $319 for both driver and passenger seats. There are 3 separate pieces per seat.
Old 09-27-2011 | 10:14 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Kent, I've tried emailing the alphabedding multiple times, but they've never replied to any of my emails. They were my first attempt at getting new inserts. It seems this industy in general is pretty difficult to get any form of contact. Weird.

Alpha bedding is cheaper than heritage, but heritage does give you new seat cushions, and alpha did not and only gave you new covers. This probably makes up for the price difference.

Last edited by orthojoe; 09-27-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-27-2011 | 04:42 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kent thank you for posting the pics, they look great! If you have high resolution pictures I can reduce them in size for you and post them here, just send them to my email.

Joe thank you for your efforts and getting the legwork done. I'm definitely planning on doing this over the winter but I'm in no rush so maybe we can arrange a group by once the pattern and colors are confirmed.
Old 09-27-2011 | 04:53 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Afshin, I think the red inserts will look AWESOME in your black spyder
Old 09-27-2011 | 07:04 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think the red will be dramatic on the black and white cars which have black interiors. It will really add to the sporty and unique look but it won't be over the top.

Looking forward to this mod!
Old 09-27-2011 | 09:57 PM
KAW
Track Day

Here is another attempt at better pics. Front and back of the inserts. Then pics of inserts on the seats (not installed/fitted on the foam) so you get the general idea. Kent
Attached Images     
Old 09-27-2011 | 10:33 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Hmmm... The seat covers dont seem to conform to the foam cushions very well. The wrinkling is not ideal. I'm hoping heritage can do a better job. We'll find out. Thanks for the pictures, kent!

Edit: sorry kent, i just read your post more carefully. The cushions are NOT installed. You just laid the covers on the seats. Can you get us some with the cushions installed when you get a chance?
Old 09-27-2011 | 10:38 PM
KAW
Track Day

Joe - The inserts are not on the foam seats, they are just laying on top for the picture. They don't wrinkle when the foam is inserted into them. Just an FYI.
Old 09-27-2011 | 10:51 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Sorry, Kent. I realized that after I read your post more carefully. Sorry about that. When you get some time we would appreciate some pics with the cushions in. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2011 | 10:55 PM
KAW
Track Day

Im not sure i am going to keep them...so I'm not going to install them on my foam seats. Either I get new foam or sell the inserts (then that person can take a picture!)
Old 09-27-2011 | 11:01 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Makes sense. Why are you thinking of selling them? not sure of the color? Looks good to me based on the pics

I'll be sending in my stock cushions to heritage for them to replicate, so hopfully in a few weeks the cushions will be available for you.
Old 12-30-2011 | 09:11 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Joe, any progress on the red inserts? Would love to see some pictures of the inserts installed with foam in place.
Old 12-30-2011 | 09:28 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

It's been a long and ongoing process. In October I sent in my GT2RS shifter for heritage to match the red alcantara. They found a match, and in November I sent in the cushions from my passenger seats for them to make a pattern out of. The last update I received in mid-December was that they were still working on making the pattern. Good news for you guys is that once mine are made, you won't have to wait for the color match or the pattern to be made. Don't worry, you guys will be the first to see the results when I get the inserts back. I also decide to add a 'bonus' feature to the inserts. Let's just say I'm in a fairly unique position to have a set of heated carbon bucket seats using the factory seat heater switches that came with my car...

BTW, carnewal just recently started offering alcantara cushion covers for our seats. It's now offered on their website. They don't include new foam cushions though. I'm hoping heritage pulls through big time for me.

Stay tuned...
Old 12-30-2011 | 09:39 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the update. I appreciate that you're going through the trouble to get it done right.

I'm jealous of the seat heaters, very cool idea!
Old 02-24-2012 | 04:49 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Woohoo! Just got these pictures from Tony @ Heritage. The inserts are done and were shipped today. Stay tuned...

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Want the Red Inserts for the Sport Buckets