Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer frustration

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer frustration

I took my Spyder in for its 1 year Bday scheduled service. I called ahead and made an appointment. I drive there this AM and drop the car off and decided to just wait for it since it is just really an oil change. They put the car up on the rack and an hour later they tell me they do not have the filter in stock!!!!!! WTF??? They offered to go to Kragen and get one..... I said no thanks and asked for my car. Ridiculous!

Can you believe that!
I normally change the oil myself, but I want them to reset the damn service light.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Wow, I would be in absolute shock. How could a dealer not have an oil filter of all things!

I feel lucky that we have three dealer choices within a 1 hour drive so if I have an experience like this it would be the last time I made an appointment with them.

Unbelievable!
Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 PM
balakris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
I took my Spyder in for its 1 year Bday scheduled service. I called ahead and made an appointment. I drive there this AM and drop the car off and decided to just wait for it since it is just really an oil change. They put the car up on the rack and an hour later they tell me they do not have the filter in stock!!!!!! WTF??? They offered to go to Kragen and get one..... I said no thanks and asked for my car. Ridiculous!

Can you believe that!
I normally change the oil myself, but I want them to reset the damn service light.
Wait, you can't reset the maintenance light yourself?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by balakris
Wait, you can't reset the maintenance light yourself?
Nope. Durametric does not support the newer Porsches
Old 06-02-2011, 09:52 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Nope. Durametric does not support the newer Porsches
Actually, I bought the durametric for this very reason. I can't trust anyone to do anything correctly so I do it all myself. I was able to successfully reset the service light on my spyder with the durametric. Not all durametric functions will work, though. I am unable to pull up over-rev report.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

To get over-rev readings you'll need the PRO version. The cheap version provides some measure of functions and you can only add (3) Porsches. You can also call them and trade-in your cheap version for the PRO version.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:36 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Actually, if you look at their website, the enthusiast (cheap) version will read over-revs. You are correct that you can only use the cable on 3 porsches, though.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

This is news to me. When I called them directly, they said since it is a 2011 it would not work (Service Light). If it does work, I'll buy one. I have a lift in my garage. The only reason I was going to the dealer was for the service light reset.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:14 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Correct. Their official statement is that it will not work because they have not started any testing. I was willing to be a guinea pig and I can confirm with 100% certainty that you CAN reset the service light with the durametric 6.0 software/cable on a boxster spyder. There are a couple of other functions that work as well. I haven't tried actuating the ABS system for a full brake bleed yet, which was the other reason I wanted to get the cable...
Old 06-03-2011, 05:23 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Plavan, I took my Cayman Cabriolet S into Sunset last year for its 1 year oil change. Came and picked it up at the end of the day.... No filter too!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:14 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Good news. Tried actuating the ABS pump today with the durametric, and that works as well. I'm in the process of bleeding the lines on my spyder after a ss line and gt3 master cylinder install...
Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is news to me. When I called them directly, they said since it is a 2011 it would not work (Service Light). If it does work, I'll buy one. I have a lift in my garage. The only reason I was going to the dealer was for the service light reset.
Cmon now.. the dealer had a lift and a tool ... just make sure you have a filter

Quick Reply: Dealer frustration