Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Error Code 0521

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Mikie CS
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error Code 0521

09 CS w/PDK. Just did an ECU flash, and all is fine except new error code. Has anyone seen error code 0521 - oil pressure monitoring defective? My suspicion is its not coincidence.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM
KS-CS
Racer

What kind of ECU flash did you have? Did you make any other mods to the engine? If not, it certainly sounds like an error in the software (especially since I'm not even sure that the Cayman engine has an oil pressure sender). I would recommend contacting the company that wrote the flash.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Ektoras01
2nd Gear

Hi guys
I have a gen2 2.9 Cayman PDK and I yesterday retrofitted the "sports chrono" system on it at the porsche dealership(It is a Porsche software, not a third party flash). It was basically a software modification and a new panel to give me the sports and sports plus buttons. Very simple. The dealer told me that he also upgraded a few other things while at it(also software modifications). When i got the car back and drove off, i got the "oil pressure monitoring defective" signal. I am contacting you guys here because I thought it sounds similar the problem of Mikie above. Does anyone have any indication of where the problem lies?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Ektoras01
Hi guys
I have a gen2 2.9 Cayman PDK and I yesterday retrofitted the "sports chrono" system on it at the porsche dealership(It is a Porsche software, not a third party flash). It was basically a software modification and a new panel to give me the sports and sports plus buttons. Very simple. The dealer told me that he also upgraded a few other things while at it(also software modifications). When i got the car back and drove off, i got the "oil pressure monitoring defective" signal. I am contacting you guys here because I thought it sounds similar the problem of Mikie above. Does anyone have any indication of where the problem lies?
Not off hand. But since you had the work done at a dealer take the car back and let the dealer sort out the cause.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:50 AM
Ektoras01
2nd Gear

Thx for the reply macster. Yep, have done that, and he ordered a new pressure sensor to be installed next week. I am just afraid whether it is a software upgrade incompatibility rather than an actual sensor failure(otherwise, i am thinking, it would have displayed it before the software upgrade). I guess we' ll know soon.
Will let you know how it turns out.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Ektoras01
Thx for the reply macster. Yep, have done that, and he ordered a new pressure sensor to be installed next week. I am just afraid whether it is a software upgrade incompatibility rather than an actual sensor failure(otherwise, i am thinking, it would have displayed it before the software upgrade). I guess we' ll know soon.
Will let you know how it turns out.
Since the software upgrade was done at the dealer, is a factory software upgrade to support a factory feature, if there is an incompatibility that the dealer/factory can't resolve the feature is not something the dealer can do and do it to the quality you expect.

Thus if this can't get resolved I think the feature needs to be removed and the car put back the way it was and your money refunded, unless the 'fine print' of the purchase order when you ordered this feature stated that there was no warranty on the suitabilty of this feature to your car.

IOWs, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

But before anything see what the dealer can do. I'm sure you were led to believe this feature would be seamless in its integration into the car and besides its obvious benefits be transparent to you at all other times. Remind the dealer of this if it balks...

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Error Code 0521