Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this a good deal: $50K for a 2009 Boxster S (executive car)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 06:39 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Make sure you review a print-out off the DME and look at the 6 ranges of over-revs.
Your suggestion is right on if it were a 6 speed but unless there is a massive failure of the PDK you cannot over rev that transmission Rev limiter will stop it on the way up and on downshifts it will not let you by-pass a gear. If you hold the downshift paddle ( button or shift lever) to command continual downshifts it will step down very quickly and go no further than the lowest gear that still keeps the revs in range. After driving stick for over 50 years I am impressed every day on how crisp and smart the PDK is. Easy to say this about a transmission on the road but it is even better and smarter on the track.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
Thank you. I'm having my A4 serviced there on Monday and will have a better look. One encouraging this is that they have two identical "executive cars". Same color and same options. The only difference is one has 3,500 miles and the other has 3,600 miles. So, I imagine when these cars hit a certain mileage, they're put up for sale (as opposed to it being in a wreck, repaired, and then put up for sale).
Could be a loaner from the service dept!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Allan Gibbs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my wife's A4 serviced there today and, well, looks like the dealer is firm on the $50K price. Also, the vehicle has been inspected for CPO but does not have a CPO warranty. The warranty is an additional $1,900. So, I'd be looking at $52K ($57K with CA taxes and registration) for the 2009 Boxster S (that original MSPRed at $75K and is a "executive car").

I refuse to roll over the final 4 payments of my current car so unless the dealer's willing to absorb that via $2,000 off on their 2009 Boxster S, I won't even considering it. But, if they did agree to absorb my final lease payments (which go down each month), I'm really not sure if I should take it.

I noticed inventory on new Boxster S is getting thinner and this car does have the color I really like (Ruby Red). On the other hand, Porsche will absorb my final 4 payments if I lease a new 2011. There just aren't too many other there and I haven't found many dealers willing to go much lower than MSRP.

I have a suspicion that, over the past 2-3 years, these dealers were surviving by the skin of their teeth. Now that the economy and car sales are picking up, their less flexible on pricing. And I can understand that. But, I get a feeling that, for the purchase of this 2009 Boxster S, I can probably get a new 2011 Boxster S lease and have Porsche cover my last 4 payments. I would probably have to settle for the typical black or silver color (which I'm not really too fond of).
Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would echo exactly what you have observed regarding dealer survival....it appears it is time to raise prices as a result of increased consumer confidence and the resultant increase in purchases.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal: $50K for a 2009 Boxster S (executive car)