Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New order help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 167 Posts

Cayman - some very interesting choices. I didn't realize you could do both. What interior items are part of the full leather package (the one for $2395)? Which plastic pieces looked the worst?

Love the white black. I looked over and over again on the platinum. In the showroom it looked great. Outside it really changes color. Can't say that I really liked it, too tan or gold colored.

On the paint to sample, I am curious what color you would like? The one that really struck me, where I would love to see the car, can't say that I would order it, is the Nordic Gold Metallic. With the Black Spyder wheels it would be very cool albeit maybe a little too lambo-ish...
Old 12-12-2010, 03:33 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,697 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Cayman - some very interesting choices. I didn't realize you could do both. What interior items are part of the full leather package (the one for $2395)? Which plastic pieces looked the worst?

Love the white black. I looked over and over again on the platinum. In the showroom it looked great. Outside it really changes color. Can't say that I really liked it, too tan or gold colored.

On the paint to sample, I am curious what color you would like? The one that really struck me, where I would love to see the car, can't say that I would order it, is the Nordic Gold Metallic. With the Black Spyder wheels it would be very cool albeit maybe a little too lambo-ish...
Standard Interior
Upper Dash = Plastic
Lower Dash = Plastic
Steering Wheel = Leather
Center Console/Leg Bolsters = Plastic
Shifter/Boot = Leather
Handbrake Level = Leather
Upper Door Panels = Plastic
Lower Door Panels = Leather
Door Handle = Leather
Inner Roll Bar = Plastic

Full Leather Interior
Upper Dash = Leather
Lower Dash = Leather
Steering Wheel = Leather
Center Console/Leg Bolsters = Leather
Shifter/Boot = Leather
Handbrake Level = Leather
Upper Door Panels = Leather
Lower Door Panels = Leather
Door Handle = Leather
Inner Roll Bar = Leather

Alcantara Package
Steering Wheel = Alcantara
Shifter/Boot = Alcantara
Handbrake Level = Alcantara

Additiona Alcantara Package
Lower Door Panels = Alcantara
Door Handle = Alcantara

Seats are the same with or without the above packages.

As for Paint to Sample (BTW which is still not available), I would order Suzuka Grey (Audi).
Old 12-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

I would add all the other alcantara options ....
Old 12-12-2010, 10:26 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Cayman - thanks for all that detail. That makes the full leather an easy yes decision for me. I googled the Suzuka Grey, very cool color.

Do you know if the thicker steering wheel with the alcantara package is the same steering wheel as the 3 spoke with the paddle shifters? I think it might be, with just the different material.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Cayman - thanks for all that detail. That makes the full leather an easy yes decision for me. I googled the Suzuka Grey, very cool color.

Do you know if the thicker steering wheel with the alcantara package is the same steering wheel as the 3 spoke with the paddle shifters? I think it might be, with just the different material.

For the Cayman R it is, but for the Spyder it isn't. The Spyder Alcantara wheel is the same wheel design as standard.

It might change for 2012 MY though (if they continue it). The Spyder is still in 2011MY.

I special ordered a Audi TTS with Suzuka Grey paint! I loved it!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:35 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Okay, thanks. Congrats on the TTS! I spend a lot of time up in Montana and Idaho and when I saw that Suzuka Grey it reminded of looking up at the clouds in big sky country. Very cool, great choice. Enjoy.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Cayman thank you for posting the full leather description, this is very helpful. I've been wondering if I needed to add additional leather to cover the dash but it appears that it is included in the full leather option. This will save me some money since ultimately I wanted the dash and console in leather.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:59 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Cayman - you really got me thinking about the Cream/Cocoa combination. I put one together in the configurator with with black wheels and PCCB. I think it looks best in the sports seats full leather. The alcantara inserts look out of place with that interior. From what z356 was saying in prior posts I don't think that there many of these out there. I love the white black but I it may be nice to be a little different albeit at a higher price point...
Old 12-13-2010, 05:33 AM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Old 12-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Cream Exterior would also look great with a black interior and black wheels. I've seen the Cream with Black wheels in person on a 997 Targa and it looked stunning. Here is a shot.....
Attached Images   
Old 12-13-2010, 10:20 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Marine Blue - thanks for sending along those shots. It is a really nice color. What I thought was interesting is that when you select the cream color it is the only one where the seat belts and door pulls are dark (black) like the leather. All the other choices seem to have the seat belts and pulls standout in a contrasting color, red being most often. I would be curious to see it with the deviated stitching for the dash, doors and seats. Could be cool...
Old 12-13-2010, 09:38 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Based upon everyone's input I have made a few small changes since I posted my first order configuration. Some of the input came from friends who are car nuts but not rennlist members. I appreciate everyone's input. When I get it I will post some pictures. Thanks again.

White/Black, Full leather, PCCB, PSE, Sport Shifter, Sports seats, Fire extinguisher, floor mats and no lithium. Sticker $76,090.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sports seats instead of Sport Buckets?
Old 12-13-2010, 09:58 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Sports seats instead of Sport Buckets?
Yeah... I'm shocked about that too. I thought you were going for all performance options?!?! Buckets alone save a lot.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 235 Likes on 134 Posts

Based upon everyone's input I have made a few small changes since I posted my first order configuration. Some of the input came from friends who are car nuts but not rennlist members. I appreciate everyone's input. When I get it I will post some pictures. Thanks again.

White/Black, Full leather, PCCB, PSE, Sport Shifter, Sports seats, Fire extinguisher, floor mats and no lithium. Sticker $76,090.
Please rethink the bucket seats instead of sports seats.

Quick Reply: New order help