Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with windows!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 PM
bill930p
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need help with windows!!!

I need to reset the power windows. Th drives side does not go up when door is closed. I've heard 3 diffrent ways to reset this (one from the dealer) non of which work.

Here's what the owners manual says:

Storing end position of the windows
If the battery is disconnected and reconnected,
the windows will not be raised automatically when
the door is closed.
1. Close the windows with the rocker switch once.
2. Press front half of rocker switch again to store
the end position of the windows in the control
unit.

What does number 2 mean? What is the front half of rocker switch? Who wrote this?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by bill930p
I need to reset the power windows. Th drives side does not go up when door is closed. I've heard 3 diffrent ways to reset this (one from the dealer) non of which work.

Here's what the owners manual says:

Storing end position of the windows
If the battery is disconnected and reconnected,
the windows will not be raised automatically when
the door is closed.
1. Close the windows with the rocker switch once.
2. Press front half of rocker switch again to store
the end position of the windows in the control
unit.

What does number 2 mean? What is the front half of rocker switch? Who wrote this?
From the factory manual, to reset the limit position of the windows the procedure is lower the window completely.

Then with the window completely down, press and hold the rocker switch to raise the window and once the window is all the way up release the switch. Then press the switch's raise position again (the "front half") to store the limit position in the control module.

Repeat for the other window.

If your car has DME ME 7.2 you will need to give the e-Gas control system a chance to adapt.

Turn the ignition key to on but do not start the engine and do not touch the gas pedal. Leave the switch on for 60 seconds. After 60 seconds turn the switch off and wait at least 10 seconds. The throttle unit's adapation is complete.

When you start the engine though the engine controller will have to relearn idle speed and mixture adaption values. These are lost when battery power removed. The engine might run a bit rough and have some idle hunting for a moment or two upon first start after loss of battery power but the engine's behavior should quickly improve and the symptoms should *not* be there at subsequent engine starts.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Need help with windows!!!