Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch cable got squashed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:25 AM
EL GT2
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch cable got squashed...

I was changing brake pads and bleeding brake fluid in my Cayman S yesterday and when I was lowering the jack on the 1 side, the jackstand under the driver's front jacking point slipped off and squashed the clutch cable and a thicker blue cable.

The car still drives but I noticed the clutch effort feels about 3x more. Has anyone ever "uncrimped" a clutch cable before and gotten it to work normally again? As for the blue cable, thought it may be an air conditioning line - not sure what it is. The ac is working fine. Any thoughts / suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Dave DE
Racer

The cayman has a hydraulic clutch, so there shouldn't be a clutch cable. Clutch hydraulic line perhaps? If so, sounds to me like it should be replaced and the clutch hydraulic system bled.

Sorry to hear of your problem. Hope you can get it taken care of OK.

Dave
Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

some times you can uncrimp them by taking plyers and squeezing it round again...cant hurt to try...dont know what the blue one is
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
bigwong
Track Day

If it is the hydraulic clutch line that was crushed, it may be able to be uncrushed but do you want to? Crushing the line weakens it at the crush point. Uncrushing does not repair the weak spot. I would replace ASAP. There is the possibility of pushing on the clutch pedal and having fluid squirt out instead, which means no clutch until repaired.

Quick Reply: Clutch cable got squashed...