Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much to offer dealer on a 08 Boxster RS 60

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I did not buy it yet. How important it is to have the Automatic climate control

THe Rs 60 i was looking at it, does not have this auto feature

The PSE on the RS 60 , does it cut off between 20-40 mph ?

Thanks
Old 06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9

Thanks
I believe it cuts off between 25 and 50mph, but it can easily be modified to eliminate the cuffoff of the PSE.

As for auto climate control, I personally don't see a huge difference in it, but thats just me. While my car has it, I've never thought it was a make or break option for me.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 06-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
took mine to the Friday practice session of the montreal F1. on the way home came up an autoroute with 20' plus concrete walls and overpasses every 300 metres or so.

sport exhaust on, windows down and 2nd gear around 5k rpm's with blips up to redline under every overpass.

not quite the sound of those F1 engines but "priceless". so much fun i would have turned around and done it again if i had more time!
Hey Cpa4S,

Sounds like you had a great time. The other week I got to go under a few long overpasses with the top down and PSE on...it left me grinning ear to ear!

Best regards,
Dino
Old 06-14-2010, 12:17 AM
lithium1330
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks
See my earlier post where someone is selling a '08 RS (<9k miles) for $42k?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

In January I made an offer of 50k on a brand new one in NYC. They would have taken 53k but allowed me 4k less than my trade was worth. I agree 45~48k w the CPO and you bought a nice car. If you can find one for 43k, jump on it. I own an 987S and wish I had the PASM suspension, it improves the ride quality for the better IMO
Old 06-15-2010, 11:28 PM
casaforte9
Racer

1) the car car has no nav, is it possible to add for a decent price a third party in-dash nav?

2) Are u guys saying offer 45-48k with CPO plus state tax and see what the dealer has to say?

3) CPO worth it on a 2 yr. old car? or get an extended warranty after the orig warranty expires

4) PSE: is the sport exhaust on the rs60 the same sound as u can get on aDFI engine boxster S ?

wondering because we tried a PSE on a PDK 911 dfi engine and it was disappointing

Thanks for all of your advice
Old 06-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

1) the car car has no nav, is it possible to add for a decent price a third party in-dash nav? (get a Garmin for $150, works just as well if not better, take it down when you don't need it)2) Are u guys saying offer 45-48k with CPO plus state tax and see what the dealer has to say? (start lower but 45k is a very good deal)

3) CPO worth it on a 2 yr. old car? or get an extended warranty after the orig warranty expires ( better for resale if you don't plan on keeping it)

4) PSE: is the sport exhaust on the rs60 the same sound as u can get on aDFI engine boxster S ? (doubt it, different motor, I have it on my 08 S and rarely use it but I like the stock sound)
wondering because we tried a PSE on a PDK 911 dfi engine and it was disappointing (911 and Boxster, different animals)

Just my opinion Oh and BTW, don't worry about auto climate control it works great without it and you don't have to fiddle with it all the time.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Dino944
Drifting

1) the car car has no nav, is it possible to add for a decent price a third party in-dash nav?

2) Are u guys saying offer 45-48k with CPO plus state tax and see what the dealer has to say?

3) CPO worth it on a 2 yr. old car? or get an extended warranty after the orig warranty expires

4) PSE: is the sport exhaust on the rs60 the same sound as u can get on aDFI engine boxster S ?

wondering because we tried a PSE on a PDK 911 dfi engine and it was disappointing

1) I have heard of people installing aftermarket nav systems in Boxsters, but I don't like the idea of aftermarket electronic stuff in my dashboard, thats just my personal preference.

2) You have nothing to lose by making an offer on the car, worst that happens is the dealer says no.

3) You'd want to know what kind of extended warranty you would be getting, who is it from (is it from Porsche), cost, any deductible, what is covered. The CPO warranty goes from the original "in service date" to six years or 100,000 miles which ever comes first and everything is covered (except wear and tear items). I like the idea of a warranty from Porsche, no hassels it just gets dealt with by the nearest Porsche dealer. There are some reputable aftermarket extended warranties, but some can be a real hassel in terms of paperwork, arguing about what is covered, and you have to hope they haven't gone under when you need to make a claim.

4) I have not heard a DFI Boxster S with PSE to compare to a RS60's PSE. The normal sound of the non-DFI engine is fine, but I greatly prefer the sound of it with PSE.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the right one/car for you? Does it have the options you want? IMHO I don't think so. Do a little more search and expand to other cities/states. You may just find the one you want.

Secondly you're making a purchase right when prices peaks for this type of car. During fall/winter you'd be shocked at how low some sellers advestize.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:40 AM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know where you're located but here's one that may have the options you're looking for.

Has a little more miles but does have Factory Nav and priced lower than the one you're looking at. 50k.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/1789069219.html
Old 06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
lithium1330
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I would ask yourself whether you would be interested in modifying the car after you buy it. If so, don't worry about finding a car with factory 19" wheels, PASM, PSE, etc. That will help you be more flexible with your search and gives you the opportunity to customize the car to your liking.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:10 PM
casaforte9
Racer

if a car has less than 10 K miles and 2 more years of warranty, is it worth to get the CPO?

my guess is with a CPO certification, dealer ay not chnage tires as they have to be worn more than 50%

and also I guess clutch is not covered under CPO

Quick Reply: How much to offer dealer on a 08 Boxster RS 60