Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many miles on your 987?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My 05 2.7L has 39k on the clock with only minor issues over the past 7k miles of ownership. The front control module blew one weekend when I gave it a nice static discharge while waxing the hood. Other than that just a broken fresh air vent and a new head unit when the CD player died.

I've one year of warranty left and I'll either perform the LN engineering IMS upgrade or change cars. The car is making a strange noise right now in the rear thats in sync with engine RPMs. I'm about to upload a video to youtube to see what everyone thinks in another post...
Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Type_LT
My 05 2.7L has 39k on the clock with only minor issues over the past 7k miles of ownership. The front control module blew one weekend when I gave it a nice static discharge while waxing the hood. Other than that just a broken fresh air vent and a new head unit when the CD player died.

I've one year of warranty left and I'll either perform the LN engineering IMS upgrade or change cars. The car is making a strange noise right now in the rear thats in sync with engine RPMs. I'm about to upload a video to youtube to see what everyone thinks in another post...
If you have a one year warranty left, take her to the dealership and start the process of documentation or getting her fixed... If you have IMS issues replace the part with LN, if not, leave it alone and same the $.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just past 67K mi. on my '06 987S. Repairs: minor coolant leak, front control arm bushings, inner tie rod ends. I replaced the rear tires 1K mi. ago, fronts still have thread but are hard as rock.

Quick Reply: How many miles on your 987?