Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Design Edtion 2 Where are you

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:14 AM
GTA_G20
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

collie was yourcar on ebay? I watched that car with those rims in Naples for awhile
Old 05-05-2010, 01:17 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,185 Likes on 1,476 Posts

Yes, that's mine. I was play-bidding on Fleabay and it didn't meet reserve. Dealer called me up a few days later and offered it to me at $ 19K off MSRP, I just couldn't pass that deal up.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
GTA_G20
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great deal its a beautiful car, I should've pulled the trigger I won't find one like that again. Enjoy it
Old 05-10-2010, 03:43 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to let you know, here in Quebec, there are three Porsche dealers. Two of which have brand spanking new PDE2's on their lot since delivery (Lauzon and Charlebough). From what I see, zero miles.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:27 AM
phraca
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default #193

Originally Posted by cas951
I know there's only 500 of these made and only 50 are for sale in North America. I only know of a couple of owners in the US so far. One in Virginia and the other in Pittsburg. The last two that I knew for sale (Louisville and Newport) both sold recently.

So now where are the PDE2's? I'll start first. Provide whatever info you want.

1. Serial# 213 Santa Clara, Ca
I’m 12 years late to this thread, but I just bought #193 with about 40k miles. I had no idea there were only 32 sold in the US. I’ve been searching the forum looking for more info.
Old 06-21-2022, 10:58 PM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by phraca
I’m 12 years late to this thread ... I had no idea there were only 32 sold in the US. I’ve been searching the forum looking for more info.
Me too! Mine is #137 originally bought in Tennessee but after ~5 years it was imported into Canada (only 18 of the 50 were sent there) by the same Porsche Dealer that I bought it from. Totally white with white painted roll bars. I had the front striping re-done (advantage of not being painted on) as some peeled off with the original PPF removal. The car is now effectively 'dipped' in PPF (up to doors) 😁
Wasn't sure about the white ... until you see it in person. The car is a standout and drives like one too! I am keeping it original with the exception of adding a rear speaker deck and aftermarket head unit. Also, I love the white wheels!
Old 06-21-2022, 11:53 PM
phraca
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bxstrCA
Me too! Mine is #137 originally bought in Tennessee but after ~5 years it was imported into Canada (only 18 of the 50 were sent there) by the same Porsche Dealer that I bought it from. Totally white with white painted roll bars. I had the front striping re-done (advantage of not being painted on) as some peeled off with the original PPF removal. The car is now effectively 'dipped' in PPF (up to doors) 😁
Wasn't sure about the white ... until you see it in person. The car is a standout and drives like one too! I am keeping it original with the exception of adding a rear speaker deck and aftermarket head unit. Also, I love the white wheels!
I went down a bit if internet rabbit hole on this edition last night. There are tons of photos, videos, and sales listings online, many of which show the serial number. I’ve been toying with the idea of creating a database of as many of them as I can find, with links to photos, videos, etc.

I noticed many of the cars (mine included) do not have the white wheels. I don’t know if it was possible to spec them differently, or if they have just been changed out over the years.

I’ve been toying with the idea of changing out the head unit to something with Apple car play. I’m curious as to what you put in and how much of a tear up it was? I’d like to be able to put the original back in if/when I ever decide to sell it.
Old 06-22-2022, 06:16 PM
bxstrCA
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, I was confused by the white wheels too. I don't see why a purchaser couldn't have paid to have different wheels put on it - the dealer wouldn't have had an issue, I bet. The brake dust thing is not that big a deal - my previous boxster with turbo twist wheels would show the dirt after one drive too. I may get the wheels ceramic coated and that will help immensely.
As for the head unit. They have nothing with tactile ***** any longer (pet peeve) so I went with a Pioneer 4660NEX which has wireless and wired CarPlay and Android Auto. My previous Porsche had a DSP stereo, which was nice. I am a musician so sound is important (even considering it's a convertible etc.). The original system was just awful; surprisingly bad. I swapped the ASK amp and Head unit, grabbed a BOSE rear speaker deck from salvagers and left all the speakers as is. The resulting sound is wonderful. the speakers in the doors and dash are quite good as is and I'm very pleased. I followed the setup found here and just mounted the amp cleanly in the frunk. I can retrofit the head unit, DVD NAV and amp if I need to because I didn't cut anything. What I don't like is not having the ability to play CDs or tape cassettes (yes, you read that right) and having to depend on streaming. Such, is progress 😔

Quick Reply: Porsche Design Edtion 2 Where are you