Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S and the Dupont Registry

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 03:22 AM
CoolBreeze
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman S and the Dupont Registry

As I stated in my introductory post, I am in the market right now for a Cayman S. My home state is South Carolina, and I have found that the dealerships here including Hendrick in Charlotte which is an hour from me) is lacking in inventory at the moment. I have used several different search engines including the Dupont Registry. Has anybody used the Dupont Registry and could comment? I saw some really good deals on some M/Y 2008 and 2009, which is what I'm looking for.

I will not be back in the States until the end of January, but I'd like to finalize on a deal before I return home. Should I wait it out another month or so and see if the deals on '09s become more lucrative?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Mike
Old 11-19-2009, 05:35 AM
KS-CS
Racer

Welcome Mike! If you are looking for a great sports car, you won't be disappointed with the CS.

You might want to consider contacting Hendrick by email or phone, and let them know what you're interested in (they may have new cars coming in over the next couple of months, or can look/trade around for your choice). You might drop the hint that you're checking with other dealers on the east coast as well, for the best deal.

I doubt that waiting another month will make a big difference in deals. Based on the recent experience of others I've read about on the forums, I would expect that you should be able to get at least 10% off MSRP for a 2009, and probably a good deal more if you can find any 2008s still around (most of those are likely to be demo/loaner cars if still "new").

I'm not too familiar with the Dupont Registry, but I thought it was primarily geared towards high-end used cars; don't know if it is the best site to search for new Caymans or not.

Good luck with your hunt . . .
Andrew
Old 11-19-2009, 07:08 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Caymans were over produced when they first came out in 2006, a new car not yet appreciated. This resulted with many on dealers lots for a long time. Some dealers still have 2008 cars in inventory although discounts have reduced the supply. Porsche got wise and went back to their roots marketing concept of always having "demand just above supply". As a result there are less Caymans generation 2 (2009-2010) "in inventory', at least in my area. Production has also been scaled back. That said I would agree with the previous poster and recommend you call the dealer you want to work with and get them busy hunting down the car you want. Even with the reduced supply most dealers will still discount some because of the economy. Good luck
Old 11-19-2009, 08:50 AM
CoolBreeze
6th Gear

I appreciate the info guys, I'll be getting in touch with Hendrick this weekend. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Cayman S and the Dupont Registry