Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S Design Edition 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 11:13 AM
CoolBreeze
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman S Design Edition 1

What do you guys think? I got an email back from the dealer saying it was still available. Can you offer something a little lower on a vehicle such as this, or is that price going to remain firm? I'm taking in account I would need to have this vehicle shipped to me as well.

Any info/advice would be very much appreciated.

Rare 2008 Porsche Cayman S Design Edition 1 with only 777 being produced with Custom Design Instrument Cluster the Body is Lowered 10mm the body is stripped in a satin Porsche Design Naming On the Body. You benefit from the 296hp Flat 6, Painted Center Tunnel and Rear Shelf. Power Seat Package, Sport Chrono Plus Package, BOSE Sound System, Heated Front Seats, Alcantara Headliner. Each Porsche Design 1 came with a Porsche Brief Case, Sunglasses and Watch you will also get a chance to experience these same items. This is your opportunity to own a Extremely Rare Design 1 Porsche. Extended Warranties and Financing are Available. Trades Welcomed. Inquire today about this vehicle or any other of our Pristine Luxury Vehicles.

Mileage: 5565

Price: $54,995

Stock#: BU10181

Exterior: BLACK-Design Edt

Vin#: WP0AB29818U781490

Interior: Black

Body Style: 2dr Car

Engine: 3.4,I6

Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Make: Porsche

Model: Cayman
Old 11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Why pay a perimium for a Design Edition, I am never understood its value add frankly. Caymans are not rare vehicles and having a DE I doesn't make them any rarer.

I believe you can find a CS with around 15-20K mi. that is still under warranty for around $35-40K depending on its condition.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:28 PM
KS-CS
Racer

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
Why pay a perimium for a Design Edition, I am never understood its value add frankly. Caymans are not rare vehicles and having a DE I doesn't make them any rarer.

I believe you can find a CS with around 15-20K mi. that is still under warranty for around $35-40K depending on its condition.
Well, I guess if you throw in the Porsche Design briefcase, watch, and sunglasses, that should be good for another $10K right?

Seriously, it might be worth $1-2K more than a non-D.E.1 Cayman in similar condition with the same options (and that's only if all the Porsche Edition goodies they throw in are NIB).
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 PM
CoolBreeze
6th Gear

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments.

Quick Reply: Cayman S Design Edition 1