Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help - crashed car..

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 04:17 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I couldnt tell if you are being serious or sarcastic with:

Are Porsche dealers on top of things???? Oh yeah.....that's why they can service the cars that we can drive as they were designed to be driven...don't let lazy, scumbag service, body repair people take advantage of you.....

Are you saying that chances are a Porsche dealer will make repairs at or very close to orig spec?"

I was not being sarcastic, perhaps idealistic....I don't think that a Porsche dealership associated body shop and they will have to do more than just paint and polish, it will go back to dealership for some work, for example, my car went back to dealership (2 blocks) for alignment.....anyway, IMHO because Porsche's are built and meant to be driven at higher limits than say a Toyota Avalon....I think that they understand that they can not do a "hack" job...because if they do, it could come back to bite them in the arss.....JMHO....
Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

I had an accident where I my right rear tire contacted ice on a canyon road...it was 98 MBZ C280 sport package with 62000 miles on it over 7 years, book on it was as low as $9000....Allstate paid me $15K, which is what I was on the verge of selling it to someone for, but they thought I was asking too much because of book value...I said, hey...this car was mainly a 3rd car for most of it's life, and always garaged or covered (SoCal).....overmaintained...I would get my Mobil One oil changes on time not mileage schedule, and there were never any issues with it mechanically, no door dings, no rock nicks, no wheel nicks.... so I was at the right price, I think Allstate paid me high, because I signed the "I was not injured" or verbally stated, considering car rolled 2.5 times......and I was not speeding despite what my "friends" accuse me of....one way to find out who your friends are....
Old 06-06-2009, 04:00 PM
tinman
Rennlist Member

storage fees.... there is no standard....when I had my VW R32 in for work at the dealereship, sells vw's audis, bmwdubs, porsches, and I have actually never had them service my porsche...so it's not that influence, for all they know I don't have one...they are in mid-suburban SoCal...they said they would only charge me storage fees if they were scrunched for room....and I doubt that would happen because the sales side has a four story structure where they can hold probably 360 cars...and I went there to check out tail pipe clearance on my car vs a new WW R32, still available...and that floor was 30% full....
...another thing, I dred to bring this up but by your user name I assume you are a female. Some places prey on females, they are Fred Flinstones who think that men are superior and all women are easy marks to be taken, Myself, I respect some women, the ones who don't expect the "beckon call" treatment...I believe their thought process is more calculating and methodical at times especially when it comes to cars, because they do not have that "macho gotta have it" thing that men have about cars...for most women, a car is a just a transportation device....probably not for you, but let everyone know that you are not a lessor person, nor an equal, but a superior player in this world.

Quick Reply: help - crashed car..