Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Porsche going for the gay raver demographic?
Yes - Porsche is out of the closet
34.33%
No - Porsche is sticking firmly with the metrosexual customer base
65.67%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

It really IS the Gayman...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daddyscar
i don't understand why posts like this don't get deleted. it makes rennlist members look like they support gay bashing.
And here we have exhibit A, the modern man who's been fully brainwashed into believing 1) pointing out the obvious is unacceptable if it offends someone, and 2) it makes him a good person to publicly state his opposition to "gay bashing."

Let me put your mind at ease daddyscar, we all see how sensitive you are to the gay cause - your allegiance has been noted, and you can be proud to know that you've done your part. Now if only you could get that pesky carbon footprint down to zero, you would be the bestest person in the world!
Old 12-12-2008, 11:51 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

What's really interesting about this thread is the ease by which people are baited by their own insecurities a/o ideologies. The OP throws out a proposition designed to arouse a response. The respondents claim that the OP is intolerant/inappropriate/insensitive (whatever) and then he cleverly transfers the onus of intolerance/inappropriateness/insensitivity (whatever) to the respondents. The OP claims he is just joking, or poking fun at convention, but in reality the joke is on those who take the bait and emote. If one is truly offended simply don't respond, allowing the original post hang out there by itself.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

That's it, I've decided....

I'm painting my cayman pink and heading to my new home in San Francisco.
Pcar964, meet me at the usual spot in your buttless chaps...I'll have the Rose chilled.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:12 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
And here we have exhibit A, the modern man who's been fully brainwashed into believing 1) pointing out the obvious is unacceptable if it offends someone, and 2) it makes him a good person to publicly state his opposition to "gay bashing."

Let me put your mind at ease daddyscar, we all see how sensitive you are to the gay cause - your allegiance has been noted, and you can be proud to know that you've done your part. Now if only you could get that pesky carbon footprint down to zero, you would be the bestest person in the world!
Reality is plenty of people won't have the patience to read into this thread to decide what side of the fine line it falls on, pro/con gays. You purposely are trying to get a strong reaction from people and it's working. It would be unfortunate to get this thread linked to other non-car forums and give people the wrong idea about rennlist. The thread is too easily misinterpreted.

But I guess I should just relax. It's just a car forum. Hey, high-five! Let's meet at dunkin donuts and go for a fabulous drive. I just love my cayman, what's your favorite color? Mine just goes soo well denim.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:17 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by djcxxx
What's really interesting about this thread is the ease by which people are baited by their own insecurities a/o ideologies. The OP throws out a proposition designed to arouse a response. The respondents claim that the OP is intolerant/inappropriate/insensitive (whatever) and then he cleverly transfers the onus of intolerance/inappropriateness/insensitivity (whatever) to the respondents. The OP claims he is just joking, or poking fun at convention, but in reality the joke is on those who take the bait and emote. If one is truly offended simply don't respond, allowing the original post hang out there by itself.
The only one who gets it!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:18 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris R.
That's it, I've decided....

I'm painting my cayman pink and heading to my new home in San Francisco.
Pcar964, meet me at the usual spot in your buttless chaps...I'll have the Rose chilled.
I'll be there soon, just have to run to the doctor to get my blood test results...
Old 12-12-2008, 03:23 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by daddyscar
Reality is plenty of people won't have the patience to read into this thread to decide what side of the fine line it falls on, pro/con gays. You purposely are trying to get a strong reaction from people and it's working. It would be unfortunate to get this thread linked to other non-car forums and give people the wrong idea about rennlist. The thread is too easily misinterpreted.

But I guess I should just relax. It's just a car forum. Hey, high-five! Let's meet at dunkin donuts and go for a fabulous drive. I just love my cayman, what's your favorite color? Mine just goes soo well denim.
OK, well to that. And there's nothing wrong with a Cayman - it's a fun car with a great chassis, and comes in a rainbow of colors
Old 12-12-2008, 03:42 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the fact that each "non-gay" cayman owner has to qualify with the fact that he's married and how many times he's reproduced.

Personally I think gay guys are great. Fun to be around, and they usually have tons of hot chicks as friends. Good food and snappy dressers too.

It's the one's in the closet that I can't stand!

(FYI...that's usually the guy who's married w/ kids...eg. Dr Rey 90210)
Old 12-14-2008, 12:20 AM
porschepet
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default medtech

LOL!!! So you think you are FRUED or something ?

Last edited by porschepet; 12-14-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Reimu
Drifting

This thread is hilarious. Trolls biting everyone.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:16 AM
equ
Racer

Humour or otherwise... It's a thread deserving deletion. It certainly doesn't warm cayman drivers to rennlist.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:45 PM
drane
Advanced

Originally Posted by CameronKame
This thread is hilarious. Trolls biting everyone.
Rite CK, get these guys on Bin Laden before they cannabilize the entire renlist population. Happy Holidaze to all!!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:37 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by equ
Humour or otherwise... It's a thread deserving deletion. It certainly doesn't warm cayman drivers to rennlist.
Well if Cayman owners are so sensitive that they can't take the mild tongue in cheek ribbing in this thread, then they should probably be spending their free time in a therapist's office, not in online forums.

Reading the responses just reinforces my belief that pop-culture has over-sensitized the modern man to a pathetic degree. Lighten up and get a sense of humor.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:21 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by porschepet
Actually, I don't think Freud tackled Repressed Homosexuality...

BTW, if you guys hurry up and pay $17 for a membership, Pcar will give you 25% off a set of buttless leather chaps! Your choice of colors!

Last edited by medtech; 12-15-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:43 PM
facelvega
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by porschepet
Originally Posted by medtech
Actually, I don't think Freud tackled Repressed Homosexuality...
Medtech, you totally missed porschepet's point. He was not referring to Freud, father of modern psychotherapy. He was referring to FRUED! Knowledgeable motorsports enthusiasts remember Billy Joe Bob Janey Sue FRUED, the West Virginia hermaphrodite who was so successful in 1960's stock car racing. He/she was involved in a huge crash at the Bristol Motor Speedway in Tennessee with the #69 Copenhagen car, which ruptured one of FRUED's undescended *********, causing her/him to become pregnant. Rejected by his/her community for being "just too dang inbred", FRUED moved to Boston and became a professor at Harvard, lecturing on sexual identity.

P.S. FRUED's "love child" moved to Florida, bought a 964 and is a frequent poster on Rennlist....

Last edited by facelvega; 12-15-2008 at 08:52 PM.

Quick Reply: It really IS the Gayman...