Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS 60 SPYDER official rennlist registry

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue TTop
Here is a gray on gray in NY they haven't been able to unload: Gray on Gray RS 60 on eBay
There is a new silver/red at a Porsche Dealer in Boston. I believe they have had that car since the spring of 2008.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Carmin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Boxster owners and RS60 owners,

I just joined rennlist, so this is my introductory post.

I traded in a 1999 Boxster for a RS60 Spyder full gray, #1770, Silver Spring, MD

Options:
Self dimming mirrors & rain sensors
Bi-xenon
Heated seats
Windstop
Auto climate
Bose

Also, the car was on the lot and found that I could not get my hands through the wheel "spokes" on the classic wheels, so I asked for other wheels. They switched them for me to Carrera Sport wheels (or something like that).

Cosmetic mods so far:

clear side markers
RS wheel caps
I just bought an RS logo for the rid lid to replace the BoxsterS logo
and I am about to order a chrome hood crest

I could use some advice on two things. First, I could not open Cpa4S's pics on his site. Any hints? More importantly, I have no claim to have any taste in colors, design, clothes, you name it, EXCEPT for my Boxster I can get a hood crest in chrome or "black chrome" (see pcars.com). The black chrome is not black, it is a dark silver, maybe it is more accurately gray chrome. Any opinions on which would look better on GT Silver?

Good to be aboard!

Bob (I guess Carmin will show as my rennlist name)
Old 11-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

welcome on that killer colour combo - what pic's of mine could you not open?

i put a standard silver front hood crest on the car - i think i got it from MaCarbon

i was also looking at that RS logo - may buy ti and just see.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Carmin
Rennlist Member

I couldn't open the pics on your rennlist site, that is, the link that you have on your post.

I have my original BoxsterS rear logo off and plan to put the RS logo on this week. Easy job.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

still got me on the pic's carmin- not sure what site you refer to
Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 PM
Carmin
Rennlist Member

Cpa4s,

I went to

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread...e1.html#471244

from your most above but, I couldn't open any pics there.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 PM
JSD1
4th Gear

#799 (full gray) checking in from Arlington, VA.

Bought it CPO'd with about 6K miles on it and just added another 900 getting it home from the dealer this weekend, including some lengthy detours through twisty West Virginia backroads.

What a fun car! My last two cars were Audi S4s and the RS60 is just so much more fun to drive. And the sports exhaust - awesome!

As an aside, it was a good thing I had the dealer put winter wheels/tires on the car. During my WV detour, I hit a county that apparently doesn't own a snowplow! Ended up going up and down a mountain road with 3" of snow on it. Took it pretty slowly, but the car handled it just fine.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your RS60. Its really a blast to drive on nice winding roads. Not sure I'd want to drive mine in 3 inches of snow, but as long as you made it home with the car intact thats all that matters. Hope to see some pix soon.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 12-06-2009, 11:17 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

the great thing about snow is you can slide it arond like mad and not blow $2k on new tires!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Bartmack
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JSD1
#799 (full gray) checking in from Arlington, VA.

Bought it CPO'd with about 6K miles on it and just added another 900 getting it home from the dealer this weekend, including some lengthy detours through twisty West Virginia backroads.

What a fun car! My last two cars were Audi S4s and the RS60 is just so much more fun to drive. And the sports exhaust - awesome!

As an aside, it was a good thing I had the dealer put winter wheels/tires on the car. During my WV detour, I hit a county that apparently doesn't own a snowplow! Ended up going up and down a mountain road with 3" of snow on it. Took it pretty slowly, but the car handled it just fine.
Originally Posted by Dino944
Congrats on your RS60. Its really a blast to drive on nice winding roads. Not sure I'd want to drive mine in 3 inches of snow, but as long as you made it home with the car intact thats all that matters. Hope to see some pix soon.

Best regards,
Dino
Originally Posted by Cpa4S
the great thing about snow is you can slide it arond like mad and not blow $2k on new tires!

Welcome to the List! =)

The other morning I was turning left at a big intersection and just decided to have some fun... I punched it about 1/3 thru the turn and got some sweet tail wagging out of the RS 60! But Cpa4S is exactly right, the tires run about $500 each-- so I don't do that often. (..at least the front ones do, I blew one on a pothole coming out of a tunnel last year ... the back ones could be more for all I know)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:20 AM
JSD1
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Cpa4S

I love that PSM doesn't kick in right away so you can get the back end out a bit, and it will only kick in if you really get in trouble. With my old S4, the ESP would cut the throttle at the slightest hint of wheel slippage.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
russ308
1st Gear

Default PORSCHE RS 60 SPYDER

I have had my RS60 for over a year now. My name is Russ and am from Nashville, tn. I have car # 42 which is cool........same number as the original rs60 racer in factory photos. It is a red interior with a black top.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:56 AM
00r101
Racer

Originally Posted by Bartmack
Welcome to the List! =)

The other morning I was turning left at a big intersection and just decided to have some fun... I punched it about 1/3 thru the turn and got some sweet tail wagging out of the RS 60! But Cpa4S is exactly right, the tires run about $500 each-- so I don't do that often. (..at least the front ones do, I blew one on a pothole coming out of a tunnel last year ... the back ones could be more for all I know)
Someone must be buying his tires from the stealership :-( Tirerack has Pilot Sports PS2 N rated for $335f/$368r and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N rated for $255f/$286r all in the correct RS60 sizes.

Tires are expensive but not $500 each
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Bartmack
Advanced

Originally Posted by 00r101
Someone must be buying his tires from the stealership :-( Tirerack has Pilot Sports PS2 N rated for $335f/$368r and Bridgestone Potenza RE050A N rated for $255f/$286r all in the correct RS60 sizes.

Tires are expensive but not $500 each
Oh, c'mon, a Porsche dealer would NEVER gouge their own customers. lol.

Yeah, I know about tire rack, which is a great source when its time to replace them, and you just have to have them drop shipped to a good installation place.

But when you blow a tire completely out on the road, it takes a flatbed to get your car somewhere else, and if you're like me, you want it taken somewhere it will be safe and repaired properly. I had no idea if the rim had been damaged either.

So the dealer was really my best and only choice for that. (Let me add that aside from this particular experience, I detest the service dept there. The sales staff have always been spectacular, but I'd rather have a root canal than visit the service bay)
Old 02-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Bartmack
Advanced

Originally Posted by russ308
I have had my RS60 for over a year now. My name is Russ and am from Nashville, tn. I have car # 42 which is cool........same number as the original rs60 racer in factory photos. It is a red interior with a black top.
Welcome Russ!
Do you ever visit US 129 (Dragon)?

We now have 25 cars accounted for. Hard to believe there's still about 700 give or take in the US alone that are unlisted
Overall 1935 to go....

Quick Reply: RS 60 SPYDER official rennlist registry