Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Cayman Club Sport spied?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 PM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Cayman Club Sport spied?

This was just posted on Autoblog.com. I signed with my dealer over two years ago to be first on the list for this car - if it ever comes out.

The introduction of the Porsche Cayman S was met with equal parts reverence and revilement, with many criticizing Porsche's midship masterpiece as being underpowered despite a chassis that was begging for more oomph. While tuners have been swapping larger engines from the top-of-the-line 911 into the Cayman, its doubtful that Porsche's pencil pushers would risk cannibalizing sales of its 40-year old flagship. However, the idea of making an RS-version of the Cayman may be on the horizon, as this newest spy shot reveals.

The next generation Cayman – likely to be unveiled in Geneva – will feature a few minor changes keeping with Porsche's long-held tradition of slowly evolving the breed. But a lightweight, track-friendly edition might also be available in the near future. The shot above shows a new Cayman (note the drawn down headlamps) undergoing testing, with a roll cage mounted aft of the two front seats. Could it be a Club Sport version? Hopefully we'll find out in a few months.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:06 AM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very cool! I would really like to see the Cayman line reach its full potential. Let's hope this rumor is true!

-B
Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those who like searching the online photo vault, they might find it amusing to spot the other cars with the same number plate, or close to it.

R+C

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayman Club Sport spied?