Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman Club forum. Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 12:20 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
Waaaah! Still have the Cayman S. Had a friend over today and we both wrang it out. Loving the Cayman S. It is a lot easier to control then the C2S when it has its tail hanging out. Not the thrust of the C2S but close enough.
Stick in a LSD and it's even more fun!

Regarding this thread: Frankly, who cares what anybody else thinks; ie.; is the Cayman a real Porsche or not blah, blah blah... Given all of the Cayman;'s showing up at DEs relative to the number of Boxsters (that have been around a long time now), I think you will see the car earning the respect it deserves.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by morefun
Stick in a LSD and it's even more fun!

Regarding this thread: Frankly, who cares what anybody else thinks; ie.; is the Cayman a real Porsche or not blah, blah blah... Given all of the Cayman;'s showing up at DEs relative to the number of Boxsters (that have been around a long time now), I think you will see the car earning the respect it deserves.
Must be different in your region. Chicago region has Boxster's by the dozens at our events. However, Cayman's are scarce at Chicago region DE's.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bull30
Keep on searching for the mid-range torque
Still taking pot shots I see. That's okay. I hear the "America Roadster" has turbo like wall of powerful torque on tap.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:35 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray S
Still taking pot shots I see. That's okay. I hear the "America Roadster" has turbo like wall of powerful torque on tap.
Love the Roadster... Puts a smile on my face every time I drive it... I'm sure there are people feel the same way about their Caymans...
Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
you know, this reminds me of gen 1 miata and S2k's. many look down at them. quite frankly those two cars are probably the quintessential driver's cars at their best.

So very true!
Old 11-25-2007, 12:32 PM
fastkevin
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mooty
google for 911 design in LA, CA.
Loren's still around, huh? That's interesting...

Anyway, I'm looking for a track car , and the Cayman is one of two I'm considering. Googling it got me to Cayman Club. (Googling again, got me here). I've found the site to be a really good place for info. I've also found it inhabited by guys that seem to be honest, and un-biased. There's always gonna be the "I identify myself by the car I drive" A**hole(s), who don't understand why anyone would think differently then them, but that's the internet. Haven't ran into the owner, and don't know who he is, but I'm quite happy with the Cayman Club as a resource for me to use in making my decision.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:00 PM
KS-CS
Racer

I've been a member of CC since before I bought my CS in August and just recently joined the Rennlist. While I appreciate the wealth of information here, I find it just isn't as well organized with respect to model-specific (i.e. Cayman) questions and info.

I have been a member of a number of different car forums on the web and find that CC is really not much different from the model-specific Subaru/Mini/Lexus forums I have been on, with respect to the behavior of moderators, some members, etc.

While the founder of CC is a dominant force there (it is his website afterall), I have not personally seen evidence of excessive control or influence on his part with respect to the day to day postings or opinions voiced - and I certainly have learned a lot about Caymans there. It's the first place I go to look for answers to my questions.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

i am a regular poster on the CC but I do have to say that if you want real track info it is better to ask questions in the DE section on this site. I do a lot of DE events and have done a few mods aimed at track events and therefore I am a source of info along with a few others. I have never had a problem with Ken at CC, yes they push sponsers a little hard, but it is nice to have a forum that is all cayman.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:38 PM
McGarrett
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cayman Club ponders Rennlist.

http://www.caymanclub.net/cayman-cha...-rennlist.html
Old 12-22-2007, 10:33 AM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thread, I contemplated a Cayman before my 996, but already being a Boxster owner and keeping my ear to the ground long before the release of the Cayman I was not pleased with the marketing choices Porsche made building it. But I still think it is one hell of a car. But to get to the point, being a Boxster owner first I found the Boxster forum on rennlist to be a graveyard. Good for you guys that there is a great forum for your car, if I convert to the fold I will definitely be checking out CC.

It's too bad more owners didn't make the model specific threads their own and tell the flamers where to go, rather than getting into arguments with them, remember flames need oxygen.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:34 AM
YankMyLicenseYellow
8th Gear

I am a frequent Cayman Club visitor. The "American Roadster" guy really turned me off, so I cut short my time around here. I have plenty of friends and relatives with 993, 996, and 997 cars of all types. My brother drives a 690...soon to be 800HP 997TT. None of the guys I know who know anything about Caymans feel anything but respect for the car. I am on my second right now. Went from a 2.7 to a 3.4 that is getting LSD, suspension and about 25 more HP. I have never met a single person at a track who didn't walk away impressed with the car.

The Cayman Club is tightly moderated, but over all it is a great site.

I have had run-ins with a couple of moderators...but they keep the place purring along.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:04 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It feels like an HOA to me.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:43 PM
YankMyLicenseYellow
8th Gear

"It feels like an HOA to me."

That is hilarious and spot on.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:27 AM
McGarrett
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
It feels like an HOA to me.
That's perfect. +1
Old 02-21-2008, 09:57 AM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

HOA = Home Owners Association???? Just checking? If so that would be an appropriate description.

Quick Reply: Cayman Club forum. Is it just me?