Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman Club forum. Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks Joel. I'm probably not going to get to the track this year as much as I'd like but I like to have as much info as possible going in with a new car. What are your toe settings? Also, are you using the PFC rotors?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
YZ250
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

After almost 2 years, I stopped going to CC because of the heavy-handed moderation and over-bearing for-profit commentary by the owner.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

But they call them donations. I don't understand this. If you offer a service people are willing to pay for then charge for it if you want but guilting people into paying you seems like an odd business model. I guess it works though, you see polls all the time saying I just "donated" $25 because someone mentioned something on the site I could find out from the dealer or manual. Hmmm, maybe I should start asking for donations in my business.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:20 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by STLPCA
Here, I received divisive, bigoted, elitist crap from a handful of loud mouthed a-holes posting sophomoric Gayman comments and telling me why I was an idiot to even consider buying a CS.
Unfortunately, that's why sites like PPBB, CC and others thrive. Boxster's often get the "hairdresser" tag and Cayman's get the "Gayman" tag and suprise suprise, enthusiasts of those cars turn away to other boards (and as a result are under represented here).

However, the 996 and 997 boards are really thriving here now and there seem to be less of the "handful" you mentioned.

Those that left should give RL another shot as many of those old attitudes have been changing.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:16 AM
michel944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is soooooo stupid ! A good car is a good car, never mind that hairdressers or "gays" seem to like them !!!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

My RS has been in the shop all week for a seal repair. I have been driving the snot out of a Cayman S six speed and loving it. It is every bit a Porsche. Those who look down on it are ignorent and clueless. I like driving it every bit as much as I like driving my C2S or RS.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
My RS has been in the shop all week for a seal repair. I have been driving the snot out of a Cayman S six speed and loving it. It is every bit a Porsche. Those who look down on it are ignorent and clueless. I like driving it every bit as much as I like driving my C2S or RS.
This thread is about the Cayman Club... Not the Cayman... I don't think anyone here is looking down on the Cayman... I might even buy another one when they put in a 3.8...
Old 11-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bull30
I don't think anyone here is looking down on the Cayman... I might even buy another one when they put in a 3.8...
Didn't you have a 16 page thread full of opinions, "looking down on the Cayman"?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bull30
I don't think anyone here is looking down on the Cayman... I might even buy another one when they put in a 3.8...
Incredible. You've just defined hypocrite. You, sir, were a chief among the "handful of loud mouthed a-holes" I referenced without attribution in my earlier post. It's not worth the time to search and quote examples of your incessant mean spirited, banal, anti-Cayman tripe which you chose to post here, on the Cayman forum, but then most of those here need no such evidence, we remember.

Now I guess we'll see your weak kneed protests, excuses, whining and, of course, your predictable personal attacks. How refreshing it would be if you instead showed maturity by posting a long overdue mea culpa.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
drmarkp
Advanced

Should that be anti-Cayman trite, rather than tripe?
Confiteor Deo omnipotenti, mea culpa,mea culpa,mea maxima culpa.

The Cunning Linguist
Old 11-11-2007, 05:37 PM
morefun
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Mussl Kar

I saw your GT3RS at Inskip with the engine out. Pat said that the RMS had been installed "incorrectly" (backwards) by the factory. Amazing! See you at LRP in the spring...........
Old 11-11-2007, 06:08 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drmarkp
Should that be anti-Cayman trite, rather than tripe?
No. Tripe, used for its secondary, colloquial meaning, although the referenced posts were also largely trite.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ray S
Didn't you have a 16 page thread full of opinions, "looking down on the Cayman"?

Don't get me started... I've mellowed in my old age... My feelings about the cS has not changed based on it's current configuation... The car ALWAYS looked great...

Go figure... I just bought a Cayenne S for my wife... I never thought I would do that

If that thread was still alive and kicking, you might find that most of the opinions were pointed at me... I have a very thick skin... Good therapy though...

Keep on searching for the mid-range torque
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,748 Likes on 2,354 Posts

i always find it funny when ppl talk up or talk down on a car when they haven't driven one at all or have driven it less than 12 months 12k miles. a test drive to me is more or less 12,000 miles. anything short of that you really have no idea what the car is about.

those who look down at a cay or cay s clearly do not own one. if you have one and still look down at it, then clearly you have no clue how to drive. yes, it doesn't have 50000 hp, but it's one amazing chassis. and as much as PAG handicapped it, it still shines.

you know, this reminds me of gen 1 miata and S2k's. many look down at them. quite frankly those two cars are probably the quintessential driver's cars at their best. until one can appreciate those cars, they should be allowed to drive, period.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by morefun
Mussl Kar

I saw your GT3RS at Inskip with the engine out. Pat said that the RMS had been installed "incorrectly" (backwards) by the factory. Amazing! See you at LRP in the spring...........
Waaaah! Sure hope to make it to LRP next spring. Mmmmm.....Yup. Extreem track out onto no name is very slick close to the rumble strip when the track is green. Hope to see you there.
Still have the Cayman S. Had a friend over today and we both wrang it out. Loving the Cayman S. It is a lot easier to control then the C2S when it has its tail hanging out. Not the thrust of the C2S but close enough. I think I will have the Cayman a few more days. (insert evil smilie here)

Quick Reply: Cayman Club forum. Is it just me?