Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)

New baby Porsche...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007 | 01:20 PM
Cesko
Instructor

Yep, I just read the article in Excellence. I wasn't aware that the owner was known on these forums.
Old 12-04-2007 | 01:47 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think I'm in love....

Sweet car and great color. I know others have asked but I haven't been able to find a reference to the color.
Old 12-05-2007 | 01:23 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
I think I'm in love....

Sweet car and great color. I know others have asked but I haven't been able to find a reference to the color.
Joe discusses what he went thorough in Excellence to get Ruf to shoot that color for him. When he found out what a nightmare I was going through to get Porsche AG to shoot my custom color (paint to sample) he elected to get it in Carrara White and have Alois Ruf do the repaint in "Azurro Santa Barbara." He made up the name because of the Club Coupe's "Azurro California." ;-)
Old 12-05-2007 | 08:43 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Joe discusses what he went thorough in Excellence to get Ruf to shoot that color for him. When he found out what a nightmare I was going through to get Porsche AG to shoot my custom color (paint to sample) he elected to get it in Carrara White and have Alois Ruf do the repaint in "Azurro Santa Barbara." He made up the name because of the Club Coupe's "Azurro California." ;-)
Thank you for the reply. The last time I remember seeing a color very similar to this was in the early 80's on a street legal 935 imported from Germany. Seeing this car brought back those memories. What surprises me most is that Porsche had difficulty shooting the color. You would think they have some local guys that are experts in this type of work. Any idea which issue of Excellence this was discussed in?

Thanks again.
Old 12-06-2007 | 01:16 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Absolutely beautiful!
Old 12-06-2007 | 02:26 PM
gmsracing
Pro

I saw that car in the magazines, and the one thing I didn't like was that the engine opening surround wasn't painted the new color. It was left in the OEM white. For the extent of the mods the owner went through, I thought they would have painted that part too.
Old 01-05-2008 | 10:07 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gmsracing
I saw that car in the magazines, and the one thing I didn't like was that the engine opening surround wasn't painted the new color. It was left in the OEM white. For the extent of the mods the owner went through, I thought they would have painted that part too.
I gave him grief for that today!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: New baby Porsche...