Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O.Z. Superleggera III

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 07:36 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking O.Z. Superleggera III

I've been thinking of skipping the OEM 19" wheel options in favor of an aftermarket wheel. My current favorite wheel would have to be the OZ Superleggera III.

What do you think? I think it would look pretty hot on a croc!

Does this car need a lower-ride height or what?!? I love the look of the Cayman S, but even with a 19" wheel the stance is too tall. I think it would look create with an inch-shorter spring. ....but that's just my opion - your mileage may vary.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:44 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 98 Posts

Superleggeras are nice, but I prefer 10 spokes to 12. One of my favourite all-time wheels are the Prodrive P1s (made by O.Z.). I have a set for my WRX (for which they are intended) and the quality is excellent. O.Z. make good wheels.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OZ IIIs are top tier wheels. Better than any OEM wheel really. The above prodrives are in a completely different price segment (much cheaper).

You definitely have to lower it to make it look proper.

Good luck,
Ben
Old 07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
intense_tracer
Track Day

Hi Ben, Could you explain what you mean by being better than OEMs? I'm in the process of getting one with the 19" Carrera Classics (I really like the way they look), but have also looked at after market. Do you mean weight? construction? Also, anyone know the weights of the 19"C. Classics? I plan on tracking the car initially with the 19s (DE and AX) so it would be nice to be able to get something on the lighter side. Thx.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

They are top shelf.

Forged and heat reated centers, flow formed outers, titanium hardware. We hand build the SLIII here as we are their US importer. Of all the wheels we carry, these are among our finest. OZ's racing heritage speaks for itself.

Give me a call if interested.
Attached Images  
Old 07-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

I have the SL on my GT3. After three years of track, no issues. I chose the OZ because it is light, (much less than OEM wheels) and very strong. With the bombed out roads around here, strong is a must! I also like the fact that there are multiple service centers who can rebuild and repair them in a short time. This was not the case with another top quality 3 piece wheel I had on a previous car. I endorse the OZ.

Best,
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Damon - what a super picture! Thanks!
I make it a point to try and support PCA and Rennlist sponsors.
I'm looking at a September build w/ a late October / early November ship. A set of SLIII's will look fantastic under the Christmas tree!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just thought I'd add that Champion builds gorgeous 19s for the Cayman S.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
They are top shelf.

Forged and heat reated centers, flow formed outers, titanium hardware. We hand build the SLIII here as we are their US importer. Of all the wheels we carry, these are among our finest. OZ's racing heritage speaks for itself.

THat's a great looking Cayman.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:01 PM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome. Those wheels have a lot going for them: they are sporty, sophisticated, detailed and elegant. The fine, staggered spokes are a perfect complement to the rim bolts. And that's a beautiful shot of the silver crock.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:36 AM
TitaniumVT
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by damon@tirerack.com
They are top shelf.

Great photo, Damon. Do you have a similar one of a silver Cayman S with 19" SSR GT3 wheels?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:31 AM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Are they lighter than the stock?Try to reduce the unsprung weight and 18's will be faster they have less rolling mass.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:46 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

OZ makes wheels for RUF, so I'm a believer. I also love the deep dish look. Here are pics of my RUF 3-piece modular wheels. I believe OZ makes this for RUF as well.

As for weight, I don't know how they compare, but for the beautiful look, there are few wheels that come close. Do these come in 5 spokes?

If I get my Cayman, I'll just go with the standard wheels, and up-grade with after-markets like these? BTW, as the 07s come with TPMS standard, does anyone know if after-market wheels work with the TPMS system? I'd hate to see the light on all the time when I switch wheels. Thanks.

CP
Attached Images   
Old 07-16-2006, 03:37 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Damon do you have parts for Giotto III for Cayenne yet???????? Weight?

BTW, SL III are my FAVORITE SPORT WHEELS EVER!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:52 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry, no pictures of the GT3 were taken on the car while it was here. Weight is a few pounds lighter than stock and the look is drop dead sexy. These are wheels that look MUCH better in person.

So far, the Giotto won't fit it, only the SLIII and the Raffaelo. The Rafaello is bound to look hot as well, but we didn't have the parts to build the wheels for the photoshoot.

Quick Reply: O.Z. Superleggera III