Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O.Z. Superleggera III

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Benjamin Choi
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OZ supplies wheels for Ruf and Hamaan and others. Auto companies like Ruf and tuning companies like Hamaan simply rebadge the OZ wheels, add their significant margins, and resell it to you the end-customer.

I'd take a serious look at BBS as well--their forged line (LM, RS-GT, RG-R). You can't go wrong with BBS and OZ. They're the only two wheel manufacturers that use free flow rim parts. Champion wheels are quality as well, but they just don't have the R&D $$$s and motorsport history.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:59 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,639 Likes on 2,319 Posts

BBS RSGT has fitment for cayman. they are lighter than OZ.
i am thinking of getting a set in diamond black.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:30 AM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont like them, if they had equal spoke spacing yes, but the dual spoke look, look cheap for some reason
Old 09-24-2006, 02:08 AM
tkarwin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CP
OZ makes wheels for RUF, so I'm a believer. I also love the deep dish look. Here are pics of my RUF 3-piece modular wheels. I believe OZ makes this for RUF as well.

As for weight, I don't know how they compare, but for the beautiful look, there are few wheels that come close. Do these come in 5 spokes?

If I get my Cayman, I'll just go with the standard wheels, and up-grade with after-markets like these? BTW, as the 07s come with TPMS standard, does anyone know if after-market wheels work with the TPMS system? I'd hate to see the light on all the time when I switch wheels. Thanks.

CP
When I saw that the TPMS was becoming stock I also shook my head. I hope that it won't limit choices on aftermarket wheels. Any news on this Damon?

Quick Reply: O.Z. Superleggera III