Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Gear Stigg Times- Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 08:42 PM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Simply put, hobbling the Cayman does not maximize Porsche's potential to win over as much as the target demographic as it good."

Huh <?>

tino
Old 11-27-2005, 11:55 PM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis
As for Top Gear, it's entertainment. Only gross generalities emerge from comparing single lap track times by a driver who may/may not be familiar w/the car, under differing conditions (wind speed/direction, humidity/rain, temp, etc.). Certainly not something to be debating tenths or even a few seconds. The same goes for the mag road test specs. It's just show biz.
Totally agree. In addition, Jeremy Clarkson is a good writer and producer but when it comes to cars he's pretty much a bag of wind. He might be more convincing if he wrote for bridal magazines. I take Top Gear about as seriously as Ross Perot's run for President.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:12 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by soltino
Huh <?>
Good point.

That should be:

"Simply put, hobbling the Cayman does not maximize Porsche's potential to win over as much as the target demographic as it could."
Old 11-28-2005, 06:37 AM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
for a few K more I can get a Z06 that is faster in all objective measures. The Z06 would still have a few subjective shortcomings but how can you argue with a 500hp dry-sump motor in a car that weighs ~3100 pounds
I guess it all depends what you are looking for. While the C6 Z06 Corvette is plenty fast, it also appears to be plenty scary (see Car and Driver comparison test with the Viper). This is a car for the seriously skilled driver and not somebody looking for a little weekend recreation. People will undoubtedly buy Z06s and 911s because of image and status even though they may not be the best cars for their real driving needs. It will be interesting to see how the Cayman S does in the market.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:26 PM
CarsRGood
Advanced

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
..if you want to win the stop light Grand Prix, buy a motorcycle. .. I have a C6 Corvette and it isn't nearly as much fun to drive as a Boxster S. ..The Z06 will be plenty fast but the reviews indicate it has the same dead feeling steering as the C6.. fun when pushed hard but there are limited opportunities to drive like .. a car that goes 0-60 in 5 seconds is fast enough.. If you are looking for an extraordinarily well balanced car that is engaging to drive, the Cayman S is playing to rave reviews.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:12 AM
nyca
Drifting

Received 904 Likes on 504 Posts

video here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...165&q=top+gear
Old 01-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Michael Cain
Instructor

Originally Posted by jeeva
Michael, I am unable to open any of the links, and I have DivX, quicktime, real player and windows media.
Jeeva, You need to download the bit torrent client first before you can down load these links.

for example just download and install one of the bit torrent clients from this page.

http://www.slyck.com/bt.php?page=2

Then just click on the download links in my mail.

Enjoy.

Michael
Old 01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
-tokz-
AutoX

Originally Posted by Michael Cain
Guys,

Dont Worry!

You can download all the Top Gear and 5th Gear episode's from this website.

You will also find the review of the new Porsche Cayman and Porsche 997 S.

http://www.mininova.org

For example here is last weeks 5th gear episode which features a porsche 944 S2 Cab:-

http://www.mininova.org/tor/138606

You will find all the current series of Top Gear on this site :- i.e. just click.

http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=top+gear

Happy Viewing.

Regards

Michael
i cant find any vid that contain the new cayman timing?or it goes by the season and episode?

Quick Reply: Top Gear Stigg Times- Cayman S